Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-05-2012   #1
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default OMG I need help

My wife and friends surprised me with game tickets (the Ravens game) and the flight and hotel, now I need some help from you guys

How is the Holiday Inn at Reliant? Is it awesome? I am pretty sure it is super close to the stadium correct? We are getting a rental car, but we plan on walking to the game if we can and partying then walking back to the hotel.

Our seats are in 607, are these good? I really want to be in a great atmosphere more than wanting to see every little detail on the field. Is this section great for screaming and high fiving?

I need to know whats up with tailgating!!!! I want to partake in the greatest tailgate experience on Earth, any suggestions?

We come in on Friday night, so we have all day Saturday to bum around, I want to hit up the Texans store in Reliant and then is there a shop or store that has little knick knack Texans stuff (for my man cave) and then what other things should we try to do on Saturday while we are there???

IM SO PUMPED FOR THIS
Old 08-05-2012   #2
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OMG I need help

The Holiday Inn is very close, just a walk across the street. Not an "awesome" hotel, as it is a bit on the older side. But very nice. I would absolutely recommend it.

One warning, I had a friend staying there last year, and they talked her into using their shuttle bus to the game. The bus drove around the long way and dropped her off on the far side of the stadium

Then she has to walk all the way over to where we tailgate. Don't use the shuttle. Walk across the street. The Blue Crew tailgates in the corner of the Platinum lot, I am sure you would be welcome there. Just grab whatever you want to drink, there is plenty of cooler space.

Let me think about Sat a bit, I haven't had my coffee yet. Don't want to steer you wrong.
Old 08-05-2012   #3
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 966 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Is this section great for screaming and high fiving?
There will be approximately 8 screamers and 4 high-fivers in your area, but I recommend you switch to section 608 as they are known for their higher quality hugging after touchdowns.
jtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I need to know whats up with tailgating!!!! I want to partake in the greatest tailgate experience on Earth, any suggestions?
Go to the south end of the stadium and walk into the platinum lot. Take your first right. About 2/3rd's down on your right will be Texans Chicks tailgate. Down at the very end of the aisle on both sides will be the Blue Crew where you can meet a bunch of folks from the MB. Just walk up and say I am amazing80 and you will be more than welcomed.

Quote:
We come in on Friday night, so we have all day Saturday to bum around, I want to hit up the Texans store in Reliant and then is there a shop or store that has little knick knack Texans stuff (for my man cave) and then what other things should we try to do on Saturday while we are there???

IM SO PUMPED FOR THIS
Give us some hints on the things you are interested in, types of foods, activities whatever and we can give you better advise.

Not too far from where you are staying is a great breakfast/brunch place - The Breakfast Klub. A whole lot better than room service or Denny's - Link
Old 08-05-2012   #5
amazing80
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtexas View Post
There will be approximately 8 screamers and 4 high-fivers in your area, but I recommend you switch to section 608 as they are known for their higher quality hugging after touchdowns.
Ha, no I say that because on another board a guy I know said he had season tickets up there and people were always telling him to sit down and were not very intense, I am VERY intense and will not have a voice come half time, so I do not want people telling me to sit down when we score or make a big play....

We like all kinds of food and places. We're just looking for any recommendations at all to be honest. We have no set mind set of what we would want to do. We want to get as much Texans stuff as we can since it is hard to get it in Wisconsin, but we also want to enjoy some of Houstons best.....Is it cool to see the space station or is that lame with no kids?

I will feel weird just walking up to people to tailgate but I will it you think its ok...
Old 08-05-2012   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Our seats are in 607, are these good? I really want to be in a great atmosphere more than wanting to see every little detail on the field. Is this section great for screaming and high fiving?
The 600's is called Gridiron, Texas and I think they have the most passionate (least corporate) fans at Reliant. I may be slightly biased (section 610).

The Bullpen gets a lot of hype, but I'm pretty sure they're on performance enhancing drugs. Just saying.

This is Houston, Texas. So just go up to about any tailgate, and you will be welcome. That's how we roll.
Old 08-05-2012   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
This is Houston, Texas. So just go up to about any tailgate, and you will be welcome. That's how we roll.
This is true but I will throw out one small caveat. Bring what you want to drink. For some reason folks will hand you $20 bucks of food without a question but if you assume you can nab beer some will think you a moocher. If you show up with even a six pack and run out they will be happy to resupply.
Old 08-05-2012   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
This is true but I will throw out one small caveat. Bring what you want to drink.
If you're drinking alcoholic beverages, right. I don't imbibe, so all I have to offer is water, gatorade, and diet soda. Which I'm happy to share.
Old 08-05-2012   #9
amazing80
Site Contributor

What if I brought 20 bucks and offered cash for me and my wife instead of walking around with a 6 pack lol
Old 08-05-2012   #10
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What if I brought 20 bucks and offered cash for me and my wife instead of walking around with a 6 pack lol
Most tailgates don't want to take money from people. If you stay at the holiday in, just walk across the street with your drinks and throw them in a cooler at the blue crew.
Old 08-05-2012   #11
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32275 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not the same. Pick up a small cooler and enjoy as you stroll
Old 08-05-2012   #12
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

amazing80, welcome to Texas! You are more than welcome to join us in the Orange lot, we are on the front row at pole #8. We have a margarita machine, 2 generators, flat screen TV, satellite dish, surround sound system, washer boards, and all the food and drink you would like. You tell me what you want whether it is crown, jack, etc...... or if beer, wine coolers is your thing let me know what you want and I will have it iced down for you waiting on you at 7:45 Sunday morning. Our menu varies game to game, but we have a retired hispanic teacher that brings 2 dozen home made breakfast tacos (tortillas included) and her famous home made hot sauce to every game. It is her contribution to the tailgate. We are not a "huge" group, we use 3 parking spots for our tailgate, and usually have about 25-35 people at our tailgate. You are welcome with us ANYTIME!!!!!!! Space Center Houston is a great place to go see! If you like the water, I can say the Kemah, Clear Lake area is a fun place to visit. Lots of good bars, mexican food, steaks, and seafood in the area. Hope this helps, you are more than welcome to PM me if you want more information.
Old 08-05-2012   #13
amazing80
Site Contributor

But can I bring a cooler into the stadium?
Old 08-05-2012   #14
amazing80
Site Contributor

Just told my wife that tailgating starts at 7 and she said, "Are you ****in kidding me"

HAHA cant wait!
Old 08-05-2012   #15
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't worry about a cooler, just tell me what you want and I will have it for you.... it is Texan hospitality! Orange lot is on the east side of the stadium, hell if you want I will pick you up at 7:30 am from the Holiday Inn and you two can ride in with my son and I.
Old 08-05-2012   #16
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Tailgating usually starts friday with grocery and beverage purchases, saturday for prep work, sun at 5am for loading and icing everything down...... platinum lot starts at 7 am....... blue, orange, and all of the others start at 8 am...... but they usually let us in about 7:45.
Old 08-05-2012   #17
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Since you will be walking, you will not be allowed entrance into the lots until about 8:30, per tailgating policy. So unless you can get with someone who is driving in and they have room, that would be your best bet to get in before 8:30 if that is what you want to do... Just wanted you to know so you don't have to stand outside the gate for a while waiting..
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #18
Lucky

Quote:
But can I bring a cooler into the stadium?
Bring it on, Mr. Rolling Cooler Cooler Roller.
Old 08-07-2012   #19
J7R7wilson
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 J7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respected

A stop at twin peaks is a must...talk to Anthony he is my buddy and the manager there

Card carrying member of RED SOX NATION
J7R7wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012   #20
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J7R7wilson View Post
A stop at twin peaks is a must...talk to Anthony he is my buddy and the manager there
what is twin peaks?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read