Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-23-2012   #261
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nike: Outfitters for the NFL and your Houston Texans

Jersey looks good; still waiting to see what the Nike Limited Jersey is..
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #262
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Nike can kiss my ass. I went to academy and the new jersey was $110.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #263
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
$249.95?

If I had a machine that shot a wad of "$249.95 bills" out hourly (Who's face would be on the $249.95 bill?) I still couldn't bring myself to pay that for a jersey. They look sweet and I want one but I can't do that. Those of you who can, more power to you. I just can't wrap my head around the idea that it's worth that kind of money.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Maybe it's because I'm getting old but... $250 for a jersey? Really? I think I'd go in bodypaint before spending that much for a jersey.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #264
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

Maybe it's because I'm getting old but... $250 for a jersey? Really? I think I'd go in bodypaint before spending that much for a jersey.
If I had $250 to spend on Texans stuff, I'd much rather buy a dozen shirts and a couple of caps instead of one uniform.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #265
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
chances are it wasn't the on field jersey...

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #266
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

/\ and some are noting what they'd rather spend there money on because??.......

Everybody's got their vices and what they'd like to spend their money on. Glad your diggin the jersey JB
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #267
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't see myself dropping that kind of dough on a jersey but it looks pretty sweet. I'm thinking maybe Chinese knockoffs this season.
Old 05-23-2012   #268
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
$249.95?

If I had a machine that shot a wad of "$249.95 bills" out hourly (Who's face would be on the $249.95 bill?) I still couldn't bring myself to pay that for a jersey. They look sweet and I want one but I can't do that. Those of you who can, more power to you. I just can't wrap my head around the idea that it's worth that kind of money.
Several adult entertainers would tell you, ME.
Old 05-23-2012   #269
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
chances are it wasn't the on field jersey...
I saw the $100 Nike jersey at Academy and it wasn't the authentic version. To be honest, I didn't really like it. I can't put my finger on it, but it looks too video-gameish (that's the best adjective I could come up with). I don't think "football" when I see it.
Old 05-23-2012   #270
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
/\ and some are noting what they'd rather spend there money on because??.......

Everybody's got their vices and what they'd like to spend their money on. Glad your diggin the jersey JB

Thanks!
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #271
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

First of all, beautiful jersey JB, and kudos for paying "full fare".

Quote:
$249.95?

I can't either, though I did pony up $170 once upon a time for my Authentic Biggio jersey...then again, it's made a hell of a lot better than a football jersey. From this point on, it's (insert foregn country here) knock-offs for me.

Quote:

Careful, the nice bodypaint can cost a fortune!
Old 05-23-2012   #272
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I saw the $100 Nike jersey at Academy and it wasn't the authentic version. To be honest, I didn't really like it. I can't put my finger on it, but it looks too video-gameish (that's the best adjective I could come up with). I don't think "football" when I see it.
The jersey wasn't mesh it was solid in the front and back and the lettering had a weird feel to it. I am willing to bet that it peals after the first couple of washes. In addition to no mesh the jersey was heavy. I bet you they are gonna be hot as hell when you put them on in August.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #273
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
First of all, beautiful jersey JB, and kudos for paying "full fare".

I can't either, though I did pony up $170 once upon a time for my Authentic Biggio jersey...then again, it's made a hell of a lot better than a football jersey. From this point on, it's (insert foregn country here) knock-offs for me.

Careful, the nice bodypaint can cost a fortune!
I've short and don't have a lot of surface area. That should help minimize the cost.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012   #274
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Seems as though that's what the "authentic", "on-field" jerseys were going for last year - if you went to the NFL.com store (and weren't lucky enough to catch a deal).

That's why all my jerseys are replicas.
My money ain't long enough to spring for the "authentic" versions.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012   #275
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

duplicate post
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012   #276
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry but I'm not dropping $250 on a jersey... Nike can suck it.

I've got a Johnson, Schaub and Foster and paid less than $60 for all three and you can't tell the difference between them and the real deal. I'm heading down to Osan soon to see if they have the Nike jerseys yet.
Old 05-24-2012   #277
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 62228 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Its so hard to clean the leather seats after the boby paint.
Old 05-24-2012   #278
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_ROK View Post

I've got a Johnson, Schaub and Foster and paid less than $60 for all three and you can't tell the difference between them and the real deal. I'm heading down to Osan soon to see if they have the Nike jerseys yet.
And they are still making a nice profit on you since even a Nike jersey costs Nike 5$ to 6$ to make.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012   #279
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_ROK View Post

you got knock-offs tho, i mean nothing wrong with that, i have a cushing i paid $24 for.. they look and feel better than the $100 jerseys that were at acedemy, but when a friend of mine had the official jersey (the one that cost a couple hundred) i could tell the differences, his was so much nicer..
Old 08-06-2012   #280
kwayshauntay
Veteran

Rep Power: 833 kwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respected

Watching the HoF game right now.

The Saints collar just looks strange.

And the pants make it look like the players are wearing diapers.

Who the heck at Nike designed these things? Seems like they over-engineered these things, out-thought themselves, tried to get too cute. It's just a football uniform, not a combat suit, should've just stuck to the K.I.S.S. principle.

Terrible.
kwayshauntay is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read