Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-30-2012   #181
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 20837 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: Holliday's chances at making the team

4 games in preseason and 3 returns for TD, and a 60 yard return, he won't be on the waiver wire for long if we let him go.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #182
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel safe in saying that Holliday made the final 53 although losing that KO in the endzone just makes him that much more maddening.
Old 08-30-2012   #183
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

No way Holliday gets cut! No chance!!!! He is here for the season!

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #184
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I feel safe in saying that Holliday made the final 53 although losing that KO in the endzone just makes him that much more maddening.
that may be the touch that freaks them out...I'm not as sold that Holliday makes the roster as you.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #185
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post

Originally Posted by BigBull17
Damn, Gary needs new friends.
Just noticed your sig .... wonder how you and BigBull17 feel about Vance Joseph now ??

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #186
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
that may be the touch that freaks them out...I'm not as sold that Holliday makes the roster as you.
It seems to happen more frequently in the endzone on KO's, but he's pretty lucky that he's only lost one this preseason. That being said, Holliday is the ultimate "I can fix this guy" type player. He's certainly special enough as a returner that if you can fix his bobbling on the catch, which I think he's done more of that than fumbling while running, he'd be absolutely gold. I think they have to at least start him on the squad and let him play his way off the roster in the regular season. As soon as he fumbles put in Forsett or McMannis or whomever can catch it and not lose it.
Old 08-30-2012   #187
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 17901 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

I just keep going back to the fact that he can be completely taken out of the game.

Kick out of the endzone, punt out of bounds. The new rules have just made it that much more difficult.

If the guy turns into Devin Hester in the regular season, opponents just won't risk it..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #188
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
I just keep going back to the fact that he can be completely taken out of the game.

Kick out of the endzone, punt out of bounds. The new rules have just made it that much more difficult.

If the guy turns into Devin Hester in the regular season, opponents just won't risk it..

TJ
Touchbacks only happened about a 50% clip for the league last year. There are plenty of kickers who can't really get it all that deep consistently. Not every punter is going to coffin corner him either.
Old 08-30-2012   #189
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post

TJ
Opponents kicking away from him is almost as good as actually kicking to him.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #190
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It seems to happen more frequently in the endzone on KO's, but he's pretty lucky that he's only lost one this preseason. That being said, Holliday is the ultimate "I can fix this guy" type player. He's certainly special enough as a returner that if you can fix his bobbling on the catch, which I think he's done more of that than fumbling while running, he'd be absolutely gold. I think they have to at least start him on the squad and let him play his way off the roster in the regular season. As soon as he fumbles put in Forsett or McMannis or whomever can catch it and not lose it.
With Posey showing up and too many good backs...I'm not convinced

Old 08-30-2012   #191
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
If I were to draw any conclusions from the game, I don't think they would've let him be on the field after the fumble, and wouldn't inexplicably take him out after his TD unless they were thinking they wanted to save him.
Old 08-30-2012   #192
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Trindon isn't going anywhere Vinny. The Texans know that the Titans are waiting in the wings if we were stupid enough to do that. There isn't enough bath salt in the world for Gary and Rick to snort up tonight.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #193
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

The fact he took him out after his return clinches it. I guarantee you the conversation went something like this, "Ok kid, that's enough. Rest up and get ready for Miami".
Old 08-30-2012   #194
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 5771 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

You can't cut a player who returned 3 td's in such a small sample size. Would be foolish.
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #195
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
You can't cut a player who returned 3 td's in such a small sample size. Would be foolish.
Yeah, a sample size is usually free or less expensive than an actual size so why not keep him? Please keep him. I want to see more sample size in action.

Go Holliday!!!

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #196
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Trindon isn't going anywhere Vinny. The Texans know that the Titans are waiting in the wings if we were stupid enough to do that. There isn't enough bath salt in the world for Gary and Rick to snort up tonight.
He'd never get to the Titans. The Colts would get first pick & if they can't find a place for him on their roster I guarantee Shanahan would snatch him up.
Old 08-31-2012   #197
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
He'd never get to the Titans. The Colts would get first pick & if they can't find a place for him on their roster I guarantee Shanahan would snatch him up.
The Redskins already have a return guy similar to Trindon that they love in Banks. But yeah I forgot about the final cut waiver wire rules. The point is he's not going to make it very far down the line. Teams drool over a playmaker on special teams. Hell, the Ravens signed our trash for 7+ MIL because they were so desperate for one.
Old 08-31-2012   #198
sbalderrama
Rookie

Rep Power: 96 sbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respected

It's been refreshing to watch Holliday. He takes what the other team gives, hits the seams and goes. Even when he goes sideways he goes actual sideways. Compared to Jacoby starting off every run by going backwards.
sbalderrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #199
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Shanahan already has a Trindon Holliday: 5'7" Brandon Banks.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #200
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
If I were to draw any conclusions from the game, I don't think they would've let him be on the field after the fumble, and wouldn't inexplicably take him out after his TD unless they were thinking they wanted to save him.
fwiw, I think they wanted to see Forsett because they want to know he is the man if they go with a no Trindon roster version. Personally I'm with you guys thinking its likely he stays, but I understand their logic if they cut him. They are going to have to cut a good young player that will be picked up by someone since TH is forcing their hand so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I think he would play somewhere this season if not here. I picked a fine night to give up bath salts.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read