Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2012   #301
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official 2012 Training Camp Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
That's good, not sure the guy was trolling or just an idiot. He wanted to trade him for a WR and have UDFA Johnathan Grimes our backup.
Wait. What?

First off, we've got Forsett as our #3 now. He's looked really rocking in practice. From the reports, the Foster-Tate-Forsett triumvirate has been looking very good in practice.

I guess that might make Tate expendable but there's no way I'd go there.

At the WR spot, Martin has been killing it in TC by all accounts and Jean and Posey have been looking pretty good, too. Granted, they're rookies and the real bullets haven't started flying, yet, so they might all be fools gold.

But personally, I feel better having Tate and Forsett behind Foster than I'd feel trading Tate for a WR, at this point.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #302
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I really haven't been paying attention to TC this year, so if anyone doesn't mind, will give me the rundown of the TC so far?

And someone told me Tate's looking terrible this offseason, is that true?
What Cak said about TC's blog.

Kubiak has said that Tate and Foster have been competing hard and pushing each other, and they probably don't even realize how much better it is making them, and what it'll do for their careers. He also said that this is the best RB squad he's ever worked with.

So I'm guessing that Tate looks just fine.

I'd link the quotes, but I'm posting from my phone.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #303
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I really haven't been paying attention to TC this year, so if anyone doesn't mind, will give me the rundown of the TC so far?

Whoever that "someone" is, don't ever believe anything else they tell you again.
Ever.

Our RB position is the most solid squad, top to bottom, on the team. Tate & Foster picked up right where they left off last season. And Forsett looks like a steal and Grimes, and any previous year, would be a candidate for #3 RB. He may have a shot on S/Ts.

And if Posey and K.Martin continue to develop and show more and more of the flashes they've been showing in camp and LeStar Jean continues to improve from last camp, Bryant Johnson may get cut.

And I've been to three of the open practices so this is what my eyes are telling me.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #304
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Will Schaub play in the opening preseason game this Saturday???

Has he had any real traffic thrown at him in TC yet? I just have to wonder if he's really ready or just "10-yard safety zone around him" ready.
Old 08-07-2012   #305
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
To anyone attending practice, pay attention to the appearance of Schaub's legs and see if you perceive any differences in their development/thickness.
They look the same. Schaub looks like Schaub. Watch him careful near the end of practices when he is tired to see if he limps any, nothing.

Sharpton's legs are not even. I will be surprised if he starts the season.
Old 08-07-2012   #306
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Tate looks like he is in crushing fools mode. His healthiest camp so far. (KNOCK ON WOOD).

Latest training camp report here: My 2012 Texans training camp things to watch, and the Charles Spencer project

Scroll back through the reports. This is my last one for a while because I am doing family stuff. Yes, I have a life outside of football stuff.
Old 08-07-2012   #307
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
They look the same. Schaub looks like Schaub. Watch him careful near the end of practices when he is tired to see if he limps any, nothing.

Thanks, as always.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #308
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That gives additional credence to a compensatory hip flexor injury I proposed earlier.
Old 08-07-2012   #309
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tate looks like he is in crushing fools mode. His healthiest camp so far. (KNOCK ON WOOD).

Latest training camp report here: My 2012 Texans training camp things to watch, and the Charles Spencer project

Scroll back through the reports. This is my last one for a while because I am doing family stuff. Yes, I have a life outside of football stuff.
Thanks for the work you've done. Many of us rely on your camp reports. You're like our head spy.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #310
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1876 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I really didn't notice much run defense struggles.Ray Rice and MJD had two good games against us. Maybe the Oanthers but that's not the conventional run defense. I think that speaks more to our backs and hopefully OLINE than our run defense.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #311
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That gives additional credence to a compensatory hip flexor injury I proposed earlier.
Judging by what you may have read or seen in video form, what's your opinion on Schaub's progression through his rehabilition of his foot injury?
Old 08-07-2012   #312
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Judging by what you may have read or seen in video form, what's your opinion on Schaub's progression through his rehabilition of his foot injury?
For not really having to be concerned now with being hit, i.e., need for sudden awkward movement, and planting and weight shift and movement against resistance, he appears to be progressing well. He seems to plant with a full flat foot to the ground avoiding any rocking off the front of his plant foot. He will probably be limited significantly in reps during preseason. So his real test will come during the regular season where his foot will be repeatedly stressed and tested. How he holds up to these repeated forces week in and week out will be the final test and is yet to be seen. I remain very guarded about his ability to stay on the field, especially if it is necessary for him to adjust his mechanics to protect his foot. Again, as a Texans fan, I will keep my hopes as high as I keep up my guard.
Old 08-07-2012   #313
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For not really having to be concerned now with being hit, i.e., need for sudden awkward movement, and planting and weight shift and movement against resistance, he appears to be progressing well. He seems to plant with a full flat foot to the ground avoiding any rocking off the front of his plant foot. He will probably be limited significantly in reps during preseason. So his real test will come during the regular season where his foot will be repeatedly stressed and tested. How he holds up to these repeated forces week in and week out will be the final test and is yet to be seen. I remain very guarded about his ability to stay on the field, especially if it is necessary for him to adjust his mechanics to protect his foot. Again, as a Texans fan, I will keep my hopes as high as I keep up my guard.
It says I must spread rep to others before giving it to CnD again.

Can someone get him for me?

That last sentence was perfectly worded. 100%.
Old 08-07-2012   #314
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Got him. He deserved it anyway, as I feel the same way. Just because I love the Texans with every ounce of my football being, it doesn't mean I can't be realistic about them.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #315
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Done.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #316
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I got him for you too. His information has been great on all of the questions he has responded to.
Old 08-08-2012   #317
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes, I have a life outside of football stuff.
Old 08-08-2012   #318
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 64171 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

On the radio this morning, Nick Wright said "There is a player on the jugs machine and he has dropped 3 of 9 nine balls so far.

One armed JJ Watt."

Wow!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-08-2012   #319
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You were mentioned on the Texans all access by Nick Scurfield .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012   #320
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Cushing spent the night in Hospital due to illness. They sent him to Hospital to speed up recovery time.

Quote:
Nick Scurfield‏@NickScurfield

LB Brian Cushing (illness) missed practice after spending the night in a hospital. Could be back w/ team this afternoon

Gary Kubiak said he's "not worried" about Cushing- team sent him to hospital to help him recover quickly #Texans

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read