Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Most likely to happen?
Matt Schaub healthy for at least 14 regular season games and ALL play-off games 9 13.04%
Kevin Walter, Andre and OD combine for at least 2,500 yards recieving and 9 TD's 11 15.94%
Arian Foster: 2,200 yards receiving and rushing combined 7 10.14%
Keyshawn Martin and LeStar Jean: 1200 yards recieving and 7 TD's combined 8 11.59%
Top 2 Offense in ppg 0 0%
Barwin, Reed, Mercilus: 28 sacks combined 5 7.25%
11+ Interceptions as a team 16 23.19%
JJ Watt and Antonio: 13.5 sacks combined 11 15.94%
Cushing: League Defensive player of the year 1 1.45%
Top 2 defense in points and yards 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2012   #1
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Most Likely to Happen...New 2012 Edition

Pretty simple...What do you think is the most likely to happen?

Poll coming.....
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most Likely to Happen...New 2012 Edition

I have to go with the KW/They should easily average 3 apiece. The yardage is the tricky part, especially when injuries are brought into play. However, I expect 1200 yards out of AJ, which leaves KW and OD 650 yards each. OD (again, when healthy) is in the 700-800 range. I think it is possible.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm actually going to go with the Matt Schaub health thing.

I don't know if that's wishful thinking on my part or if I actually believe it though.
Old 08-27-2012   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Well considering we had 17 INTs last year, 11 shouldn't be that hard. I don't see any reason for that number to go down much.
Old 08-27-2012   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 218645 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with Barwin/Reed/Mercilus although I think there are a few things on there that are pretty likely to happen.

I can see Arian breaking 2200. I'm sure we'll make more than 11 interceptions. And I think K-Mart and Jean are going to put up some big numbers.

I'm not so sure about Schaub being healthy. And since I'm expecting KW to be supplanted by K-Mart and Jean, I don't expect AJ/KW/OD to get over 2500 yards receiving.

I think two of Barwin/Reed/Mercilus are going to end up with double digit sacks and the third is going to be in the high single digits.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #6
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with Schaub because he damn well better or we're hosed once again. I just don't see Arian for 2200 this year. Not with the OL in its current condition.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm actually going to go with the Matt Schaub health thing.

I don't know if that's wishful thinking on my part or if I actually believe it though.
I really, really, REALLY wanted to click that one, but I went with Arian Foster.
Old 08-27-2012   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
I went with Schaub because he damn well better or we're hosed once again. I just don't see Arian for 2200 this year. Not with the OL in its current condition.
I think Arian will be fine in that respect. Rather the front office will want to display Ben Tate's talents this year and use him as tradebait before the next draft, and also to take away carries from Foster so he doesn't get hurt. They have Tate for two more years, and then he will likely be gone in free agency. Getting a 2nd rounder for him might be worth it if we have some big needs to fill.
Old 08-27-2012   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Well considering we had 17 INTs last year, 11 shouldn't be that hard. I don't see any reason for that number to go down much.
I think the INT numbers can fluctuate and don't necessarily tell the story of how good your defense is...

Baltimore and Pittsburg have been two of the best defenses around...we had more INT's than Baltimore last year and Pitt was dead last in picks a few years ago...

But you are right...less than 11 INT's would be poor. I should have gone higher there..
Old 08-27-2012   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I would've picked Watt as DPotY.
Old 08-27-2012   #11
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't see the "All Of The Above" choice so I went with KMart and LeStar going 1200 or better. I'm trying to not be a here. I believe it's well within reach for them.

I also think Matt will stay healthy. After watching the first two drives Saturday night I came away very impressed. His passes were money and he was hitting some tight windows. He looked sharp.

Two more weeks and it's Showtime!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #12
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked Foster with 2200 yard s combined. He's healthy going into the year and even with the right side of the line not so hot right now, they'll still lean heavily on Foster until Martin and Jean really pick it up in the regular season.

Though I'm with Eriadoc, I REALLY wanted to pick Schaub stays healthy.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Not voting for anything that has Schaub or AJ in it. I’m to leary of those two being healthy all year.

Foster having 2,200 combined yards is too rich for me.

Top 2 offense in ppg just isn’t happening.

11+ interceptions as a team is to easy, they’ll get that.

Cushing is good, damn good, but not defensive player of the year.

Top 2 defense in points and yards isn’t happening this year.

So, that leaves Martin and Jean with 1200 yards and 7 TDs, or Barwin Reed Mercilus with 28 sacks, or Watt and Antionio with 13.5 sacks.

Don't think Martin and Jean will do that because I don't trust Schaub to stay healthy all year and Kubiak loves him some Walter. Although that's the one I would love to happen. The other two, I don't know. I would have liked to see something like "The D-Line will get X sacks, or, the LBs will get X sacks".

I'm gonna go with the LBs and take the Barwin, Reed, and Mercilus combo because of Wade Phillips.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #14
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 40560 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

where is all of the above option?
Old 08-27-2012   #15
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I went with Barwin/Reed/Mercilus although I think there are a few things on there that are pretty likely to happen.

I can see Arian breaking 2200. I'm sure we'll make more than 11 interceptions. And I think K-Mart and Jean are going to put up some big numbers.

I'm not so sure about Schaub being healthy. And since I'm expecting KW to be supplanted by K-Mart and Jean, I don't expect AJ/KW/OD to get over 2500 yards receiving.

I think two of Barwin/Reed/Mercilus are going to end up with double digit sacks and the third is going to be in the high single digits.
I pretty much agree with everything said in this statement here.

Couldn't have said it better myself...
Old 08-27-2012   #16
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think the INT numbers can fluctuate and don't necessarily tell the story of how good your defense is...

Baltimore and Pittsburg have been two of the best defenses around...we had more INT's than Baltimore last year and Pitt was dead last in picks a few years ago...

But you are right...less than 11 INT's would be poor. I should have gone higher there..
Yeah, sorry I borked your puzzle...

The next likeliest thing on the list is the JJ Watt and Antonio sack numbers. Watt had 5.5 last year, Smith 6.5, total of 12. 13 isn't much of a stretch if we expect Watt to increase his productivity.
Old 08-27-2012   #17
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with Schaub too...... I don't care if he pulls a Peyton and ducks & falls every time he sees a defender nearby. We need him healthy and his bank account needs him healthy.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #18
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

The 11+ interception pick is a slam dunk. I guess Barwin/Reed/Mercilus/ going for 28 sacks would have been my 2nd choice.
Old 08-28-2012   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 298506 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

11 INTs is the easiest one.

I hate to say it, but I would be shocked if some of them happen, especially Schaub. I certainly want to see him play all 19 games this season, but I do not feel confident in expecting it to happen.
Old 08-28-2012   #20
mokalus
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 mokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody else getting to the point where no news is good news? I'm almost afraid to log in to this forum sometimes, but I guess it just goes to show that things are good. [knocks on wood]
mokalus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read