Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2012   #241
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Holliday's chances at making the team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I still remember reading the sports page in the chronicle with that picture on the front page. Apparently that was a day full of shenanigans. Trindon was on the trike, Schaub hit walter....with a pie, and the attitude of that practice was very laid back. I think it was at that moment when I began to worry about the 2010 season. Oh man how right I was.....

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #242
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
There was a training camp video of him riding a tricycle from his rookie year if I remember correctly.
Yeah you are right, I remember seen that either picture or video. Anyway, that was really funny and every time I see Holliday on Tricycle it just cracks me up.

Go Tricycle!!! Burn that rubber!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #243
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
You're wrong..............Trindon just knows how to read it!
There jsut isnt any going backwards to his returns , he might go sideways for a short bit but then its full bore headed in the right direction. His acceleration is amazing andfor a little guy , he's fearless.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #244
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
There jsut isnt any going backwards to his returns , he might go sideways for a short bit but then its full bore headed in the right direction. His acceleration is amazing andfor a little guy , he's fearless.
Because the O line this year just isn't as good as last year, we are going to really need the occasional TDs he will get us. I'm certain that Kubiak knows that, and it's a reason he kept Holliday despite the fact that Holliday is essentially a one trick pony that Kubiak normally doesn't keep.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #245
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
... Holliday is essentially a one trick pony...
Yea, but it's a really good trick.
Old 09-01-2012   #246
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
Yea, but it's a really good trick.
you'll get no argument from me on that.

Both the NFL records for kick off returns for TDs and punt returns for TDs in a single season is 4. I like to see him break one or both of them.

Old 09-01-2012   #247
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Both the NFL records for kick off returns for TDs and punt returns for TDs in a single season is 4. I like to see him break one or both of them.
3 in 4 games in pre-season, it he can dish just half of that up in the regular season the record is broken.

I like the TD's he's produced, but the extra yardags on returns and the subsequent better field position is going to make a HUGE difference this season, if he can keep it up that is

One thing I know, I'll be excited, not mortified, with returns this year!
Old 09-01-2012   #248
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
3 in 4 games in pre-season, it he can dish just half of that up in the regular season the record is broken.

I like the TD's he's produced, but the extra yardags on returns and the subsequent better field position is going to make a HUGE difference this season, if he can keep it up that is

One thing I know, I'll be excited, not mortified, with returns this year!
yeah, no kidding. That damn jacoby jones had me doubling up on my blood pressure medicine on Sundays.

Old 09-01-2012   #249
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

You two above me realize that Holliday had almost as many fumbles on returns as he did TD's right?

I'm expecting to watch some of his returns with my hands covering my face.
Old 09-01-2012   #250
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
You two above me realize that Holliday had almost as many fumbles on returns as he did TD's right?

Please, if you don't mind, I'd rather live in blissfull ignorance than be aware of these facts.

Old 09-01-2012   #251
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'll take that any day of the week. TD = TD, INT = ?.

No longer will I be hiding my head in the pillow whenever we're returning
Old 09-01-2012   #252
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Boom or bust isn't so bad, if there is an actual boom once in a while.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #253
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It will be tough. Alot of knockoffs will go through the end zone and alot of punts will go out of bounds.
dream_team is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #254
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
It will be tough. Alot of knockoffs will go through the end zone and alot of punts will go out of bounds.
Possibly true but as pointed out several times, that's not a bad thing. A guaranteed start at the twenty and on punts the ball is more often than not spotted anywhere from 10 - 15 yds further up field than where it touches down out of bounds due to the angle of the punt.

Win - win situation in my book. And when they do kick it to The Tricycle he has a great chance to waterbug all the way to the house! I love watching fearless fly do his thing.

Bring on the Phins!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #255
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:

I would take a brian mitchell clone on our team in a heartbeat.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #256
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I still remember reading the sports page in the chronicle with that picture on the front page. Apparently that was a day full of shenanigans. Trindon was on the trike, Schaub hit walter....with a pie, and the attitude of that practice was very laid back. I think it was at that moment when I began to worry about the 2010 season. Oh man how right I was.....
I wish it was that simple, but treating practice as if they were the Packers or Steelers wouldn't have made that Texans defense any better...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #257
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
I wish it was that simple, but treating practice as if they were the Packers or Steelers wouldn't have made that Texans defense any better...
I agree, but they could have been a tad bit better had they applied a hard working attitude for the rookies. I know the defense still would have been terrible, but when you are somewhat laid back, and then get your tails whipped, you are less confident than you would have been if you had a serious attitude throughout the workouts. That's just how I feel at least.

Old 09-02-2012   #258
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree, but they could have been a tad bit better had they applied a hard working attitude for the rookies. I know the defense still would have been terrible, but when you are somewhat laid back, and then get your tails whipped, you are less confident than you would have been if you had a serious attitude throughout the workouts. That's just how I feel at least.
You're assuming one day was representative of the whole camp.
Old 09-02-2012   #259
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You're assuming one day was representative of the whole camp.
Wasn't it though? Remember this was 2 years ago, and there's no worth in arguing over it. But wasn't practice somewhat laid back as opposed to what it is like now? I mean, I remember reading they were really preparing for Indy, and they did, but what about the rest of the season? I just felt more could have been done. But once again, it was 2 years ago. We already know how that season turned out.

Old 09-02-2012   #260
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I mean, I remember reading they were really preparing for Indy, and they did, but what about the rest of the season?
What do you mean by this? If they were training really hard for Indy they were training really hard. They don't prepare for any team in training camp. Game plans are put in on Tuesdays of each game week.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read