Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-01-2012   #21
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do we have a Super Bowl team or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
we are pretty much in the same boat as the

Ravens
Denver
Cheifs

everything looks good on paper we got the players the coaches good running game and good D and the prototipacal QB

and there is left 2 do is Excute ... and thats the hardest thing

look at the ravens they have been trying to excute for 5 years
This Norg post is sponsored by Webster's and facepalms.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #22
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

your damn right we have a superbowl team!!!!

there is no one we fear and in my opinion there is no one better.
There are a few teams equal to us but it will be settled till later in the season where we rank. For now put at us as equal number 1 with about 4 other teams.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #23
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Do we have the quality and skill necessary to win the Super Bowl? YES. Do we have the heart, guts, killer instinct, and luck? I'll let you know in late January.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I remember being in this situation twice before, being this optimistic about our teams future.

We just finished the 2004 season 7-9.... Year 4, we thought our young team had matured & were ready to Take the next step. Then the other shoe dropped & we went 2-14.

After the 2009 season our young leaders looked poised to carry us to a higher level of play after finishing the season recording our first winning season @ 9-7 we looked destined for the play-offs. Then the other shoe dropped & we finished 6-10.

As a fan of Houston football, you know the other foot is about to drop.
Old 09-01-2012   #25
Lucky

Rep Power: 189115 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I remember being in this situation twice before, being this optimistic about our teams future.

You do realize this has no affect on future performance, right?

Look, the AFC is weaker than it has been in years. Pittsburgh is aging. Baltimore is re-tooling their defense. The Patriots have concerns on both sides of the ball. There is no other franchise in the AFC better prepared to compete with these teams than the Texans.

No the Texans are not a perfect team. That doesn't exist in the salary cap era that exists now. But for all of their questions, they have more answers. No other AFC team can throw out the collection of talent the Texans have (AJ, Foster, Brown, Watt, Barwin, Cushing, Joseph). Given the correct chemistry and guidance, that talent should shine through.
Old 09-01-2012   #26
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We just finished the 2004 season 7-9.... Year 4, we thought our young team had matured & were ready to Take the next step. Then the other shoe dropped & we went 2-14.

After the 2009 season our young leaders looked poised to carry us to a higher level of play after finishing the season recording our first winning season @ 9-7 we looked destined for the play-offs. Then the other shoe dropped & we finished 6-10.

Neither the 2004 team nor the 2009 team had nearly as good of a defense (or offense for that matter) as the 2011 team. I remember more vividly people wondering out loud if Jackson/Quin as CB1 and CB2 would not bite us in the hiney since we just let D-Rob go that offseason.
Old 09-01-2012   #27
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 299017 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well, which is it? Is the shoe gonna drop or is the foot? Shoes I don't care about, you can get 'em cheap on Amazon. Feet though can be a problem.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #28
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we are capable, but will need some luck to go our way to get there. If our o-line holds up and we're injury free, we should be in the AFC Championship game I think. With that said, I don't think we're a Super Bowl team this year. We have big question marks with our receiving corps, o-line, and the health of several of our big name players like AJ, Shaun Cody, and Brian Cushing's injury.
Old 09-01-2012   #29
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 183943 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

Look, the AFC is weaker than it has been in years. Pittsburgh is aging. Baltimore is re-tooling their defense. The Patriots have concerns on both sides of the ball. There is no other franchise in the AFC better prepared to compete with these teams than the Texans.

No the Texans are not a perfect team. That doesn't exist in the salary cap era that exists now. But for all of their questions, they have more answers. No other AFC team can throw out the collection of talent the Texans have (AJ, Foster, Brown, Watt, Barwin, Cushing, Joseph). Given the correct chemistry and guidance, that talent should shine through.
This. Injury is only thing I fear as we can play with any team. We have good depth in most positions. I think Kubes needs to really shine with play calling and Wade needs to bring his crew in with much more of his 3-4 playbook.
Old 09-01-2012   #30
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

My gut says "No". I just think there are too many question marks about the O-line and receivers. Add in injuries & the outlook is even worse.
Old 09-02-2012   #31
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 123249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
My gut says "No". I just think there are too many question marks about the O-line and receivers. Add in injuries & the outlook is even worse.
i'm actually not worried about the WRs now. I think this is the best group of WRs we have ever had. If AJ goes down i feel a lot more confident than i did a season ago thats for sure.
Old 09-02-2012   #32
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Do we have the quality and skill necessary to win the Super Bowl? YES. Do we have the heart, guts, killer instinct, and luck? I'll let you know in late January.
This.

I am just going to wait and enjoy each game as it comes along. If it leads us to a Super Bowl - Fantastic!! If not - BOOO.

The season is too short and the off-season is way to long to be worrying about the last game of the season before the first game has even been played.

Old 09-02-2012   #33
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Wut ???? u know its true
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #34
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

There is a window right now...hopefully we can step in it. Carpe diem!

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #35
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Texans vs Giants I say.
Old 09-02-2012   #36
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If defenses truly WIN SBs, then YEP, we have a chance. WAIT!! We still have KJ as a starter! Hummmmmm, not so sure now! Ask again mid season!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #37
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Read the sig.

Not that part , the other part.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
If defenses truly WIN SBs, then YEP, we have a chance. WAIT!! !
Wait... our defense has been at the top of the league once.... just once. But all of a sudden we're the Ravens.

I don't think so. I think we're more like the Packers. They had the #2 defense in the league in 2010, not so good in 2011.
Old 09-02-2012   #39
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans have an excellent chance at winning a SB title. We have the talent, now we need the luck. I'd be happier going 9-7 in the regular season and winning the SB than being 15-1 and not ever getting there.
Old 09-10-2012   #40
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 183943 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

After one game, I think verdict is still out. We need to see a complete dominance of the "next team up."

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read