Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-16-2012   #61
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The improbable improvement of Kareem Jackson

Does anyone remember when Duane Brown was out there his first couple years and all the crap slung on message boards about him?

I do.

I don't care how "NFL ready" a guy is....there's some adjustment time and being surrounded by vets like he was last season can only help KJ improve.
Old 08-16-2012   #62
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
When you are trying to have a winning season, the first round pick needs to contribute immediately. Now we have a deeper team and can allow high picks like Posey to sit and learn. Two different scenarios. I truly believe Wade Phillips would not have selected KJ if he had been the DC. Guess we never will know.
Remember Mike Jenkins, Wade's #25th pick in 2008.
He started 3 games as the nickel back in his rookie year.

Here's what a Cowboy fan think of him in 2010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1VBcrpCAaI

LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012   #63
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...f-improvement/

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...2-da47776ae8ab

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2012/08/...son-improving/

Soooooooooo, it's being talked about but why do I smell smoke and have the feeling something is being blown up my butt? Is Jackson really improving? Have dogs and cats started living together in harmony? What's really going on denizens of texanstalk?

Also, what do we make of him now judged against his contemporaries who went near where he did in the draft of that year (Kyle Wilson, Devin McCourty)?
KJ has improved ten fold from his rookie year. Its a wonder what a good pash rush can do for your CB's.

Kyle Wilson still cannot over take the #2 CB spot from Cromartie, who is extremely over rated at his position.

McCourty is good.
Old 08-16-2012   #64
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Remember Mike Jenkins, Wade's #25th pick in 2008.
He started 3 games as the nickel back in his rookie year.

Here's what a Cowboy fan think of him in 2010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1VBcrpCAaI

LOL!
That was some funny stuff. That 'Boys fan was pissed!

MSR

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012   #65
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
I can't wait to witness the crow feast this year. I, like many others, have constantly said to have patience. Kareem's last 3 or so games last year, he looked very serviceable to almost above average. Seeing the first preseason game, I'd say he's still on track for continued improvement. I know many of you are man enough to own up to your Crow stew you've been brewing, and by the end of the season, you will be feasting on crow like the 2 weeks of turkey following Thanksgiving!
I hope you're right.

If you are, I would like my crow smothered in gravy please. LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012   #66
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
McCourty is good.
But he looked like crap in 2011. He is the only rookie corner I can think of that contributed as much to his team's success as a rookie in at least 10 years.

Guys like Patrick Peterson, & Joe Haden... both top 10 picks have struggled since joining the league.

There's no doubt in my mind if the 2010 defense looked like the 2011 defense (or even the 2009 defense) the perception of Kj would be much different around here.

We lost our DL pass rushing rotation before the first half of the first game, Bullman was done for the season in training camp, Barwin went down early game one. Cushing got pregnant, Demeco tore his Achilles when Cushing got back.

Kj is going to be fine, I have no doubt in that.

Hey, didn't Wade draft Ball??
Old 08-19-2012   #67
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Brandon Jacobs posted this on Twitter:

Brandon Jacobs ‏@gatorboy45

Big ups to Kareem Jackson from the Texans he is a classy guy, he came to the the X-ray room to wish me a speedy recovery.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #68
blitz90
jock strap

Rep Power: 176 blitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respected

Being afraid to lay a lick on a big back has never been a weakness of Jackson's.

Glad to see he went and checked on the big guy, stay classy Kareem.
blitz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #69
kingh99

Kareem Jackson suffered from poor coaching and poor scheme his first year. He's a very good CB now. Not great, but very good.
Old 08-19-2012   #70
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 82763 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post

Big ups to Kareem Jackson from the Texans he is a classy guy, he came to the the X-ray room to wish me a speedy recovery.
yeah he looked concerned on the sideline
Old 08-19-2012   #71
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5747 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

He's never been bad when the play is in front of him except for too much cushion. I think that was a result of being beat on the deeper routes and his inability to turn and find the ball. So far he appears to have improved a little on that bot he hasn't had a good QB pick on him yet.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #72
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Very nice of Jackson I hope his good play continues.
Old 08-19-2012   #73
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post

I like that KJ did that. thanks for posting.
Old 08-21-2012   #74
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1023 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought KJ was a very good cb last year and I expect he will be even better this year. In fact do not be shocked if he makes pro bowl.
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012   #75
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 103549 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417Texan View Post
I thought KJ was a very good cb last year and I expect he will be even better this year. In fact do not be shocked if he makes pro bowl.
No, that would be shocking!

Lol
Old 08-21-2012   #76
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am shocked that you mentioned it.
Old 08-21-2012   #77
Quick II Draw
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Quick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quick II Draw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012   #78
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 1809 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now I like me some KJ but , "Come on Mann"!
Old 08-21-2012   #79
Cutblock
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Cutblock is a quality contributor and well respectedCutblock is a quality contributor and well respectedCutblock is a quality contributor and well respectedCutblock is a quality contributor and well respectedCutblock is a quality contributor and well respectedCutblock is a quality contributor and well respectedCutblock is a quality contributor and well respectedCutblock is a quality contributor and well respectedCutblock is a quality contributor and well respectedCutblock is a quality contributor and well respectedCutblock is a quality contributor and well respected

If KJ makes the Pro Bowl, even HE will be shocked.

I'm reserving judgement on him until I see whether he has learned to turn his head around on long routes.
Cutblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012   #80
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 82763 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

KJ has done better reseriving further judgment for reg season

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read