Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-19-2012   #1
Bullpenpride
Rookie

Default 20 Season Ticket Holders Traveling to the Denver Game

Just joined this site, and excited to post my first thread. We've got 20 Texans fans (mostly from Bull Pen Sec117) flying to Denver the Saturday before the game and looking to start creating an agenda.

Our seats are all in Sec 230 between rows 15-16

Looking for a place in Downtown Denver to get together and party because we are all staying downtown

Can anyone advise us of the tailgating to-dos in Denver?

Sat night recommendation????
Bullpenpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: 20 Season Ticket Holders Traveling to the Denver Game

Have you joined the Facebook group?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #3
Home team fan
Rookie

Rep Power: 4298 Home team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 20 Season Ticket Holders Traveling to the Denver Game

How much were the tickets. I've thought about going. Probably by myself cus I might use a buddy pass to get there. My mom works for the airlines. Cheap way to fly. Oh yeah, what date y'all going?
Home team fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012   #4
Sway
Veteran

Rep Power: 183 Sway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respected

we're going with some old neighbors who want to see payton- we'll be in sec. 121 if memory serves correctly- it'd be great to have a decent Texan representation in the crowd!
Sway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #5
Bullpenpride
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Have you joined the Facebook group?
I've tried to find the group but havent had anyluck with the link. You have a fresh link to try and join?
Old 08-24-2012   #6
Bullpenpride
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home team fan View Post
How much were the tickets. I've thought about going. Probably by myself cus I might use a buddy pass to get there. My mom works for the airlines. Cheap way to fly. Oh yeah, what date y'all going?
we've got a group on row #15 and a second group in #16 sec 230 and we paid $244 a ticket which was high but to get the tickets close together we had to do it. The last couple of our folks got tickets for about $50 cheaper but in pairs only...
Old 08-24-2012   #7
Bullpenpride
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3x4NSBULL View Post
we are going to Denver. Its 8 of us. we want to meet Texans fans Saturday night and Sunday before the game.
I heard there was a Houston guy that was going to host a party in downtown Denver because he was from Houston... We are thinking about wearing Battle Red jerseys to be different from the Navy Denver home jerseys...
Sponsored links
Old 08-24-2012   #8
LEATHERHEAD
Veteran

Section: 123 C
Rep Power: 1017 LEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respected

LEATHERHEAD and Bronco Billy will be getting there Sat 7.30 am(denver)we need a bar or that party..keep in touch .sec115 row5 4 of us

Last edited by LEATHERHEAD; 08-24-2012 at 04:45 AM. Reason: forgot something
LEATHERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #9
texan0305
Veteran

Rep Power: 24 texan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famer

Yup can't wait for Denver Leatherhead!! Should be fun sitting with you guys!
texan0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #10
HOUFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 HOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden cover

This will be my first away game with 6 other Texans fans. 4 of us will be in section 112. It seems like there should be a good amount of Texans fans there. Can't wait!
HOUFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #11
mmnut66
Rookie

Section: Bullpen 117 5,6

Hey Bullpen Locos! We would love to join in with you all Sat. nite . We have tickets in sec.229 row 33 ....we chose the last row in that section so we can fly/showcase the Texans flag proudly!!
My brother which lives near Denver may know a downtown sports bar ( Lo Do/Coors field area) for all to gather.
Please keep us posted where we can meet and REPRESENT them Texans!
Mario 8323263238
mmnut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012   #12
HOUFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 HOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden cover

If there is going to be some type of meet-up for Texans fans saturday night, that would be awesome...please keep us updated.

Also, is anyone going to be tailgating for the game? Would be great to hang with more Texans fans before the game.
HOUFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012   #13
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

In 2 weeks ill be in Denver going for a whole week! Going with 8 ppl, can't wait.

Im sitting end zone, Sec 131 Row 15.

We're probably gonna go eat at http://www.jackngrill.com/ sometime Fri or Sat, I wanna try there 64oz margarita lol I should pro try it before the game though
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #14
mmnut66
Rookie

Section: Bullpen 117 5,6

Two places were recommended to us 1) the Sports Column sports bar near Coors field... great gathering place for saturday nite ..let us know we would love to join fellow TEXANS!
2) Buckhorn Exchange Steakhouse for those of you that enjoy exotic game eats.
mmnut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #15
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmnut66 View Post
Two places were recommended to us 1) the Sports Column sports bar near Coors field... great gathering place for saturday nite ..let us know we would love to join fellow TEXANS!
2) Buckhorn Exchange Steakhouse for those of you that enjoy exotic game eats.
I see you can do a group rsvp, set it up man. Maybe Sat night or Sunday before the game unless there is a closer bar by the stadium.
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012   #16
MickMcGeough
noob

I also couldn't find the FB page - can someone post a link?
MickMcGeough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #17
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

I'll be at the game as well in Section 230 Row 15 seats 1-4

My wife and I are going with another couple. We are going to check out the Oktoberfest going on close by Coors Field. All day party.

Not sure what's going on before the game on Sunday. Let me know if anyone has a tailgate plan.

Looking forward to getting another W.
Old 09-17-2012   #18
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMcGeough View Post
I also couldn't find the FB page - can someone post a link?
it is a closed group, you need to be friends with someone to join. Search on Katie Coughlen and send me a friend request. Promise I am the only one out there
Old 09-17-2012   #19
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Has anyone picked an easy to get to bar to meet at for Saturday night near downtown hotels? Finding a meetup place for Saturday night can be a lot of fun, especially if someone gets a cooperative bar.

Getting lots of questions about it.
Old 09-17-2012   #20
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: 20 Season Ticket Holders Traveling to the Denver Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Has anyone picked an easy to get to bar to meet at for Saturday night near downtown hotels? Finding a meetup place for Saturday night can be a lot of fun, especially if someone gets a cooperative bar.

Getting lots of questions about it.
Check Ellen's document in the FB group. She called a handful of places who said between college FB and the Rockies game, a lot of bars said 'we don't have any room for you.'

The place she posted in the document told her they would make room for Texans fans.

Here, I stopped being lazy:

Quote:
Saturday, 9/22/12

5:00 - ??? Bulls on Parade Meet-up

Falling Rock Tap House

1919 Blake Street, Denver, CO

(303) 293-8338 http://fallingrocktaphouse.com/

So far this is the only bar/restaurant that I have called that seems very welcoming. It is also the night of one of the last Colorado Rockies games. That game starts at 6, so the head bartender figured 5 would be a good time to claim prime bar real estate. They have an amazing selection of beers, pool tables and dart boards. Bring a piece of swag you won't miss if it vanishes (towel, pom pom, beads, etc.) - let's make this a Texans bar.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read