Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2012   #221
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official 2012 Training Camp Thread

Lestar Jean had an excused absence because of personal issues?

Anyone have any idea what's going on and if maybe that's been contributing with his bad hands the past couple of days?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012   #222
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Today's training camp report:

Day 6 2012 Texans training camp: JJ Watt? Címon now

At the time that the JJ Watt injury happened, I didn't know. Blocked out by people, and I was trying to find out what happened to Brandon Brooks. I'm sort of glad I didn't see it. Because hello, it's JJ.

Watt was down for a while being tended to apparently.

Nobody was supposed to be tweeting from camp because it wasn't an open day but I guess some people are calling their station and having them tweet. Hm.
Old 08-02-2012   #223
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Lestar Jean had an excused absence because of personal issues?

Anyone have any idea what's going on and if maybe that's been contributing with his bad hands the past couple of days?
Nope.
Old 08-02-2012   #224
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 77572 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

When I first saw Forsett play for Seattle, I was jealous that he wasn't playing for Houston as a scat back. His acceleration, style, and hands are perfect for this system.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012   #225
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Could we have an Arian, Jr. ???
Quote:
Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield
Rick Smith on UDFA rookie RB Jonathan Grimes: "He got a lot of people's attention. Fits the system. Very impressive so far."
Also looking good:
Quote:
Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield
Rick Smith on MLB-turned-FB Derrell Smith: "He has really showed some promise... I'm excited about him." #Texans
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012   #226
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Just thankful that there were no injuries today.

Didn't get specifics but I think Earl Mitchell left for a bit with heat issues.

Brooks was held out due to heat issues yesterday but is fine to go.

Fangupo left practice early due to death in the family.

Crick still out with neck.

AJ was running on far field full speed. Says he is good to go for Monday.

Jean had a nice day, his best day in a while.
Old 08-03-2012   #227
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 3223 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Just thankful that there were no injuries today.

Didn't get specifics but I think Earl Mitchell left for a bit with heat issues.

Brooks was held out due to heat issues yesterday but is fine to go.

Fangupo left practice early due to death in the family.

Crick still out with neck.

AJ was running on far field full speed. Says he is good to go for Monday.

Jean had a nice day, his best day in a while.
I guess you could say he had a Crick in his neck ....
Old 08-03-2012   #228
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedTexans View Post
I guess you could say he had a Crick in his neck ....
Yeah.

Someone's already said that.

Couple of times.

I expect to hear this joke the rest of Crick's career. It's the jokes about him discovering DNA that I'm waiting for.

Old 08-03-2012   #229
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah.

I expect to hear this joke the rest of Crick's career. It's the jokes about him discovering DNA that I'm waiting for.

"Everytime I look in the mirror at my neck, why do I see weird Sh*t?"

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012   #230
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 135090 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Anyone watching the Texans Training Camp Live right now? My Lord, McClain's beyond obese. Damn, he's gotten huge

Burge got a snap shot

Quote:
Yeah.

Someone's already said that.

Couple of times.

We just need to draft a TE named Watson.
Old 08-03-2012   #231
kwayshauntay
Veteran

Rep Power: 833 kwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Anyone watching the Texans Training Camp Live right now? My Lord, McClain's beyond obese. Damn, he's gotten huge

Burge got a snap shot

Is this on TV? Or online somewhere?
kwayshauntay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012   #232
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
We just need to draft a TE named Watson.
That's my name.

And, yes, I've heard that joke before.

(When I first read your post, I was like, "How does he know my name?' lol)
Old 08-03-2012   #233
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 233844 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Went to T/C my first T/C session of the year this morning. Over all, I think the defense won the scrimmages. Picked off at least three passes broke up a few more and caused Yates and Schaub to have to hold the ball longer than 3 secs (I counted) several other times. Schaub had at least one or two balls batted back at him during 11-on-11s.

K. Martin looked good at KR but so did Tiny Trindon. Damn that little dude is QUICK! He drew oooo's and aaaah's from the bleachers on one return and even got an attaboy from Kubiak.

We are DEEP at RB! Foster and Tate are known quantities. But Forsett is super quick and

Things I noticed that bugged me a little:
Owen Daniels rode the stationary bike today. I hadn't seen/heard that he was nicked up. Anyone got any info on why he sat out? Also, K.Jax had the left hammy wrapped with an ice bag; when did that happen?

The aforementioned success of the kick returners worries me a little; are those two that good or is our coverage team not up to par yet?

More balls in and out of the WRs hands than I'm used to seeing.

Keenum looked to be having an off day. Insufficient zip on his passes compared to the other three guys.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012   #234
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Went to T/C my first T/C session of the year this morning. Over all, I think the defense won the scrimmages. Picked off at least three passes broke up a few more and caused Yates and Schaub to have to hold the ball longer than 3 secs (I counted) several other times. Schaub had at least one or two balls batted back at him during 11-on-11s.

K. Martin looked good at KR but so did Tiny Trindon. Damn that little dude is QUICK! He drew oooo's and aaaah's from the bleachers on one return and even got an attaboy from Kubiak.

We are DEEP at RB! Foster and Tate are known quantities. But Forsett is super quick and

Things I noticed that bugged me a little:
Owen Daniels rode the stationary bike today. I hadn't seen/heard that he was nicked up. Anyone got any info on why he sat out? Also, K.Jax had the left hammy wrapped with an ice bag; when did that happen?

The aforementioned success of the kick returners worries me a little; are those two that good or is our coverage team not up to par yet?

More balls in and out of the WRs hands than I'm used to seeing.

Keenum looked to be having an off day. Insufficient zip on his passes compared to the other three guys.

Kubiak is giving some vets every 3rd or so day off. Owen Daniels and Shaun Cody are getting that treatment. They both have a history of knee issues. Kubiak expects KJ back soon-he had a hamstring issue earlier this week, and they are being careful.

With the kick returners, they are wearing shorts. So there is no real hitting. So instead of blowing up a guy with initial contact, he gets maybe tagged a bit and not stopped. The returners are supposed to keep going. They are working on issues. Preseason you tend to see some odd things with returns because they work a lot with the young guys doing coverage--lots of new players, many who have not done teams before because they were stars on their college teams.
Old 08-03-2012   #235
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

TC chatter:
Quote:
Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley
Kubiak: Best set of running backs that he's had with the Texans.
Quote:
P.D. Starr ‏@PHABMK6
Today was one of the worst days I have seen for a player. Alan Ball was worked by Bryant J. And Posey for TDs.

Posey has gotten better since day 1. One of the hardest workers out there.

Manning said in 2011 he was learning this season he is leading to the younger players. #Texans

Danieal Manning said Glover Quin is one of the emerging leaders for the #Texans.

Reed also told me Mericlus fits right in with the team. Hard worker and always asking questions
Quote:
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein
Strong practices so far by DeVier Posey and Sherrick McManus. #Texans
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012   #236
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 233844 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kubiak is giving some vets every 3rd or so day off. Owen Daniels and Shaun Cody are getting that treatment. They both have a history of knee issues. Kubiak expects KJ back soon-he had a hamstring issue earlier this week, and they are being careful.
Okay, that explains O.D. and K.J. Thanks.

Quote:
With the kick returners, they are wearing shorts. So there is no real hitting. So instead of blowing up a guy with initial contact, he gets maybe tagged a bit and not stopped. The returners are supposed to keep going. They are working on issues. Preseason you tend to see some odd things with returns because they work a lot with the young guys doing coverage--lots of new players, many who have not done teams before because they were stars on their college teams.
I understand the shorts/no-hitting thing but Trindon and K-Mart were at the 25-30 yd line before the first cover guy could lay a glove on 'em. ...and they were bringing the ball out from 5-7 yds deep in the end zone.

When's the first full contact scrimmage? Or did the new bargaining agreement make those sort of all out practices history?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012   #237
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

And Posey continues to impress. I'm curious if all of the people who criticized him will admit they overreacted after OTAs about him.

I've also always liked McManis. This is his first true off-season with the Texans. The first year there was an issue with him graduating from Northwestern so he wasn't here until TC, and then last year we had the lockout. There is potential for him to make a big jump this year. I remember his rookie year at a practice in Training Camp he jammed David Anderson all the way out of bounds during 1 on 1. DA didn't even get off the line. McManis has the skill so Roc and Harris are really going to have to play well to get PT over him. I just don't want to see him returning kicks ever again. That is definitely not his thing.

Last edited by Texn4life; 08-03-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012   #238
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68220 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

THATS John McClain?

Jesus.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012   #239
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really enjoying the first hand impressions from people actually getting to attend training camp.

Can't wait for the preseason this year. Most years I could care less. Think I'm going to sign up for the all 22 gig on NFLN because the Blowmont stations don't carry the preseason games. 30 bucks? Try to beat it!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012   #240
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Texans Chick or anyone else that's been to Training Camp, I'm looking for some opinions on Garrett Graham-TE. How's he looked so far? I can't help the feeling that if I'm Kubiak, it's time to stick your foot in Graham's ass for motivational reasons. With Dreesen gone it's time for Graham to step up or go bye bye. Thanks.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read