Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-17-2012   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Super Mario not so super so far

2 preseason games zero stats registered. I wonder if bills fans are worried.
srrono is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #2
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Mario not so super so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
No one should be worried about any proven player in preseason unless they're hurt.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #3
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's not start talking trash about Mario. He was a good player and would have been retained had he not been so elite. The guy will produce and has in the past. He is an excellent player. He chose to move on and be paid much higher than he would have been as a Texan. It was a mutually beneficial breakup.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Didn't we used to have these same preseason Mario threads (0-0-0)? Williams will put up numbers (if healthy). Numbers worth $100 million? That's another story.
Old 08-17-2012   #5
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 92750 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Didn't we used to have these same preseason Mario threads (0-0-0)? Williams will put up numbers (if healthy). Numbers worth $100 million? That's another story.
That's the issue. How many seasons was Mario totally healthy? I can think of maybe one.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #6
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

There are two certains with Mario:

1. He will produce.
2. He will get hurt somewhere along the way.

With all that said, no Bills fans shouldn't be worried because when the lights come on, he'll be there for them. Now when he gets hurt, then we can ask if Bills fans are worried.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
That's the issue. How many seasons was Mario totally healthy? I can think of maybe one.
Who in the NFL is totally healthy? 2007 and 2008 were his best seasons and he didn't have any debilitating injuries. Mario has been good for about 13 games and 9 sacks. I believe he would have put up excellent numbers in Wade's defense, but that's moot. Williams will be good in Buffalo. Maybe Pro Bowl good. But not as good as he could have been in Houston.
Old 08-17-2012   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

It's preseason, as in not real football.

I wish Mario good luck, as best as his interests don't conflict with our interests.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes bills fans should be worried but not because of the no stats stuff. He's no longer in wades defense and supposedly he's back up over 300 lbs. They paid him at a level where he needs to perform at an elite level consistently and I don't know if buffalo is the place for him to do that.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Agreed..... his only issue here, was staying healthy & I think that was a by-product of playing 90% of the snaps. He's a warrior & I'm sure the Bills will be pleased with him.

Until that $100M starts to affect their ability to keep other players. But since they were so far below the cap & have pretty much stayed away from "known" players, i shouldn't be a problem for a while.

I watched the game vs Washington, hadn't watched the most recent game. But as a fan, I would be pleased to see that he's working on his hand game. Not relying on the bull rush, or his speed.

When the games count, I'm sure you'll see him use more of what works & less experimenting/practicing.
Old 08-18-2012   #11
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

He's probably just taking off all the plays cause its preseason.
Old 08-18-2012   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I was watching the Bills play and he has been run right at several times...not impressive, but I think vets like him are just trying not to get hurt. It's cold up there in Buffalo soon! Good thing heaters only cost money.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #13
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

of course they should be worried if i got 80 mill gurantee i might conisder retiring from football go home and eat some ice cream LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012   #14
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

on a BTW i watched him in the bills / minny game man he did nothing LOL

why does he always do that rushes in a half circle around the QB behind him thats all he did he didnt even touch the QB with one finger LOL he didnt even get within 3 feet from him the hole game LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012   #15
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134946 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

He won't be a fat Albert hayneswoth, but if the bills fans are expecting reggie white they are in for a big disappointment. Mario was a good and too oft injured player for us. I think he'll be good for the bills but not 100 million good.
Old 08-21-2012   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

He's not Bruce Smith 2.0 and not even Bruce Smith lite.

Bills fans will be disappointed regardless of his performance because their expectations are too high and that $100 million price tag did nothing to help them be pragmatic about it.

My in-laws are from Buffalo and they just returned from a two week visit up there. They said Bills fans are expecting great things from Mario and anything less will be a huge disappointment. Hopefully the thick skin he developed here during the VY Sausage Fest is something he can use to handle the inevitable criticism up there.

I wish no ill will on the guy. Just calling it like I see it.
Old 08-22-2012   #17
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Agreed..... his only issue here, was staying healthy & I think that was a by-product of playing 90% of the snaps. He's a warrior & I'm sure the Bills will be pleased with him.

Until that $100M starts to affect their ability to keep other players. But since they were so far below the cap & have pretty much stayed away from "known" players, i shouldn't be a problem for a while.

I watched the game vs Washington, hadn't watched the most recent game. But as a fan, I would be pleased to see that he's working on his hand game. Not relying on the bull rush, or his speed.

When the games count, I'm sure you'll see him use more of what works & less experimenting/practicing.
Exactly. A lack of quality DE rotation left him on the field way too much, and unfortunately I think he's got Kearney behind him now which won't bode well to the rotation. Probably an even worse option if you think about it.

I have no ill feelings towards Mario, he was an okay player here overall, and chased the money while it was there for the taking. Any one of you would have done the same thing.

But I'd bet a wooden nickel Barwin out produces this year over what Mario does.
Old 08-22-2012   #18
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74351 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll revisit Mario Williams's performance after a few regular season game.
Old 09-09-2012   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 106570 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

this thread is interesting so get your ready

1 tackle against a guy that was undrafted in 2010 and on ravens practice squad in 2011 and signed by the Jets late in that season

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showt...nd-frustration

I wish the best for Mario and obviously I didn't watch their game. 100 million dollars sure is a lot

good thing 15 more games to go for him or the bills will be scratching their head
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #20
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

The fans are killing him on their message board....
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read