Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2012   #281
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official 2012 Training Camp Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I like our receivers this year. Even with the departure if Dreessen...I feel like we're going to see a better passing game this year. I mean that.
I have hope for this receiving corps' potential.

But I don't know how that's going to translate when bullets start to fly for real. I want to at least see a couple of pre-season games before I go crazy over them.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012   #282
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Defenses gonna have to pick their poison between Foster/Tate, OD/Graham, AJ, and KW/Martin.

I like our receivers this year. Even with the departure if Dreessen...I feel like we're going to see a better passing game this year. I mean that.
Don't forget about Casey. Before he got hurt he was a big factor in our offense last year. I keep bringing this name up, but I see him as our Frank Wycheck. Kubiak referred to him as his "Jim Thorpe" and I see him playing a major role this year. There aren't many players who can play full back, tight end, split out wide as a receiver, and then even take a toss at the tail back position like he did last year.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012   #283
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
So Schaub and Martin are developing a chemistry already? Combine that with what Steph said about Martins running ability being similar to Arians....drool.....
No, they don't run the same, but similarly, they have unique running styles.

Arian has a way of running where it is almost like he is gliding and doesn't look like he is running fast but is. He picks his spots and then gets into his extra gear in a way that makes him hard to tackle.

Martin has a suddenness to the way he runs, sort of a relentless choppiness that has the ability to embarrass defenders.

What I'm saying is that they have running styles that are so unique that even if you didn't see numbers on them, you could tell who they were by the way they run.
Old 08-05-2012   #284
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Day 8 2012 Texans training camp: My view on position competitions

Lots of stuff there.

Including a fun picture of Matt Schaub. I started getting requests on Twitter for avatar pictures, so I then started taking a different picture every day. Yesterday I was able to get Schaub to do one, and this is the pose he chose.
Old 08-05-2012   #285
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

Lots of stuff there.

Including a fun picture of Matt Schaub. I started getting requests on Twitter for avatar pictures, so I then started taking a different picture every day. Yesterday I was able to get Schaub to do one, and this is the pose he chose.
I don't think that fullback is really a key competition. I'm much more interested, as a fan, in which guy with <2 seasons emerges as a pass catching threat.
Old 08-05-2012   #286
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Don't forget about Casey. Before he got hurt he was a big factor in our offense last year. I keep bringing this name up, but I see him as our Frank Wycheck. Kubiak referred to him as his "Jim Thorpe" and I see him playing a major role this year. There aren't many players who can play full back, tight end, split out wide as a receiver, and then even take a toss at the tail back position like he did last year.
Yes. Agree with you.

I left him out sort of on purpose...to show that he's a guy who's an extra threat that adds to the problems of a d-coord.

He's an x-factor guy. Other guys are likely splitting time...Casey is all over the field playing whatever position Kubiak wants/needs on any given play.
Old 08-05-2012   #287
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I don't think that fullback is really a key competition. I'm much more interested, as a fan, in which guy with <2 seasons emerges as a pass catching threat.
The 49ers of the 80's would disagree with you and Tom Rathman would like a word with you. With a suspect O-Line (or Unknown if you prefer) it maybe one of the more crucial positions than any other on the team this season.
Old 08-05-2012   #288
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

Lots of stuff there.

I don't think newton is going to be a "swing tackle" just based off of my own observations.

Seems like he will play the RT position regardless of which tackle gets injured.

I think they will do what they've done which is move butler to LT. They probably trust him more to handle that side.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012   #289
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't think newton is going to be a "swing tackle" just based off of my own observations.

Seems like he will play the RT position regardless of which tackle gets injured.

I think they will do what they've done which is move butler to LT. They probably trust him more to handle that side.
Strongly agree. Even draft scouts were speaking of Newton not being able to handle the LT position at the NFL level because he demonstrated limited quickness and lateral mobility. He should do fine at RT, but like Winston, he may have problems with around the end speed rushers.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012   #290
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
The 49ers of the 80's would disagree with you and Tom Rathman would like a word with you. With a suspect O-Line (or Unknown if you prefer) it maybe one of the more crucial positions than any other on the team this season.
The 80's was 30 years ago, and Tom Rathman ain't walkin through that door. The Texans have proven over the last couple of years that great fullback (Leach) or not (Vickers) they will get their yards on the ground.
Old 08-05-2012   #291
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm getting pretty excited about Martin.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012   #292
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

To anyone attending practice, pay attention to the appearance of Schaub's legs and see if you perceive any differences in their development/thickness.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #293
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 92090 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

DB, AJ and KJ were all back at practice. AJ took about 20 reps. KJ took about half his usual and DB went the entire practice.

Per Twitter post practice tweets
Old 08-06-2012   #294
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
To anyone attending practice, pay attention to the appearance of Schaub's legs and see if you perceive any differences in their development/thickness.
Poor Schaub, he is gonna wonder why all these guys are staring at his legs.
Old 08-06-2012   #295
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Poor Schaub, he is gonna wonder why all these guys are staring at his legs.
I'm gonna look at his legs on Thursday, BUT, I'm really a TE kinda gal!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #296
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
DB, AJ and KJ were all back at practice. AJ took about 20 reps. KJ took about half his usual and DB went the entire practice.

Per Twitter post practice tweets
thanks
Old 08-06-2012   #297
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

I really haven't been paying attention to TC this year, so if anyone doesn't mind, will give me the rundown of the TC so far?

And someone told me Tate's looking terrible this offseason, is that true?
Old 08-06-2012   #298
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 269149 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
I really haven't been paying attention to TC this year, so if anyone doesn't mind, will give me the rundown of the TC so far?

And someone told me Tate's looking terrible this offseason, is that true?
Best way to catch up would be Texan Chick's blog on the Chronicle.

Have not heard even the hint of a rumor about Tate not looking good.
Old 08-06-2012   #299
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Best way to catch up would be Texan Chick's blog on the Chronicle.

Have not heard even the hint of a rumor about Tate not looking good.
That's good, not sure the guy was trolling or just an idiot. He wanted to trade him for a WR and have UDFA Johnathan Grimes our backup.
Old 08-06-2012   #300
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 33986 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I was going to make a joke about watching the cheerleader's legs...

I attended one last week. He signed autographs before and after practice so we were close. I was looking more to see if he favored either foot walking or standing. There was nothing noticeable in his gait, stride or stance.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read