Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-18-2012   #21
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3606 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: As a Newbie to the Texans (not to

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Inside joke. Watch this video (over and over) to understand

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...-Brian-Cushing
lol that's insane. He's nuts....funny stuff
LondonTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #22
texasgirl
noob

Rep Power: 0 texasgirl is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasgirl is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasgirl is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasgirl is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasgirl is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasgirl is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasgirl is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasgirl is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasgirl is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasgirl is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasgirl is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm new to this board, but native to Houston...you won't find another big city with the downhome friendliness of Houston.....I've traveled to other big cities, and nothing compares to H-town
texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #23
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3606 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
I'm new to this board, but native to Houston...you won't find another big city with the downhome friendliness of Houston.....I've traveled to other big cities, and nothing compares to H-town
welcome fellow newbie
Old 08-19-2012   #24
Home team fan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Home team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm new to the site. I've been a Houston fan since birth in 1970. Spent 1 yr in NY and got back as quick as I could. Welcome to H-town, Mate.
Home team fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #25
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home team fan View Post
I'm new to the site. I've been a Houston fan since birth in 1970. Spent 1 yr in NY and got back as quick as I could. Welcome to H-town, Mate.
Thanks bro... Welcome to the site too.... Everyone has been nothing but welcoming... Not surprising as I get a slight inkling that y'all live in a very friendly place .... Nice to meet u
Old 08-26-2012   #26
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 31960 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Back to topic! Welcome Newbie!! We have several British fans that frequent the board, esp during the season. I bet they'll show up pretty soon. Most of all, just have fun, and don't let the sarcastic posters run ya off.
Sheesh - we just hide in the 'Other Sports' section for the summer whilst the off-season meltdown commences!

And welcome LondonTex - it's a pretty friendly bunch around here. As a Brit (now relocated to Canada) myself I started coming here a few years back, and everyone has always been most helpful - especially during the 'annoying newbie to football' stage.

Just watch out for characters like Brakos and Bill.
Old 08-27-2012   #27
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
Sheesh - we just hide in the 'Other Sports' section for the summer whilst the off-season meltdown commences!

And welcome LondonTex - it's a pretty friendly bunch around here. As a Brit (now relocated to Canada) myself I started coming here a few years back, and everyone has always been most helpful - especially during the 'annoying newbie to football' stage.

Just watch out for characters like Brakos and Bill.
Thanks mate. Just out of interest....did you follow the Texans before you moved to Canada?
Old 08-27-2012   #28
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 31960 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonTex View Post
Thanks mate. Just out of interest....did you follow the Texans before you moved to Canada?
Sure did - only been out in the great frozen north for 3 years. Started watching Houston (via the internet mostly!) back in 2005.

In fact I remember going to the NYG-Dolphins game at Wembley (the first NFL game there in this new tradition), and walking past a group of 2 Titans fans and a Colts fan who muttered something about "What a poor guy" whilst I walked past with my Texans jersey on...
Old 08-27-2012   #29
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston is a great city, but its crucial you have a tour guide or really good inside info on where to stay, restaurants, and nightlife. I know several Brits that moved here for oil and gas and some married my local friends and haven't looked back. They seem to like it here alot, or at least the women... Haha.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #30
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Required viewing for new Texans fans.
Old 08-28-2012   #31
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
Sure did - only been out in the great frozen north for 3 years. Started watching Houston (via the internet mostly!) back in 2005.

In fact I remember going to the NYG-Dolphins game at Wembley (the first NFL game there in this new tradition), and walking past a group of 2 Titans fans and a Colts fan who muttered something about "What a poor guy" whilst I walked past with my Texans jersey on...
Cool! Before I got married I lived in New brunswick for a while with my ex... I loved Canada and have been several times... Just never out west.

Lol re: the jersey - well judging by NFLUK there aren't many UK Texans fans around..... Just wait till we win a SB and then all of a sudden millions of new Uk fans will spring up lol....

I need to try and sort out a Texans jersey before this years IS game.... I still have some other jerseys but refuse to wear em since I went from casual fan to having a team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Houston is a great city, but its crucial you have a tour guide or really good inside info on where to stay, restaurants, and nightlife. I know several Brits that moved here for oil and gas and some married my local friends and haven't looked back. They seem to like it here alot, or at least the women... Haha.
Well I can see why it would be appealing to move to the state of Texas...Especially sports wise, weather wise and gal wise.... Then there is the natural resources .. .. I assume you've ensured your British friends have chosen the Texans over the cowgirls?
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Is this a form of self fladulation for a new fan? Haha
Old 08-28-2012   #32
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Is this a form of self fladulation for a new fan? Haha
Gotta remember where they came from so you can appreciate where they are going
Old 08-28-2012   #33
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Quote:
Gotta remember where they came from so you can appreciate where they are going
Haha yeah I got that, was just messin ... I've seen the Jags one before but not the helicopter one.... That's hilarious! Major fail huh!
Old 08-28-2012   #34
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are out of your freaking mind.
Old 08-28-2012   #35
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As a Newbie to the Texans (not to mention a Brit lol).....

Is Houston a friendly place for outsiders ?
If I can make it to a game what's the best area to get tickets..... Whats tailgates like etc?
Best 3 players (in your opinion)

Thanks

Sorry...we're not really half keen on Newbies. On your bike!

1. Houstonians are warm and fuzzy and get along with MOST people with the exception of Dallas Cowboy fans.

2. Tailgates RULE.

3. Best players? Andre, Arian and WATT!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #36
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
You are out of your freaking mind.
...I enjoyed the helicopter tho haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post

1. Houstonians are warm and fuzzy and get along with MOST people with the exception of Dallas Cowboy fans.

2. Tailgates RULE.

thanks bud ...

I've heard LOTS about the tailgates! I've seen a lot of vids lately...LOVE Foster...my fav current player has to be Cushing ...he's nuts haha
Old 08-28-2012   #37
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
The city in general is very accommodating, and you'd be hard pressed to find a friendlier place to attend a football game and tailgate! While I haven't actually got to hang out with them yet, I've heard nothing but good things about the Blue Crew that hangs out here on the forums (they are actually in platinum). Also, Raging Bull always does a great job. As far as ticket availability, it's going to depend on the game. If we're playing a scrub team the tickets will be easier to come by and will be cheaper. If we're playing a marquee type (Packers, Ravens, etc.) they will be in short supply and pretty expensive.
If you're going tailgating make sure to stop by there, they'll welcome you with open arms. When I went for the 49ers game they showed me around and introduced me to people from the boards, they're awesome, you won't be disappointed.
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #38
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Quote:
...I enjoyed the helicopter tho haha
You're the only one! I still shudder when thinking about the Rosencopter.

Quote:
Cool! Before I got married I lived in New brunswick for a while with my ex... I loved Canada and have been several times... Just never out west.
Never been to NB. That said West and East coast Canada and USA are such hugely different places - it's really stunning the differences you see in the people, and geography.

Quote:
Lol re: the jersey - well judging by NFLUK there aren't many UK Texans fans around..... Just wait till we win a SB and then all of a sudden millions of new Uk fans will spring up lol....
I know. I'm so happy that I got my Texanstalk registration date secured nicely before the dynasty begins!
Old 08-28-2012   #39
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Negative rep to you for hearing Gus Johnson's on-air orgasm for that play.

Unfortunately, I MSR before I can spread negative to BoNG again!
Old 08-28-2012   #40
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post

2. Tailgates RULE.

In my best Victoria, Texas voice, *ahem* Stone Cole Steve Austin, "WHAT???

"WATTTTT?????" Dallas sucks!!!

*crowd!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read