Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2012   #201
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253428 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official 2012 Training Camp Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
direct quote from Twitter
I still trust Wade, but perhaps my admiration is slipping now........

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012   #202
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh...it's grown on me....
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012   #203
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone watching the Texans Training Camp Live right now? My Lord, McClain's beyond obese. Damn, he's gotten huge

Burge got a snap shot

Old 08-01-2012   #204
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, 5 days in and I'm getting a little punchy. This is a weird training camp report, but if you want normal AP copy, you read somebody else.

Day 5 2012 Texans training camp: TMI edition (warning)
Old 08-01-2012   #205
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90635 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Steph you perv!
Old 08-01-2012   #206
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

some of my observations from today, bear with me I'm typing this from my phone during my daughters dance class.

Louiseau actually looked very good at shedding blocks and meeting the ball carrier at the LOS aside from one play where he got blown up from the RT. I think he makes the team.

Forsett is ably our #3 rb, Grimes did have a big run today for a TD though. O-line looked pretty good with both the 1's and 2's. I wouldn't worry about it. Newton especially looked good today.

Jean had a big drop on a very catchable ball and looked a little soft out of his break.

Brice McCain looked great, even almost got one from Kevin Walter but Walter slammed him down to break up the play. J-Jo did steal one from Walter on a crossing route.

Braman had a pretty awesome mid air arm tackle on Tate, absolutely leveled him.

Not sure if TJ just had an off day, but Beck and Keenum were noticeably sharper.

Last edited by NastyNate; 08-01-2012 at 10:00 PM.
NastyNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012   #207
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
some of my observations from today, bear with me I'm typing this from my phone during my daughters dance class.

Louiseau actually looked very good at shedding blocks and meeting the ball carrier at the LOS aside from one play where he got blown up from the RT. I think he makes the team.

Forsett is ably our #3 rb, Grimes did have a big run today for a TD though. O-line looked pretty good with both the 1's and 2's. I wouldn't worry about it. Newton especially looked good today.

Jean had a big drop on a very catchable ball and looked a little soft out of his break.

Bruce McCain looked great, even almost got one from Kevin Walter but Walter slammed him down to break up the play. J-Jo did steal one from Walter on a crossing route.

Braman had a pretty awesome mid air arm tackle on Tate, absolutely leveled him.

Not sure if TJ just had an off day, but Beck and Keenum were noticeably sharper.
Louiseau may make the team because of how thin the Texans are at ILB. Effort guy.

Jean had two ungood days in a row. Has had better days.

The Braman tackle of Tate was highlight reel ooooh stuff.

I didn't see the same thing you did with TJ/Beck/Keenum.
Old 08-01-2012   #208
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Steph you perv!
Hey man, Nike's the perv. I'm just trying to watch some football.
Old 08-01-2012   #209
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a little worried about Jean dropping catchable passes. How is he looking in general?
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012   #210
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Acckkk!! I hate that Bulls on Parade stuff. Does this mean Wade is actually using that now? Was that a quote from him? God, I HATE that stupid nickname.
You and me both Thorn. Reminds me of some parade in Montrose or something.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012   #211
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

A week from Friday. I gotta make it just 8 more days.

8 days until I see some football, and maybe a peep show from what I've read recently??? LOL.

8. Days.
Old 08-02-2012   #212
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I'm a little worried about Jean dropping catchable passes. How is he looking in general?
Very up and down. Looks the part. But some days he's not catching things that NFL teams need their big body guy to catch. With two drafted guys behind him, he runs the risk of being this year's Dorin Dickerson.
Old 08-02-2012   #213
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Do you know what the song sounds like?

It is a stone cold jam.
Old 08-02-2012   #214
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Yeah man, when I think of the band Rage Against the Machine, I think of a pride parade.
Old 08-02-2012   #215
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253428 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

There's a song behind this Bulls on parade maddness? I hope I never hear it or see the video.

It really doesn't matter to me who supports this dumbass nickname or who doesn't, it won't influence my belief that it's the damndest stupidest nickname ever!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012   #216
MidtownMikey
Rookie

Rep Power: 2083 MidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmm...

Houston News ‏@KTRKHouston
From David Nuno at Texans practice...JJWatt injured. More details when we get them. #Texans

Action 4 Sports ‏@action4sports
Injuries continue at Texans training camp: 3rd rd draft pick Brandon Brooks, G-Miami (OH), was taken off field by Houston training staff.

I know it's a closed practice, but they are doing live streams at times (which because I'm at work I haven't been watching). Anyone know more about either injury? If they are minor, no worries, but I'd hate to lose Brooks (need the OL depth) and definitely don't want to be without Watt for any period of the regular season...
MidtownMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012   #217
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidtownMikey View Post
Hmmm...

Houston News ‏@KTRKHouston
From David Nuno at Texans practice...JJWatt injured. More details when we get them. #Texans

Action 4 Sports ‏@action4sports
Injuries continue at Texans training camp: 3rd rd draft pick Brandon Brooks, G-Miami (OH), was taken off field by Houston training staff.

I know it's a closed practice, but they are doing live streams at times (which because I'm at work I haven't been watching). Anyone know more about either injury? If they are minor, no worries, but I'd hate to lose Brooks (need the OL depth) and definitely don't want to be without Watt for any period of the regular season...
DAMMIT!!! It's times like these I curse Training Camp and everything it stands for. I was looking forward to THIS!?..

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012   #218
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley
Kubiak: Brandon Brooks has heat issue.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012   #219
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
There's a song behind this Bulls on parade maddness? I hope I never hear it or see the video.

It really doesn't matter to me who supports this dumbass nickname or who doesn't, it won't influence my belief that it's the damndest stupidest nickname ever!
It might be a stupid nickname but the song rocks.

I know you don't want to watch it but check it out. (NSFW)

Rally round the family, with a pocket full of shells.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012   #220
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield
Good news for #Texans fans: Andre Johnson said he has had no problems w/ his injured groin & will probably return Monday
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read