Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-03-2005   #21
Fldvldog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Ok, here is my main question because I've only been able to see 2 Jaguar games this season:

Whats up with the rushing defense? You guys are listed as 26th. Is it because of the linebackers on the outside?
Whats up with the rush defense? I wish I had an answer for you. I have no idea. Ayodele played horribly last game, which is part of the reason Jackson ran all over us. But you cannot single out only one person. Hopefully our D will play like they are one of the top defenses in the league. That Rams game was embarassing!
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005   #22
jagibelieve
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Ok, here is my main question because I've only been able to see 2 Jaguar games this season:

Whats up with the rushing defense? You guys are listed as 26th. Is it because of the linebackers on the outside?
A couple of reasons why we are ranked so low. First off, against the Colts, we played a 3-3 defense to concentrate on shutting Manning down (which we did). The bad part about that is we gave up some running yards to James.

Second, our outside linebackers have not been playing as well as they need to. Hopefully with Jamie Winborn playing more this Sunday, that will change.

Finally, we have been without our DD (Donovan Darius). He is a machine when it comes to stopping the run from the safety position.

Last, but not least, our run D just blew last Sunday. I'm sure Coach Del Rio addressed that this week.
jagibelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005   #23
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldvldog
Since you mention cities, why would the Jags want to move to the most obese city in America?
This makes me laugh every time.

A few things you need to know about those studies. This was in an article in the LA Times.

"America's Fattest City" is based on a formula, a very flawed formula.

1. The most important thing to know is...they never weight a single person. (nuff said)
2. Air Quality is a major factor. (Houston's air quality is not great, especially on the East side where very few people actually live.)
3. The formula also takes into account the number of cars. Houston is second only to LA because like LA, Houston is very spread out and has no real mass transit.
4. They count the number of gym/workout facilities. (Houston has HUGE gyms, not lots of small gyms so this works against them.)
5. They also count the number of parks, again Houston has a few HUGE parks (ie memorial park) and not lots of really small parks like other cities do.
6. In Houston they count places like Smoothie King (Very Healthy) as a fast food restaurant, but in NYC they don't count their greasy deli's as fast food (houston has very few deli's).
7. Houston has a ton of restuarants and very good restuarants. (This can't help)
8. This one is wierd. One of the factors is how much Air Conditioning is used. Houston is the most Air Conditioned city in the world. This does not mean people spend a lot of time in their houses, it is just hot and humid. In LA very few people even have AC. Getting cool by opening a window does not make you any leaner than turning on the AC)
9. Also the "cultural make up" of a city has a lot to do with it, some cultures are more health conscience and have a better diet than others. (I'll leave it at that.)

I am not saying Houston is a "thin city" but not the fattest by any means.

Plus Houston has a disporportion number of Attactive Women. Not sure what it is. Trust me I know, I live in LA area the land of attractive women and I travel alot and Houston is one of the best cities for eye candy. Flordia is pretty good too but I wouldn't put Jacksonville at the top of that list. Not many attactive girls in Indy, lucky for them they have a good team.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005   #24
GoJags16
Rookie

Not many attactive girls in Indy, lucky for them they have a good team.[/quote]

/I guess Manning isnt all that good looking is she.

Just think. Peytonya Manning
GoJags16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005   #25
stephen1
Veteran

Davis is our team. If we dont have him we might as well not even play this game.
stephen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005   #26
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 62 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldvldog
Deon Grant barely ever "bites" on fakes. Deke Cooper did last game, but hasn't much before that. Once again, every play?

Wilford doesn't fight for the ball well? Wrong. He did it on several occations against St.Louis, and multiple times in the past.

My mistake. 3rd fattest city.

Very cocky of you to already mark down Houston's second win. Will you eat your crow if/when the Jags win? I will be over here congradulating if the texans win. I have a feeling you wont.
Wow, we fell to 3rd? Cool...
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005   #27
Jags&Dawgs
Veteran

This will be a good rival game against you guys, hoping that the Jags win however. Hope that it's not a blow out though.
Jags&Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005   #28
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2837 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
Wow, we fell to 3rd? Cool...
Yeah, I have been on a diet.
Old 11-05-2005   #29
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 12262 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing I like about Leftwich is that he stays in the pocket and takes the hit to get a good pass off. One tough dude.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005   #30
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2837 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Look for Mathis to have a great day if he is healthy.

1 Return for TD and one run for TD on reverse/end around.
Old 11-05-2005   #31
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
Look for Mathis to have a great day if he is healthy.

1 Return for TD and one run for TD on reverse/end around.
Has Mathis run an endaround this year?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005   #32
Tedc
Hardheaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
Has Mathis run an endaround this year?
Exactly.
Old 11-05-2005   #33
jagibelieve
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan
One thing I like about Leftwich is that he stays in the pocket and takes the hit to get a good pass off. One tough dude.
That's always cool to hear from opposing team fans. I wish more of our fans felt the same way.
jagibelieve is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read