Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2012   #101
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The improbable improvement of Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
This is his first training camp. Brice is one of the best nickle backs in the league.
McCain has the nickel locked up, we know that. It would be nice to see Harris tAking the snAps Ball is getting. Then we can tell ourselves that he is on Jackson's heels. As it stands we're in deep doodoo if something happens to any of our CBs becAuse last years second round pick isn't getting time with the first lot seconds team defense. All we got is Ball....

Well, McMannis appears to be getting time behind Jjo.
Old 08-26-2012   #102
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

i want to know what could kareem have done to better defend that pass.. i mean im watching the replay right now. kareem had him covered, i mean blanketed and brees made a good throw and lance moore is just a bit more athletic than kareem. if kareem turns early to locate the ball he probably loses moore and gives up an easier TD, he sticks to him and brees puts the ball in the air where only moore can get it..

i just think moore owns kareem, theres no other way to put it.

i wonder how joseph would have matched up with moore on the same play..

kareem needs a new gameplan when guarding this man i guess, jam him up harder at the line is the only remedy i see. if kareems on an island with moore, moore is going to win, hes faster and more athletic.
Old 08-26-2012   #103
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2802 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
i want to know what could kareem have done to better defend that pass.. i mean im watching the replay right now. kareem had him covered, i mean blanketed and brees made a good throw and lance moore is just a bit more athletic than kareem. if kareem turns to locate the ball he probably loses moore and gives up an easier TD, he sticks to him and brees puts the ball in the air where only moore can get it..

kareem needs a new gameplan when guarding this man i guess, jam him up harder at the line is the only remedy i see. if kareems on an island with moore, moore is going to win, he faster and more athletic.
I've went back and watched the whole game and kareem really didn't have a bad night at all. Are pass rush was terrible most of the game, couldn't guard screens and Graham was other worldly.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #104
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

The Saints were killing it with the 3-step drops, it really took the bite out of the pass rush.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #105
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
The Saints were killing it with the 3-step drops, it really took the bite out of the pass rush.
Their OL is really freakin good too .... I was impressed with the way they handled the rush even on longer developing plays , seemed to always funnel everything backside allowing for Brees to step up. When he avoided pressure he didnt go backwards , he went forward or to the side.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #106
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i want to know what could kareem have done to better defend that pass.. i mean im watching the replay right now. kareem had him covered, i mean blanketed and brees made a good throw and lance moore is just a bit more athletic than kareem. if kareem turns early to locate the ball he probably loses moore and gives up an easier TD, he sticks to him and brees puts the ball in the air where only moore can get it..

kareem needs a new gameplan when guarding this man i guess, jam him up harder at the line is the only remedy i see. if kareems on an island with moore, moore is going to win, hes faster and more athletic.
This, and especially the underlined part.

A DB should turn his head only when he's in good position (in stride or ahead of the receiver), otherwise he will only loose seperation.

We talked about how Allen was in the trail position on a post route last season.
The QB hit the receiver on the shoulder pad, allowing Allen to grab the receiver's arm (barely) and not letting him pull in the pass.

Allen never turned his head (for the same reason).
If that ball was placed perfectly like the one Brees threw, it would have a long TD pass "given up" by Allen.

I also mentioned a 53 yd TD pass Allen gave up to Wallace (when Allen was with the Dolphin).

Allen was also in trail position, but as soon as he tried to turn his head, he lost Wallace and gave up the TD.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #107
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That was a hell of a throw ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #108
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

One example of locating the ball is the long pass play Ball gave up the long pass in the Panthers game.

He had the receiver pinned to the side line and he was ahead of the receiver.
He was in great position but never turned his head and therefore gave up the catch.

An example of when not to turn his head was the pass Ball gave up to A Jenkins in the Niners game.

He gave Jenkins too much room along the side line.
When he turned his head, he lost Jenkins who veered to the outside to catch the pass.
Only the receiver knows exactly where the ball is going; the DB doesn't
Old 08-26-2012   #109
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2802 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Their OL is really freakin good too .... I was impressed with the way they handled the rush even on longer developing plays , seemed to always funnel everything backside allowing for Brees to step up. When he avoided pressure he didnt go backwards , he went forward or to the side.
Brees is a magician in the pocket...
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #110
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
Brees is a magician in the pocket...
Brees can have his yards, that's OK.

If Holiday didn't give them the cheap TD, we would have been ahead 24-17.
Our offense outscored them!
Old 08-26-2012   #111
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

kareems mental clock needs to be triggered a second sooner... this picture speaks volumes...

Old 08-26-2012   #112
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Kareem has struggled with the long ball. I'm not going to over analyze it.

He just hasn't been good making plays on the ball down the field.

He's good to really good with stuff in front of him, but down the field he struggles.

I'd like to see him play more cover two honestly. Maybe wade can design something where Kareem plays some more short zones where he excels.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #113
kwayshauntay
Veteran

Rep Power: 833 kwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
the amazing part about this is that moore was undrafted while kareem was a first rounder.
kwayshauntay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #114
76Texan
Hall of Fame

On the plus side, he made that shoe string tackle that got the RB Ivory stumbling for Quin to force the fumble.

Jackson did turn his head around when he was in stride with Henderson earlier in the game on a long ball.

A good throw and good catch was all there is to it.
The CB doesn't know if the receiver will run toward the post or cut toward the pylon or go straight or go for the backshoulder fade like that one.

That was a hell of a back-shoulder fade.
There's no way a DB can turn his head on that play.

Calling that a struggle is simply over-reacting, I'm sorry to say.
Old 08-26-2012   #115
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope KJ doesn't try and cover Calvin Johnson on Thanksgiving day. That would really ruin my day of joy and bliss. Instead of laying on the couch dozing off with a full belly of tryptophan, I'll be consuming large amounts of alcohol and throwing stuff at the tv while screaming long tirades of foul (it is turkey day) language.
Old 08-26-2012   #116
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I hope KJ doesn't try and cover Calvin Johnson on Thanksgiving day. That would really ruin my day of joy and bliss. Instead of laying on the couch dozing off with a full belly of tryptophan, I'll be consuming large amounts of alcohol and throwing stuff at the tv while screaming long tirades of foul (it is turkey day) language.
Calvin Johnson is a physical freak and is going to provide match up problems with every secondary he faces this year. I would be more upset if someone like Titus Young does that to our secondary.
Old 08-26-2012   #117
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Quote:
if kareem turns early to locate the ball he probably loses moore and gives up an easier TD
This, and especially the underlined part.

A DB should turn his head only when he's in good position (in stride or ahead of the receiver), otherwise he will only loose seperation.
Unless you've got a coach that knows what he's talking about. Once the ball is in the air, who cares what that receiver is doing? A DB should read the man, his eyes, face, hands, hips... use those clues to determine when the ball is in the air, turn & locate it... doesn't matter where the WR is, play the ball.

Now that should only be one of the techniques used by a CB to do his job. It should be used frequently, but there are cases where it isn't practical. I can't think of one off the top of my head, but I'm sure there is one.
Old 08-26-2012   #118
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Kareem has struggled with the long ball. I'm not going to over analyze it.

He just hasn't been good making plays on the ball down the field.

He's good to really good with stuff in front of him, but down the field he struggles.

I'd like to see him play more cover two honestly. Maybe wade can design something where Kareem plays some more short zones where he excels.
Brees destroys cover 2.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #119
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
kareems mental clock needs to be triggered a second sooner... this picture speaks volumes...

Yeah its almost as if he just looks back to make the coaches and fans think he's trying to locate the ball. That is hilarious though TBH
Old 08-26-2012   #120
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

All this cant keep up with the WR if he tries to locate the ball stuff is B.S. J.J does it fine, Aaron Glenn did it fine, Reeves, Aso, All top notch CBs can keep looking back trying to locate the ball and not lose his WR. But yet KJ cant ?!?!?!?

Hmmm do we need to hang a handy cap sign on the front of his helmet since he cant do what all the greats can do.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read