Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2005   #21
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 27 - Jags 19
Old 11-06-2005   #22
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Jags 20

Texans 14
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #23
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Jags 28

Texans 9
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #24
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know how good the Jags pass defense is ... but I do know how bad our pass offense is .
This starts a streak of no return and leads to Bob's spring cleaning .

Jags 24
Texans 9

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #25
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch
Jacksonville did what they wanted to do against us, which is throw us around. They totally controlled the whole game."-Seattle RB Shaun Alexander
The Seahawks averaged over 5 ypc in the game. Holmgren abandoned the run too soon in the 2nd half and the RBs only got 5 touches. I don't know what Alexander was referring to, but he had 67 yards rushing in the 1st half. Holmgren took him out of the game, not the Jags defense.

I'm not sure you can say the Jags have really stopped anyone this season. The Colts, Broncos, and Rams ran at will. The Jets had an injured Pennington at QB who couldn't throw more than 10 yards down the field. Bengal's #2 RB Chris Perry gashed the Jags for 55 yards in 7 carries. The Steelers were forced to go with Maddux at QB, and the Jags stacked the line. At best, you could call the Jags run defense inconsistant.

I don't know if the Texans will be able to run for 211 yards as they did the last time they visited Alltel. Davis may be out. It's a new O-line. The Texans have issues. But I do think the Jacksonville run defense will be an element that keeps the team out of the playoffs. Or forces them to an early exit.
Old 11-06-2005   #26
Texas_Heat
Veteran

Texans 24-20 in a shocker
Greatest Metal Bands: #1 VENOM # 2 SLAYER.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #27
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

It should be a case of Too much-Not enough. I do believe (hope, pray, whine, cry, wish) that we will be the Too much and the kitties will be Not enough.

in AllTarp, and we come to take the W!

*me and Jag smack will never die*
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #28
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Jags 20

Texans 14

this one was closest

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read