Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2012   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Eli Manning: I知 not better than Peyton ..

Quote:
It would have been inconceivable early in Eli Manning痴 career that anyone would suggest he was a better quarterback than his older brother. But now that Eli has won his second Super Bowl MVP award, he acknowledges that people sometimes tell him he痴 better than Peyton.

的 correct them very quickly, Eli told Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports.

In a wide-ranging interview with Cole, Eli talks about the sibling rivalry that he has never allowed to be a rivalry at all, saying that he has never considered himself better than Peyton and never been motivated by a desire to outdo the brother who was a high school star before him, a college star before him, a No. 1 draft pick before him, a Pro Bowler before him and a Super Bowl MVP before him.

的致e never tried to compete with Peyton, Eli said. 的 never tried to say I need to be better than him. I致e accepted at times that I wasn稚 maybe as good as him because he was the No. 1 high school player in the country. In college, he was going to be the first pick in the draft, so if I tried to go out there and be the same person and be better than him or the same person as him, I知 going to drive myself crazy. I知 going to go out and be the best quarterback I can be and get the most out of my potential. If that痴 better than him, great. If it痴 not, so be it.
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d8cC4?u...m_campaign=nfl

How can you not like this guy? Mechanically Peyton is the better QB. Peyton is a machine on Sundays. However Peyton tends to get emotional and if there is a flaw in his game it would be that. Eli doesn't and that is probably why he is more clutch and just a winner. He is also doing it in NYC where the media pressure is off the charts. Come playoff time I am taking Eli over Peyton every time.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read