Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2012   #321
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235719 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official 2012 Training Camp Thread

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012   #322
KMG 365
Veteran

Rep Power: 1251 KMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respected

Keyaron Fox suffered a knee injury during practice this morning. Kubiak doesn't know the extent of the injury yet. Fingers crossed it isn't as bad as it could be.

With Sharpton on PUP that thins out the ILB position even more.

This will give Shawn Loiseau a golden opportunity to show his talents. Better take advantage of it kid.
KMG 365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012   #323
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Overcoming injuries is very important the Giants had several last year.
Old 08-08-2012   #324
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Saturday is so very close now!!!!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012   #325
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Saturday is so very close now!!!!
Stop getting my hopes up!
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012   #326
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Who is the other coach in this pic, always seems to be near Kubiak and kinda runs practice.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012   #327
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Stop getting my hopes up!
Smooth sailing after this hump day is over.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012   #328
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50843 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG 365 View Post
Keyaron Fox suffered a knee injury during practice this morning. Kubiak doesn't know the extent of the injury yet. Fingers crossed it isn't as bad as it could be.

With Sharpton on PUP that thins out the ILB position even more.

This will give Shawn Loiseau a golden opportunity to show his talents. Better take advantage of it kid.
He was going against 3's, but Louiseau was playing his ass off on the day I was there, shedding blockers and meeting the ball carrier at the LOS or behind it. Then he got blown up by the right guard and slipped on one play so I bit my tongue. I really liked his football IQ though, seems very fluid and natural instinct to get to the ball.
Old 08-09-2012   #329
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

LINK TO FULL STORY HERE.

Quote:
Today was the last practice before the Texans’ first preseason game, and the Texans prepared by running plays from the Carolina offense.

1. Along with the other players who have been injured throughout the week, Shaun Cody, Owen Daniels, and Randy Bullock did not practice.

2. Brian Cushing did not report to practice today after spending time in the hospital with an illness. Cushing has been released, and he is expected to play in the preseason opener against Carolina.
and...

Quote:
4. Dropped passes were a big problem at camp today. Rookie Tight End Logan Brock had the most difficulty, and Gary Kubiak got particularly frustrated with wide receiver Juaquin Iglesias after he missed an easy catch during seven-on-sevens.

5. The defense got off to a shaky start with several blown coverages, but tightened up towards the end of practice.
I left out numbers 3 and 6 from the list of observations, so you need to click the link to see those two notes on how the RBs looked and the situation at LB.
Old 08-09-2012   #330
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
LINK TO FULL STORY HERE.

and...

I left out numbers 3 and 6 from the list of observations, so you need to click the link to see those two notes on how the RBs looked and the situation at LB.
#3 mentions Jonathan Grimes. Everything I'm hearing about him says he's doing good so far. So is Forsett. Is there a possibility with Houston keeping four RB's this year?
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012   #331
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
#3 mentions Jonathan Grimes. Everything I'm hearing about him says he's doing good so far. So is Forsett. Is there a possibility with Houston keeping four RB's this year?
My immediate gut instinct says Grimes to the PS.

I don't see Kubiak doing away with precedent, and the precedent has been that the Texans carry 3 RBs. Well, that might not be true. I seem to remember back in the Ahman Green or Ron Dayne era here that we ended up having only two RBs on a game day roster for some reason, and they both got dinged up and one of them is out there hobbling around because there was nobody else left to pull RB duty.

Maybe I'm wrong though. I know that one time last year, Foster was banged up and Ward got banged up (a blow to the head or something), and I think Ben Tate or Chris O. ended up being the only RB we had for the rest of a game. IIRC.

But I don't see us carrying more than 3 RBs, and IIRC the only guy out of the four RBs who is PS eligible is Grimes. And frankly, teams tend to not poach other teams' 53-man cutdown guys...so a guy like Grimes (who is raw in terms of NFL experience, just like other teams' version of Grimes right now) will likely pass waivers and hit our PS squad where he can be called up if any of our starting three RBs get banged up on a Sunday in the reg season.

I think Case Keenum, if he has a decent preseason and looks like Chase Daniel did for the Saints a few years back, will be poached off waivers if we try to get Case to the PS. But Grimes? I think he is a PS guy all the way, IMO.
Old 08-09-2012   #332
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think Case Keenum, if he has a decent preseason and looks like Chase Daniel did for the Saints a few years back, will be poached off waivers if we try to get Case to the PS. But Grimes? I think he is a PS guy all the way, IMO.
Daniel wasn't actually poached off waivers. Nobody claimed him when the Redskins let him go in their final cut. He went to the Saints PS after going unclaimed (Although I believe he did choose them over the same offer from the Redskins).

He spent the first three weeks of the '09 season on the Saints practice squad, got promoted to the 53 man roster for about two weeks, and then bounced back and forth between the PS and the 53 man roster a couple of times before landing on the 53 man roster for good prior to the Saints last regular season game in 2009 (technically, Jan. 2010). He actually ended up getting waived three times during the '09 season (Once by Washington and twice by New Orleans), and cleared waivers all three times.

I may end up being wrong, but unless Case looks incredible, I just have a difficult time seeing his stock rise that much between the draft and the end of preseason.
Old 08-09-2012   #333
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Daniel wasn't actually poached off waivers. Nobody claimed him when the Redskins let him go in their final cut. He went to the Saints PS after going unclaimed (Although I believe he did choose them over the same offer from the Redskins).

He spent the first three weeks of the '09 season on the Saints practice squad, got promoted to the 53 man roster for about two weeks, and then bounced back and forth between the PS and the 53 man roster a couple of times before landing on the 53 man roster for good prior to the Saints last regular season game in 2009 (technically, Jan. 2010). He actually ended up getting waived three times during the '09 season (Once by Washington and twice by New Orleans), and cleared waives all three times.

I may end up being wrong, but unless Case looks incredible, I just have a difficult time seeing his stock rise that much between the draft and the end of preseason.
Wow! Here I had thought that he was drafted by Saints, and that they kept him on active 53 rather than send him to PS!!!

My bad. Good catch!
Old 08-09-2012   #334
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow! Here I had thought that he was drafted by Saints, and that they kept him on active 53 rather than send him to PS!!!

My bad. Good catch!
Not drafted by anyone - signed as a UDFA with the Redskins.
Old 08-09-2012   #335
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My immediate gut instinct says Grimes to the PS.

I don't see Kubiak doing away with precedent, and the precedent has been that the Texans carry 3 RBs. Well, that might not be true. I seem to remember back in the Ahman Green or Ron Dayne era here that we ended up having only two RBs on a game day roster for some reason, and they both got dinged up and one of them is out there hobbling around because there was nobody else left to pull RB duty.

Maybe I'm wrong though. I know that one time last year, Foster was banged up and Ward got banged up (a blow to the head or something), and I think Ben Tate or Chris O. ended up being the only RB we had for the rest of a game. IIRC.

But I don't see us carrying more than 3 RBs, and IIRC the only guy out of the four RBs who is PS eligible is Grimes. And frankly, teams tend to not poach other teams' 53-man cutdown guys...so a guy like Grimes (who is raw in terms of NFL experience, just like other teams' version of Grimes right now) will likely pass waivers and hit our PS squad where he can be called up if any of our starting three RBs get banged up on a Sunday in the reg season.

Fair enough. I just like the benefit of keeping Grimes over a #6 WR (namely Bryant Johnson), and I think it could end-up being costly risking Grimes to the PS down the line.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012   #336
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I think the only way we lose Grimes is if he explodes in one of the pre-season games and makes the league take notice. Every team has young players who look good in camp but don't warrant a spot from the vets and go to the PS and most teams just look to their own PS.
Old 08-11-2012   #337
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 169179 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Not drafted by anyone - signed as a UDFA with the Redskins.
Just as keenum was an UDFA....

Perhaps he is P/S stashable.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #338
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

So when are the cut dates? Ball has to be gone in the first round of cuts.

Decided not to be lazy and googled it- the 28th is the cut down to 80, and the 2nd is the cut to 53.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3818981
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #339
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Look for Grimes to get a ride to Texans IR Resort this pre-season with a questionable injury. It seems every year a talented rookie (or one we have high hopes for) lands on IR with a goofy injury or phantom injury just so teams cannot claim them off the PS
Old 08-12-2012   #340
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

If this was posted and i missed it , my apologizes

http://www.inthebullseye.com/forums/...?t=1513&page=2
I read that JJo and Manning are working with the receivers on tips on recognizing coverage and how to get open
Quote:
Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield

Veteran leadership: FS Danieal Manning working extra after practice w/ rookie WR DeVier Posey pic.twitter.com/1zUbwh6P

my eyes are going I thought the pic was of this week and not from around the first of the month
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read