Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-22-2012   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: AFC South .. that cake looks to be turning to mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I really think you guys are way way way over analyzing stuff that happens in the preseason. Blaine Gabbert is going to need to do it in the regular season before I think he's going to be any kind of QB. The Titans I have been worried about as being the only real competition to us in the AFCS but come on. Mike Munchak is a 2nd year head coach who's team came unprepared regularly in 2011. The Colts were absolutely awful last year, and they pretty much have rookies vying for big starting roles on both offense and defense, we know how that's going to go.

Throw in that the best offensive player on the Jaguars is staging a silly hold out and one of the better offensive players on the Titans is an alcoholic who keeps shredding his knees. I don't think the AFCS is going to be that much better than it was last year other than the Colts not being the absolute worst team in the entire league.
You may be right, but it is not in our best interest for the AFC South to be weak. The Colts & Chargers dominated weak divisions for a decade only to choke in the play-offs.
Old 08-22-2012   #22
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

SB: 49ers vs. Texans in the Bayou.

I guy can dream, right? LOL.
Been my dream for going on 11 years! So, I'm right there with ya! My two fav teams in the NFL playing in the SB!! What more can an old gal ask for!! Well, a TEXAN win, that's what!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012   #23
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Been my dream for going on 11 years! So, I'm right there with ya! My two fav teams in the NFL playing in the SB!! What more can an old gal ask for!! Well, a TEXAN win, that's what!!
My two favorite teams in the NFC to follow are the 49ers and the Seahawks. Seahawks just 'cause I got lots of relatives in that part of the country, and the 49ers because I just like them. I'm glad the 49ers are doing well myself, but will root against them every time if they get anywhere near the Texans. It always does my heart good to see old replay playoff games where the 49ers beat the Cowgirls.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012   #24
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I really think you guys are way way way over analyzing stuff that happens in the preseason. Blaine Gabbert is going to need to do it in the regular season before I think he's going to be any kind of QB. The Titans I have been worried about as being the only real competition to us in the AFCS but come on. Mike Munchak is a 2nd year head coach who's team came unprepared regularly in 2011. The Colts were absolutely awful last year, and they pretty much have rookies vying for big starting roles on both offense and defense, we know how that's going to go.

Throw in that the best offensive player on the Jaguars is staging a silly hold out and one of the better offensive players on the Titans is an alcoholic who keeps shredding his knees. I don't think the AFCS is going to be that much better than it was last year other than the Colts not being the absolute worst team in the entire league.
Well, we won one more game than the awful Titans last year. And Munchak and Matthews are probably going to keep improving this team. I think people are over emphasizing the Texans. We won a single playoff game last season, and I know people are to start tossing the injury excuses out there but Schaub makes mistakes too.

I think that the Texans will be good, the Titans and Colts will give them a run for their money, and the Jaguars are the likely disaster.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012   #25
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Once figured to be a cake walk (for the Texans) it's starting to look more like a walk through mud. This division is going to be more difficult than originally thought by most.

Colts - Sure Luck is a rookie but he already looks better than many NFL starters. The way he bounced back vs the Steelers spoke volumes. The Colts as a team look much stronger in general and could surprise everyone this season. I think the Texans are going to have their hands full with this team. Heck they lost to them last season with Dan Orlovsky at the helm.

Jags - Another team looking much improved in the preseason. I didn't think Gabbert would ever pan out however I could be wrong. Sure it's preseason so I don't look at wins and losses but the Jags have looked pretty good when their starters have played. They are putting up points so far. I can see the Texans dropping 1 of 2 to these guys this season.

Titans - Living near Tampa I watched them vs the Bucs. Chris Johnson looked real sharp. Defensively they looked decent too. The obvious weakness of this team is at QB. Jake Locker looked pretty bad and Hasselback didn't look much better vs the Bucs scrubs. Because of this the Titans could take a step back this season from 9-7.
I believe this discussion was brought up a while ago.

Everyone kept talking about the titans and I said I wouldn't be surprised if the colts were better and the jags were about as good.

I definitely remember talking about the colts and luck.

Freeney and Mathis are still there and will be bringing pressure. They added some pieces defensively.

And luck is going to be good. Will likely have some tough moments, but overall I think he'll be fine. With those two te's and Reggie Wayne I think he has some good weapons.

We should beat all these teams, but I wouldn't be surprised if this division was not a cake walk.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012   #26
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Well, we won one more game than the awful Titans last year.
The Texans wrapped up the AFC South with 3 weeks to go in the season, then coasted into the playoffs. Like a lot of football scores, this wasn't as close as it appeared.
Old 08-22-2012   #27
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The Texans wrapped up the AFC South with 3 weeks to go in the season, then coasted into the playoffs. Like a lot of football scores, this wasn't as close as it appeared.
Neither was the Ravens game.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012   #28
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Neither was the Ravens game.
How do you figure that? It's not as if the Texans had a late 4th quarter score to cut the lead to 7. The Texans led in total yards and kept it to a one score game from the 2nd quarter on.
Old 08-24-2012   #29
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

every year i think our divison will be tought u just goota set the tone tho whatever the colts did to win it like 8 years thats what we gotta do
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #30
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
My two favorite teams in the NFC to follow are the 49ers and the Seahawks. Seahawks just 'cause I got lots of relatives in that part of the country, and the 49ers because I just like them. I'm glad the 49ers are doing well myself, but will root against them every time if they get anywhere near the Texans. It always does my heart good to see old replay playoff games where the 49ers beat the Cowgirls.
I grew up an Oilers and Bucs fan. I also started rooting for the Giants later after having lived up there and being a rival of the Cowboys. That all being said I was always an Oilers now Texans fan first. The only time that I would root for either over the Texans is if the Texans were out of the playoff picture and one needed the win to make the playoffs. Other than that I root for the Texans.

Now that my new local team is the Bucs and I grew up rooting for them as my 2nd favorite team I will be following them more strongly and probably less so the Giants. I can only really follow 2 teams (1 AFC and 1 NFC). Actually I am going to Raymond James for the first time ever tonight.

With all of that said I would not like my 2 favorite teams in the same Super Bowl. I don't even like when they play in the regular season. It's much more fun when the team you are rooting for are playing a team you don't like.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #31
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Titans return game just got a lot less intimidating. Not dancing over Mariani's injury, just pointing out the obvious. The division looks easy, the division looks tough.... wait, no easy..... err, tough....wait...

It's going to change plenty over the cours of the year.

Ouch..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MR_VCGeYG
Old 08-24-2012   #32
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Lightbulb Re: AFC South .. that cake looks to be turning to mud

Division games are not going to be easy as some may think. We still have yet to win in Indy...0 for 10 so far. You can say we should go 6-0 in the division.....well its easier said than done. You also have a big target on your backs this year. Your going to get the best from every team.....no matter if they are a good team or bad team. Your the hunted now. Some teams are going to consider beating us as winning the superbowl...I can guarantee that.
I never consider the division cakewalk....maybe sporttalk fans did.....I did not....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #33
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
Division games are not going to be easy as some may think. We still have yet to win in Indy...0 for 10 so far. You can say we should go 6-0 in the division.....well its easier said than done. You also have a big target on your backs this year. Your going to get the best from every team.....no matter if they are a good team or bad team. Your the hunted now. Some teams are going to consider beating us as winning the superbowl...I can guarantee that.
I never consider the division cakewalk....maybe sporttalk fans did.....I did not....
yes just like we treated each divison game in the past like there is no tommarow the other 3 teams will do the same

every year our divison will be like WW3 no matter how good or bad the teams are
Old 09-11-2012   #34
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

After week one, all is as it should be in AFC South land...
Old 09-11-2012   #35
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post

Yep, after week one it's look like we're back to cake again.
Old 09-14-2012   #36
Norg
Hall of Fame

we will find out this week i cant wait
Old 09-14-2012   #37
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76298 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Once figured to be a cake walk (for the Texans) it's starting to look more like a walk through mud. This division is going to be more difficult than originally thought by most.

Colts - Sure Luck is a rookie but he already looks better than many NFL starters. The way he bounced back vs the Steelers spoke volumes. The Colts as a team look much stronger in general and could surprise everyone this season. I think the Texans are going to have their hands full with this team. Heck they lost to them last season with Dan Orlovsky at the helm.

Jags - Another team looking much improved in the preseason. I didn't think Gabbert would ever pan out however I could be wrong. Sure it's preseason so I don't look at wins and losses but the Jags have looked pretty good when their starters have played. They are putting up points so far. I can see the Texans dropping 1 of 2 to these guys this season.

Titans - Living near Tampa I watched them vs the Bucs. Chris Johnson looked real sharp. Defensively they looked decent too. The obvious weakness of this team is at QB. Jake Locker looked pretty bad and Hasselback didn't look much better vs the Bucs scrubs. Because of this the Titans could take a step back this season from 9-7.
Still looks like a cake-walk from where I sit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Yep, after week one it's look like we're back to cake again.
Yep.
Old 09-14-2012   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Still looks like a cake-walk from where I sit.

Yep.

Yep.
I'm changing my outlook from mud to cake..... CJ2ypc, Locker, Luck, Gabbert...

If we are what they are saying we are, we had better dominate our division.
Old 09-14-2012   #39
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I'm changing my outlook from mud to cake..... CJ2ypc, Locker, Luck, Gabbert...

If we are what they are saying we are, we had better dominate our division.

No, no, no. It's not "Mud or Cake?". It's "Cake or Death?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNjcuZ-LiSY

Last edited by Hervoyel; 09-14-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012   #40
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we make that pie, the far superior dessert? I mean, who doesn't like mud pie, especially from Mississippi?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read