Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-13-2012   #1
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3606 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected
Default As a Newbie to the Texans (not to

As a Newbie to the Texans (not to mention a Brit lol).....

Is Houston a friendly place for outsiders ?
If I can make it to a game what's the best area to get tickets..... Whats tailgates like etc?
Best 3 players (in your opinion)

Thanks
LondonTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012   #2
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9716 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: As a Newbie to the Texans (not to

The city in general is very accommodating, and you'd be hard pressed to find a friendlier place to attend a football game and tailgate! While I haven't actually got to hang out with them yet, I've heard nothing but good things about the Blue Crew that hangs out here on the forums (they are actually in platinum). Also, Raging Bull always does a great job. As far as ticket availability, it's going to depend on the game. If we're playing a scrub team the tickets will be easier to come by and will be cheaper. If we're playing a marquee type (Packers, Ravens, etc.) they will be in short supply and pretty expensive.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonTex View Post

Absolutely

Unless you're from Dallas.
Old 08-13-2012   #4
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3606 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks guys that's good to know! I've met quite a few Southerners over the years and they're always super friendly. One guy in particular is from Texas (cowgirls fan) but again always helpful and really personable. My wife has a bit of a thing for cowboys (and I don't mean the team) lol
Old 08-14-2012   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thanks
Arian Foster, Andre Johnson and Brian Cushing
Old 08-14-2012   #6
Redbluebull
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Without a doubt the best three!
Old 08-14-2012   #7
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbluebull View Post
Duane Brown and Jonathon Joseph are in that conversation.

Welcome to Houston, Brit!!
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-14-2012   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If I can make it to a game what's the best area to get tickets..... Whats tailgates like etc?

Thanks
Houston is the greatest big city with a large "small town" mentality....... EVER!!!!

Houston is the 4th largest city in 'Merica" and yet still super friendly. We actually say "hello" to people on the streets. We actually thank -or- wave when someone lets us in traffic.. It's town where I grew up in and many of my friends are not from here. It's a diverse town that I am very proud of!!!
Old 08-14-2012   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thanks
Just wanted to say hello & hope you have a great time when you come.
Old 08-14-2012   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post

The 3rd spot is really tough with Watt, Brown, JoJo, and Myers all having an argument. Cushing's sweet arms and ability to run the wildcat like a mug give him the edge in my mind.

Edit: Schaub too. Best QB in franchise history (the lowest of bars).
Old 08-15-2012   #11
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbluebull View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post

Thanks guys....I hope to get Foster in my rookie FF year but I can but only hope lol
Old 08-15-2012   #12
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Houston is the greatest big city with a large "small town" mentality....... EVER!!!!

Houston is the 4th largest city in 'Merica" and yet still super friendly. We actually say "hello" to people on the streets. We actually thank -or- wave when someone lets us in traffic.. It's town where I grew up in and many of my friends are not from here. It's a diverse town that I am very proud of!!!
Sounds like the sorta place I'd LOVE. London used to be a lot more friendly than it is nowadays.....and manners cost nothing...So when I hear there are still friendly places in terms of the bigger cities it makes me glad!
Old 08-15-2012   #13
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Just wanted to say hello & hope you have a great time when you come.
Thanks friend....Great Sig...I too smile!
Old 08-15-2012   #14
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Quote:
The 3rd spot is really tough with Watt, Brown, JoJo, and Myers all having an argument. Cushing's sweet arms and ability to run the wildcat like a mug give him the edge in my mind.

Edit: Schaub too. Best QB in franchise history (the lowest of bars).
I'm still unfamiliar with some terms but just to clarify..is wildcat the formation Denver used with Tebow....sounds familiar
Old 08-15-2012   #15
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm still unfamiliar with some terms but just to clarify..is wildcat the formation Denver used with Tebow....sounds familiar
Inside joke. Watch this video (over and over) to understand

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...-Brian-Cushing
Old 08-15-2012   #16
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Inside joke. Watch this video (over and over) to understand

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...-Brian-Cushing
I'm really going to miss Ryans. Saw him in the video. He was a true Houston Texan.

Old 08-15-2012   #17
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I'm really going to miss Ryans. Saw him in the video. He was a true Houston Texan.

I loved the way he ignored Cush in that video.

I will miss him too, it was hard in training camp to see someone else wearing 59.
Old 08-15-2012   #18
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9716 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I loved the way he ignored Cush in that video.

I will miss him too, it was hard in training camp to see someone else wearing 59.
Mercilus will make it less hard, I have a good feeling about that.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012   #19
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post

I agree! I still think we will be sorry for letting him go. TIme will tell.

Back to topic! Welcome Newbie!! We have several British fans that frequent the board, esp during the season. I bet they'll show up pretty soon. Most of all, just have fun, and don't let the sarcastic posters run ya off.

Hope ya get to come to Houston to attend a game, cause I'll be the first to say, I hope and pray to the football gawds above that we NEVER play a game in London! No offense to you or any of our other fans in Europe, just selfishness on my part. It'll be one less game I'll get to see in person, cause it's doubtful I'd be able to make a trip across the "big pond!" SOOOOOO, you just come to us, we'll take care of you!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012   #20
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I agree! I still think we will be sorry for letting him go. TIme will tell.

Back to topic! Welcome Newbie!! We have several British fans that frequent the board, esp during the season. I bet they'll show up pretty soon. Most of all, just have fun, and don't let the sarcastic posters run ya off.

Hope ya get to come to Houston to attend a game, cause I'll be the first to say, I hope and pray to the football gawds above that we NEVER play a game in London! No offense to you or any of our other fans in Europe, just selfishness on my part. It'll be one less game I'll get to see in person, cause it's doubtful I'd be able to make a trip across the "big pond!" SOOOOOO, you just come to us, we'll take care of you!!
Hehe thanks for the warm welcome - I do hope to come visit sometime... It'd be an awesome experience for me. No offence taken btw, I totally understand where you're coming from. I wouldn't want the Texans to lose a home game but wouldn't mind at all if they were the road team once or so.... Let's say Seattle or San Diego decide to give up a home game sometime and Texans are asked if they want to be the road team as they happen to be playing them that particular season. Having said all that I'd much rather see them in Houston and if they never make it over here it won't change the fact that they are now the team I'll loyally root for!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read