Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-10-2012   #41
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC South Blog: Texans Depth Chart 8/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Here's my early roster prediction:

QB: Schaub, Yates, Keenum

RB: Foster, Tate, Grimes
I like your QB prediction.

But I think the RBs will be Foster, Yates and Forsett. While I have no "emotional" stake in the RBs and don't care, as long as the third one is good, I do have a lot of hope in Case making the team. I'm really pulling for the U of H QB to do well on the Texans.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012   #42
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I like your QB prediction.

But I think the RBs will be Foster, Yates and Forsett. While I have no "emotional" stake in the RBs and don't care, as long as the third one is good, I do have a lot of hope in Case making the team. I'm really pulling for the U of H QB to do well on the Texans.
Poor TJ.
Old 08-10-2012   #43
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Poor TJ.
Oops. Damn typos.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012   #44
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Poor TJ.
Damn, you beat me to it...
Old 08-12-2012   #45
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I think your RB trio is off. Forsett will be the 3rd RB. Grimes to the PS.

1. Forsett is not PS eligible.

2. Grimes is.

3. Teams are not going to poach Grimes, so it's a win-win to make him a PS guy and keep the more veteran Forsett (who is impressing in camp thus far).

You've got Smith beating out Norris as our FB, with what I assume is Casey in a TE role but yet Casey obviously could handle FB duties if needed during a game. I agree with that, but yet I wonder if it's a bit early to vault Smith ahead of Norris right now. Depth chart right now says so, but still...I'm unsure of that.

In an opposite move, depth chart wise, you've got Brandon Harris moving up past a few guys to where he is no longer 4th string at LCB but is actually making the 53 man roster. Where is Alan Ball on your roster? He's not there. I think they're going to push the issue and make Ball the new Jason Allen this year whether he is really competent or not...which I fear is the case and I'm not ready for that right now! I'd prefer Harris, but that depth chart has him listed as the worst CB on the field right now. I'm troubled by that, unless he's being chided a bit for motivational reasons (attitude problems? Inconsistency across the board in all aspects? I dunno. But he's dead last, man).

Everything else, I think I agree with. Even your LB choices seem right. No Sharpton and instead you've got Loiseau in there. I like it.
I think I'll mostly stand by my roster predictions after the first game. I'd probably take louiseau off the roster and add in dobbins.

I think fangupo will impress when/if he plays so I'll leave him there. FB could go either way IMO.

And I still like grimes over Forsett and I disagree that ps eligibility has anything to do with that decision. You keep the better player. Period.

I'll stick with my cb's too. But I think the last spot comes down to mcmannis vs Carmichael IMO.

Gonna keep case on the roster because I feel more comfortable with him. Can't explain it, but I just don't trust beck.

He looks out of rhythm to me. Looks like he's playing at a different speed than everyone else on offense which is a bad thing.

I'm not sure about those reserve oline spots either past the two rooks and newton.

But yeah, my roster is going to remain fluid. I'll probably draw up another one sometime this week based on what I liked/saw in the game.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #46
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I think this will be our 53 man roster:

Code:
WR1 	-	Andre Johnson	-	Keshawn Martin	-	Lestar Jean

LT 	-	Duane Brown	-	Andrew Gardner	-	

LG 	-	Wade Smith	-	Kasey Studdard	-	

C 	-	Chris Myers	-	Ben Jones	-	

RG 	-	Antoine Caldwell	-	Brandon Brooks	-	

RT	-	Rashad Butler	-	Derek Newton	-	

TE	-	Owen Daniels	-	Garrett Graham	-	Logan Brock

WR2	-	Kevin Walter	-	DeVier Posey	-	Bryant Johnson

QB 	-	Matt Schaub	-	T.J. Yates	-	John Beck

RB 	-	Arian Foster	-	Ben Tate	-	Justin Forsett

FB	-	James Casey		

DE 	-	J.J. Watt	-	Tim Jamison		

DT	-	Shaun Cody	-	Earl Mitchell		

DE 	-	Antonio Smith	-	Jared Crick		

SLB 	-	Brooks Reed	-	Bryan Braman	-	Jesse Nading

ILB 	-	Brian Cushing	-	Mister Alexander	

ILB 	-	Bradie James	-	Tim Dobbins	-	

WLB 	-	Connor Barwin	-	Whitney Mercilus		

LCB	-	Kareem Jackson	-	Sherrick McManis	- Brandon Harris

RCB	-	Johnathan Joseph	-	Brice McCain	

SS 	-	Danieal Manning	-	Quintin Demps

FS 	-	Glover Quin	-	Troy Nolan	

LS	-	Jon Weeks		

K 	-	Randy Bullock		

P 	-	Dahnte Jones
Only 3 TEs due to Casey, 6 WRs, lots of LBs, and Beck gets the nod over Keenum because Case can go on the Psquad.

Code:
Practice squad
1	QB	Case Keenum
2	SS	Shiloh Keo
3	WR	Jeff Maehl
4	RB	Jonathan Grimes
5	CB	Roc Carmichael
6	OT	Nick Mondek
7	OG	Thomas Austin
8	DT	Ra'Shon Harris
So despite the nice returns, you're saying Trindon gets the axe...?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #47
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102920 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
And I still like grimes over Forsett and I disagree that ps eligibility has anything to do with that decision. You keep the better player. Period.
Ofcourse you keep the best player if its clear cut, but the closer the talent margin the more other things come into play. Salary, health, practice squad eligibility, etc. Forsett cant be hidden...Grimes can probably be stashed away at this point. You can make some of the same arguments regarding the #3 qb position. As fans we are blinded by talent alone. For teams theres more to personnel decisions.

Simple question,

Who do you think is the more talented player, eric winston or butler?
powda is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read