Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-14-2012   #221
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134080 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Plaxico Burress Rumored to be Considered by Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
In this case, yes.

Edit (my apologies... I over-explained; this is the bottom line)

...neither of us want to see P.B. in a Texans' uni. We just have different reasons. I think he's trouble. You think - and I agree - we should develop the youngsters and make better use of A.J. in the redzone.
What has Plex done since coming out of jail to suggest that he is trouble?? Please explain.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012   #222
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd sign him quick. The gun deal is not a big deal in texas since we can have a permit to carry ..lol He has two felony possessions for the firearm in NYC so as a felon he won't be carrying anyway.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012   #223
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 19952 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

This is all mental HJ's guys. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. /endthread
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012   #224
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Alan Burge ‏@AlanBurge
Quote:
No, the Texans don't need to sign Ocho or Plaxico
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013   #225
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Let me know when Plax finally signs with an NFL football team and then we will revisit this at the end of the year.
Remember this goofy debate?

Plaxico: 3 receptions, 7 targets, 42 yards and 1 TD.

Walter: 41 receptions, 68 targets, 518 yards and 1 TD.

Walter more effective than Plaxico? How crazy of a prediction.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013   #226
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Remember this goofy debate?

Plaxico: 3 receptions, 7 targets, 42 yards and 1 TD.

Walter: 41 receptions, 68 targets, 518 yards and 1 TD.

Walter more effective than Plaxico? How crazy of a prediction.
Don't mean to pick a nit, but Walter did have 2 TDs this year. Don't know why anyone would really compare stats between the 2 this year. Plax was only active for 4 games this year, and when he was he was barely on the field. He's done as a player I believe where Walter will at least find a role as a 3rd or 4th receiver somewhere in the league most likely.

I don't want either player seeing significant snaps as a Texan in 2013.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013   #227
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
... Walter will at least find a role as a 3rd or 4th receiver somewhere in the league most likely.
Without the Texans, I don't think Walter is playing in the NFL. I can't see him as an upgrade over anyone unless he is put in as a smallish TE.
Old 03-03-2013   #228
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Don't mean to pick a nit, but Walter did have 2 TDs this year. Don't know why anyone would really compare stats between the 2 this year. Plax was only active for 4 games this year, and when he was he was barely on the field. He's done as a player I believe where Walter will at least find a role as a 3rd or 4th receiver somewhere in the league most likely.

I don't want either player seeing significant snaps as a Texan in 2013.
Being active is part of being a football player, nobody picked him up until late November. The point was that Walter was more effective. I, and others, took alot of heat for formulating that prediction before the season.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013   #229
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Without the Texans, I don't think Walter is playing in the NFL. I can't see him as an upgrade over anyone unless he is put in as a smallish TE.
Very possible, but I still think Walter can play a role as a 3rd or 4th receiver in limited snaps. Just my opinion on that one. I'm not as down on him as some others, but I've wanted to replace him as our second option going on 3 years now. I highly doubt he'll be a Texan when we start training camp.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013   #230
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Why not go after Cribbs?

We could use a new return man.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013   #231
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Why not go after Cribbs?

My thoughts exactly!

Ever see him run a reverse also?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013   #232
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why not go after Cribbs?

I think that's a fine idea but (1) how much would he cost us and (2) is the Browns' braintrust really goofy enough to let him walk??
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013   #233
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why not go after Cribbs?

Do some still believe that it's the return man that is the problem???
Jacoby leaves= All Pro returner
Trindon Holliday leaves= breaks multiple returns for TD's

At some point it's no longer the players & just may be the coach IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I think that's a fine idea but (1) how much would he cost us and (2) is the Browns' braintrust really goofy enough to let him walk??
1. Like most players he will probably believe he is worth more then he actually is worth. Especially since he is a returner & so-called wr. The latter description being used very loosely regarding him because he has yet to do anything really worth noting as a wr.

2. If they let Cribbs walk because of his asking price & lack of production at wr then I would believe the Brown's might have finally wised up some. After all, they have 2 young talented wr's in Greg Little & J. Gordon. No need for a high dollar return man.

Needless to say...I would pass on Cribbs the returner because he has yet to prove anything as a wr on a team that at 1 point was desperate for any type of playmaker on offense & he still couldn't produce.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013   #234
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Do we really want a player who is only a returner when we have holes and the past two seasons, depth issues? That's taking up a valuable roster slot for a guy who can only return because what he has shown as a receiver leaves much to be desired.

As for Burress, honestly I'm not interested even if I think Walter needs to be replaced. I just see little point in replacing a possession receiver with another possession receiver pass his prime. He isn't going to go out and be that playmaker we need at that spot. This team lacks speed and that really needs to change. Burress wouldn't be the one to do that nor do anything really different at that spot than Walter. Having someone other than AJ that can stretch the field would help loosen coverage underneath as well. We got a glimpse of it with Posey.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013   #235
bobbeaux
Rookie

Rep Power: 596 bobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respected

i wish the texans would pickup cb's instead of wr's that are kick returners . . . they'd have a better chance staying on the team . . .
bobbeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013   #236
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

i don't like it..we need a guy that can stretch the field & take the top off the defense..he's not that and hasn't been that guy for some time, if ever.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013   #237
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
i don't like it..we need a guy that can stretch the field & take the top off the defense..he's not that and hasn't been that guy for some time, if ever.
"Stretching the field" has two components. (1) WRs with speed who can catch and (2) a QB with sufficient arm to throw the really deep ball. Does no good to load up on speedy WRs if the QB has a 40-45 yd arm strength limit. Some would argue that Schaub doesn't have the arm strength to make safeties back up deep.

Cribbs has the ability to make guys miss when he catches quick slants and medium range passes.

Regarding why he didn't do that in Cleveland, who were his QBs? Charlie Frye, Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn, Colt McCoy?

Now, having said all that, I'm not in favor of going back into salary cap hell for any one guy. So if the Browns can't find money to keep him, he'll probably be to costly for us too.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013   #238
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

Burn this thread with fire!

Reading P.Burress, and Texans is a heart attack waiting to happen.
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read