Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-06-2012   #1
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25616 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default When is the last time we won at Denver?

One of my friends, who is a big Broncos fan, was telling me he can't wait until the Broncos spank the Texans at home Week 3 on September the 23rd. I told him I wasn't afraid of Peyton Manning and that Houston is going to go in there and take it to the Broncos.

That being said, I honestly don't remember the last time a Houston NFL team won a game in Denver? I remember Tim Tebow whooping our butts a few seasons ago late in the season, and John Elway used to give the Oilers trouble. That playoff game back in 1991 still gives me nightmares.

Can somebody find for me the last time a Houston NFL team won a game at Denver. If nothing else, I have a gut feeling we're due to win that game on September 23. Just like we're due to win a game at Indianapolis but that's worthy of another thread that we can save for a rainy day.

In the mean time, I'll have to step away from any smack talk with Denver fans. They've got our number so until the Texans get it done at Mile High I guess there is little for me to pump my chest about.
Old 08-06-2012   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When is the last time we won at Denver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
One of my friends, who is a big Broncos fan, was telling me he can't wait until the Broncos spank the Texans at home Week 3 on September the 23rd. I told him I wasn't afraid of Peyton Manning and that Houston is going to go in there and take it to the Broncos.

That being said, I honestly don't remember the last time a Houston NFL team won a game in Denver? I remember Tim Tebow whooping our butts a few seasons ago late in the season, and John Elway used to give the Oilers trouble. That playoff game back in 1991 still gives me nightmares.

Can somebody find for me the last time a Houston NFL team won a game at Denver. If nothing else, I have a gut feeling we're due to win that game on September 23. Just like we're due to win a game at Indianapolis but that's worthy of another thread that we can save for a rainy day.

In the mean time, I'll have to step away from any smack talk with Denver fans. They've got our number so until the Texans get it done at Mile High I guess there is little for me to pump my chest about.
Never. We lost 31-13 November 7, 2004 and again on December 26, 2010 24-23 .

Our only win was at home: December 13, 2007 31-13
Old 08-06-2012   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Last Oiler win at Denver was October 4, 1987; 40-10
Old 08-06-2012   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

What was the game where Mario had like 3 or 4 sacks against the Broncos? Wasnt that in Denver?
Old 08-06-2012   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
What was the game where Mario had like 3 or 4 sacks against the Broncos? Wasnt that in Denver?
That was a Thursday night game at Reliant. The first game (I believe) the Texans played in all red unis. I don't know why so many hated them. Thought they looked pretty bad azz.
Old 08-06-2012   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Last Oiler win at Denver was October 4, 1987; 40-10
Also, that was a replacement game, during the strike. The previous Oiler victory in Denver was 20-16 in 1980, when Earl ran for 157 yards and 2 TDs.

So yes, Houston is waaaaaaay overdue for a win in the Mile High city.
Old 08-06-2012   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll beat "THe Manning" as GP put it in his video of Hitler.

I think we'll outclass the Broncos as long as our team is pretty healthy. We're better all around.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-06-2012   #8
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
We'll beat "THe Manning" as GP put it in his video of Hitler.

I think we'll outclass the Broncos as long as our team is pretty healthy. We're better all around.
IF I'm not the only one on your ignore list you'll see that I agree 100%.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
IF I'm not the only one on your ignore list you'll see that I agree 100%.
Better WR's, better running game, and a better defense.

They've got Manning, but I just don't see Manning being nearly as dominant with that receiving core and after that injury. People tend to forget that Manning had one of his worst seasons the year before. He'll still be pretty good, but I think the Texans will just be a better all around team assuming that Schaub and Johnson are playing. IF Schaub is out, then this analysis changes a lot.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #10
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Better WR's, better running game, and a better defense.

They've got Manning, but I just don't see Manning being nearly as dominant with that receiving core and after that injury. People tend to forget that Manning had one of his worst seasons the year before. He'll still be pretty good, but I think the Texans will just be a better all around team assuming that Schaub and Johnson are playing. IF Schaub is out, then this analysis changes a lot.
True. I read/heard from several different sources that even had #18 been under center that the end result would have been the same.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to win one in their house. I think THIS IS THE YEAR!

GO TEXANS!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #11
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1008 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, Wade is pretty familiar with playing at Mile High since he coached there from 89-94.

On the other hand, they have Del Rio as their Defensive Coordinator who knows a thing or two about our team......

Should be a great battle.

Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #12
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I was at the 04 game, sucked balls. Only highlight was the fan in front of me got booted out because he was giving me crap all game. I didn't even complain, it was his own fans who got him tossed!
Old 08-06-2012   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_Fanatic View Post
Well, Wade is pretty familiar with playing at Mile High since he coached there from 89-94.
Kubiak knows a little something about Mile High, as well.

EDIT: Of course, this won't actually be at Mile High...
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read