Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-11-2012   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ProFootballFocus, 32 Teams in 32 Days: Houston Texans

Pro Football Focus begins it's assessment of the 2012/13 Texans:

Quote:
After a decade that started with terrible play and David Carr at the helm, followed by mediocrity with the beginning of the Matt Schaub era, Houston finally became a force to be dealt with in 2011. The Texans have a lot of star power all over the field, which means they could be the predicted division champions for years to come.

However, this offseason money became the Texans’ enemy, as one of the former faces of the franchise, Mario Williams, left for Buffalo. A few other former starters had to leave town as well. While the keys to the Texans are still in place, some of the problems weren’t fixed either, which should lead to an interesting 2012.

Five Reasons to be Confident
1) The Running Duo
2) Hopefully Healthy Johnson
3) Second Year Defense
4) Improved Pass Rush
5) Offensive Line Studs

Five Reasons for Concern
1) The Cornerback Opposite Joseph
2) The Other Offensive Linemen
3) Depth at Receiver
4) Safety Depth
5) The loss of Dreessen

What to Expect
read the full article here: http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...ouston-texans/
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ProFootballFocus, 32 Teams in 32 Days: Houston Texans

A fair analysis. Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but I don't have the worries some do about the O line. I think they'll be fine. I'm more worried about the WR position than I am about the O line.

As to the defense, I think K Jackson will improve. The thing is though, he has to, because there isn't a lot of depth behind him. Other than that postion, I think the defense is solid and will kick some serious ass this season.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read