Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2005   #21
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Woo Hoo, now lets just hope that Capers will get his head out of his *** and play Mathis on the other side. That will really open things up
Old 11-04-2005   #22
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

It's on our front page too Caddy...that's probably where she got it.

Quote:
Extra receiver: Andre Johnson practiced on Wednesday and Thursday, and Capers said he did everything the coaches expected of him. However, the Texans held Johnson out of practice Friday.

In fact, Johnson and rookie wideout Jerome Mathis did not practice because both were bothered with tightness in their hamstring.

“I anticipate both of those guys being available,” Capers said. “We’ll work them out on Sunday, but they’ve both practiced two days this week. We just felt it was in their best interest to hold them out today.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ne...php?PRKey=2144

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Old 11-04-2005   #23
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

oops. I was gonna write what Vinny wrote. I hate being a slow typer.
Old 11-04-2005   #24
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

the latest news on andre is that i just bought his jersey....finally replacing the battle worn Houston-32 jersey i went out and bought when the franchise was first announced.....texan pride!

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 11-05-2005   #25
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default More than what you want to know about AJ's knee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan
AJ has been out for a while now. Caper's calls it a "mysterious injury". First they said it was his calf, then his knee.

Conspiracy theory:
1.AJ pretending to be hurt so he won't have to play on a sucky team?
2.AJ is has a serious(season ending) injury.
No conspiracy, just something unusual and difficult to diagnose.

A couple of Mondays ago, AJ flew out of town to get another opinion about his injury. I don't know what the doctor said, but it is encouraging that he is moving on it.

As for the mysterious calf/knee thing, as I understand it, his injury is not a traditional knee injury where the problem is on the front or sides of the knee. The pain is in the back of the knee--where the knee connects to the calf. This is not a common knee injury, and it can be difficult to diagnose.

If you want to know all about this stuff, check out this link on diagnosing back of the knee pain:

http://www.physsportsmed.com/issues/2004/0304/muche.htm

The short version is that it can be lots of different things, and can sometimes be difficult to diagnose but most commonly it is "soft-tissue and tendon injuries."

Hope to see him on Sunday with no reinjury.
Old 11-06-2005   #26
Dre_80
Rookie

Quote:
Texans | A. Johnson Will Start Week 9
Sun, 6 Nov 2005 08:53:18 -0800

Houston Texans WR Andre Johnson (calf) will start Week 9.
Old 11-06-2005   #27
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Now that we got AJ back, anything on Mathis? I read his hamstring was sore again.
Old 11-06-2005   #28
Dre_80
Rookie

Jerome Mathis is inactive.
Old 11-06-2005   #29
rmartin65
I'm Score

oh no...
Old 11-06-2005   #30
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre_80
Jerome Mathis is inactive.
Well, no reason to watch the game today then.
Old 11-06-2005   #31
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan
AJ has been out for a while now. Caper's calls it a "mysterious injury". First they said it was his calf, then his knee.

Conspiracy theory:
1.AJ pretending to be hurt so he won't have to play on a sucky team?
2.AJ is has a serious(season ending) injury.
How about . . .

3. Nothing really wrong with AJ, but the coaches are are keeping him out to force Carr to look for other receivers.

Old 11-06-2005   #32
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Davis is out though.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 11-06-2005   #33
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

andre finally gets back and now mathis is out. i was really looking forward to seeing both these guys on the field at the same time.
Old 05-08-2014   #34
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default All Encompassing Andre Johnson Thread (Just got some disturbing news about A Johnson)

A reliable friend just told me A Johnson is considering retiring. Says he just don't have it anymore. I hope this isn't true.
Old 05-08-2014   #35
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just got some disturbing news about A Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
A reliable friend just told me A Johnson is considering retiring. Says he just don't have it anymore. I hope this isn't true.
If true, then maybe we should have gone Watkins.

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
Old 05-08-2014   #36
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 05-08-2014   #37
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

He stands to make millions. Very doubtful he walks away just like that
Old 05-08-2014   #38
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Uhhh... bonjour
Old 05-08-2014   #39
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Before you get brutally attacked by the board, let me defend you...

I believe you... I'm not predicting it will happen, but I do believe he's considering it. His body has taken one heck of a beating, and it has lost a lot of the explosiveness. I would imagine that the idea of a rebuild and on the heels of such an awful season is disheartening for him, particularly if his body is slow to recover from the season.
Old 05-08-2014   #40
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Guaranteed 16 mill this year. No *******in way he's retiring.

Quit making a big deal about the voluntary camp no-show.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read