Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 08-17-2012   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Keeper Advice

I can keep 2, below are the ones worth considering and what I would give up for them:

2 - Julio Jones
4 - Vernon Davis
5 - Matt Forte (thinking heck no)
9 - Steve Smith
10 - Tony Gonzalez
12 - A.J. Green
15 - Andy Dalton
(last round is 15)

I have my thoughts but want to see what others thing.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keeper Advice

Can't we just have one thread for all trade/keeper/waiver questions, and another for "rate my team"?

Anyways, AJ Green in round 12 is a steal. Definite keeper.

I would be torn between Forte and Steve Smith. Forte is going to be a 3rd round pick at the latest this year, so getting him for a 5th is a steal too. Steve Smith though, had an awesome year, but the Panthers didn't really do anything to improve their offense this year. Also, he trended downward as the season went on and defense learned how to stop Cam.

I'd go with Forte and Green, two weekly starters for sure.
Old 08-17-2012   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Green and Forte.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Keeper Advice

Hmmm, much higher props than I thought for Forte.... He screwed me last season.... Felt like he played a lot fewer than 12 games...
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 08-17-2012   #5
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

A.J. Green and JulioJones hands down. No doubt in my mind. These two guys are the future Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson of the NFL.

Last edited by stingray; 08-17-2012 at 06:46 PM.
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #6
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Why do you have to give up a second rounder for Julio? Did you draft him in the second last year?
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #7
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Forte and Green.
Old 08-17-2012   #8
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Why do you have to give up a second rounder for Julio? Did you draft him in the second last year?
We do 2 rounds higher from where the player was drafted - so you can't keep the same guy year after year. For the scoring in my league, 2nd round if kind of high for a WR....
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 08-19-2012   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
We do 2 rounds higher from where the player was drafted - so you can't keep the same guy year after year. For the scoring in my league, 2nd round if kind of high for a WR....
It is high, especially on a team that has a #1 WR established. Julio should have a great year, probably 1000-1200 yards and 6-9 TDs, but that can be found in rounds 3-5 also, he just happens to be hyped up this year. I always go by the rule of never draft a WR in the first two rounds. WR is always a deep position, RB and QB are not, so I focus on those in the first two. TEs are a dime a dozen as well and can be gotten in the 5-7 rounds. Green in round 12 is just awesome, easily a 1000 yard guy in a pass-first offense. Great drafting there, but I honestly don't see him being that different from Julio. With one WR and RB spot filled, you can go after other starters early and make a great team.
Old 08-19-2012   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can keep 2, below are the ones worth considering and what I would give up for them:

2 - Julio Jones
4 - Vernon Davis
5 - Matt Forte (thinking heck no)
9 - Steve Smith
10 - Tony Gonzalez
12 - A.J. Green
15 - Andy Dalton
(last round is 15)

I have my thoughts but want to see what others thing.
I have no interest in FF but Julio Jones and Andy Dalton should have excellent seasons.
Old 08-19-2012   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Forte and Green.
Ditto. That's a no brainer, really.
Old 08-19-2012   #12
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

In our league, it looks like we aren't losing a pick for our one keeper. Instead, we get as many entries into the drawing for the #1 pick as the round number our keeper was chosen in.

So I'm trying to decide what to do. I could make Cam Newton my keeper and get like 15 entries for the #1 pick, but there is no guarantee. My other choice would be Ray Rice, but I'd only get 1 entry with him.

What say you? Should I go with Rice or Newton? Only other possible choices are MJD chosen in round 2, Jordy Nelson in round 13, or Darren McFadden chosen in round 3. Thoughts?
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012   #13
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Forte in the 5th >>>> Dalton in the 15th?
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 08-20-2012   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
In our league, it looks like we aren't losing a pick for our one keeper. Instead, we get as many entries into the drawing for the #1 pick as the round number our keeper was chosen in.

So I'm trying to decide what to do. I could make Cam Newton my keeper and get like 15 entries for the #1 pick, but there is no guarantee. My other choice would be Ray Rice, but I'd only get 1 entry with him.

What say you? Should I go with Rice or Newton? Only other possible choices are MJD chosen in round 2, Jordy Nelson in round 13, or Darren McFadden chosen in round 3. Thoughts?
So the incentive is the later round your keeper the higher the chance to get the #1 pick?

Does that ONLY affect the #1 pick or the entire draft order?

Depending on how your league scores I would take Rice or MJD over a QB or WR.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Last edited by Yankee_In_TX; 08-20-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-20-2012   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Forte in the 5th >>>> Dalton in the 15th?
Yes, starters always trump backups. You can get a better QB in the 4th with Peyton, Schaub or Eli.
Old 08-20-2012   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The nice thing about keeping Dalton in the 15th is that next year you can have him in the 13th, then the 11th, etc. You can keep him long term.
Forte in the 5th means he is a 3rd next year and then a 1st the year after. Then he cant be kept, right?

So how long term are you thinking here?
Old 08-20-2012   #17
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
So the incentive is the later round your keeper the higher the chance to get the #1 pick?

Does that ONLY affect the #1 pick of the entire draft order?

Depending on how your league scores I would take Rice or MJD over a QB or WR.
Yeah I don't understand this method of drafting at all Cody. Are you saying you can Keep Ray Rice and still get a first round pick?? If so, do that. Rice is a top 3 pick IMO and worth it regardless of what pick you get in the first.
Old 08-20-2012   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
The nice thing about keeping Dalton in the 15th is that next year you can have him in the 13th, then the 11th, etc. You can keep him long term.
Forte in the 5th means he is a 3rd next year and then a 1st the year after. Then he cant be kept, right?

So how long term are you thinking here?
I don't know, I may be on notice. I think this is year 8 and my name is not on the trophy. I may fire me if this year doesn't go well. Even my wife is on the trophy.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 08-20-2012   #19
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yeah I don't understand this method of drafting at all Cody. Are you saying you can Keep Ray Rice and still get a first round pick?? If so, do that. Rice is a top 3 pick IMO and worth it regardless of what pick you get in the first.
^^^^^
what he said

(though I would consider MJD depending on his contract situation at the time of your draft)
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 08-23-2012   #20
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Looking at stats, Dalton didn't do well last year and is not projected to do well this year, maybe 20-25th overall QB.

Forte is projected to be 4 or 5th overall RB.... I'm keeping Forte.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read