Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012   #181
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official 2012 Training Camp Thread

Quote:
Tomorrow is a big day for #BullsonParade - red zone and dime defense work
Wade Phillips ‏@sonofbum

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012   #182
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
For anyone who has attended practice this week:

What time do you have to get there to get a good seat? I sure as hell don't want to get there at 4:00 AM if I don't have to. Any info would be great!
I got there about 730 on Sat and the bleachers were full, standing room only. But if you stand between the 2 main fields you have a really good view of both.

The Highwaymen
Old 07-31-2012   #183
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
I got there about 730 on Sat and the bleachers were full, standing room only. But if you stand between the 2 main fields you have a really good view of both.
That's where I was planning on going anyways. I stood there 2 years ago and loved it.
Old 07-31-2012   #184
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Quote:
That's where I was planning on going anyways. I stood there 2 years ago and loved it.
Yep. That is where I was on sat & will be tommorrow.

The Highwaymen
Old 07-31-2012   #185
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes, that is the best place to be because you can see drills on both fields. The players sometimes high five the fans as they are running from one field to the other.
Old 07-31-2012   #186
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Kubiak has heaped lot of praise on Posey recently.
Yes. Today especially because reporters asked him about Posey because of flashy play.

Sometimes the questions to Kubiak are about a specific player. Sometimes the questions are open ended an allow Kubiak to name players that stood out to him. I'm sure Posey would have come up today whether reporters brought him up today or not. Really nice catch in the team session.

But please note, just because Kubiak talks about a player doesn't mean he is pointing that guy in particular out as opposed to other guys at the same position. A lot of times he's just being asked about a particular guy.
Old 07-31-2012   #187
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep. That is where I was on sat & will be tommorrow.
First year I went out I sat in the bleachers. There was plenty of room. Came late and found a spot pretty easily.

Last year i almost felt like it was a real game day.

I know it's packed this year for sure. Anyways I say that because I was basically forced into the middle part and I loved every second of it.

By far the best place to be if you really want to see what's going on.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012   #188
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Yes. Today especially because reporters asked him about Posey because of flashy play.

Sometimes the questions to Kubiak are about a specific player. Sometimes the questions are open ended an allow Kubiak to name players that stood out to him. I'm sure Posey would have come up today whether reporters brought him up today or not. Really nice catch in the team session.

But please note, just because Kubiak talks about a player doesn't mean he is pointing that guy in particular out as opposed to other guys at the same position. A lot of times he's just being asked about a particular guy.
He doesn't usually hold back though if he thinks a specific player did not have a good day of practice.
Old 08-01-2012   #189
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak hasn't been as negative as he was when things first got started. I think he was trying to set the tone.

I dont think he'll be doing too much of that from here till the end of the season though. Now is the time to bring it together.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012   #190
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

See y'all out there! If you see a very tall muscular tatted up white guy with a dark haired six year old sitting his shoulders that's me
Old 08-01-2012   #191
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

*sigh*

Quote:
Mark Berman‏@MarkBermanFox26

Texans left tackle Duane Brown left practice this morning after getting ice on his left ankle.
Quote:
John McClain‏@McClain_on_NFL

Duane Brown's left ankle was getting iced. He was carted to Reliant Stadium for x rays.
Old 08-01-2012   #192
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Mercilus looked good. Posey was decent as well as Martin. Didn't notice much about the new Oline guys but Newton was fine playing 1st RT. Will have more thoughts later.
Old 08-01-2012   #193
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield
Veteran leadership: FS Danieal Manning working extra after practice w/ rookie WR DeVier Posey

Key Mart!

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012   #194
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115041 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Veteran leadership: FS Danieal Manning working extra after practice w/ rookie WR DeVier Posey

https://p.twimg.com/AzOPM8fCAAAQuiW.jpg
THATS what I love to see! Mannings leadership has gone really un-noticed.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012   #195
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

It was hot as hell out there! It doesn't help that everyone is packed in like sardines, trying to get the best view. I saw you Texans Chick, but you were talking to a few people and I wasn't going to interrupt. I saw Gary & his mom too. I'm sure I could have seen more than that, but I wouldn't know what anyone looks like, lol. It's not like our avatars are our pictures. My daughter was getting pretty roasted, so we didn't stick around for the rest of the field goals.
Old 08-01-2012   #196
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was hot as hell out there! It doesn't help that everyone is packed in like sardines, trying to get the best view. I saw you Texans Chick, but you were talking to a few people and I wasn't going to interrupt. I saw Gary & his mom too. I'm sure I could have seen more than that, but I wouldn't know what anyone looks like, lol. It's not like our avatars are our pictures. My daughter was getting pretty roasted, so we didn't stick around for the rest of the field goals.
Which is the reason I'm only going to one this season, which was Monday. I've gone to almost all the open practices up until this season. Last year I told myself I wasn't going to go as much. It's just too crowded these days (goes with winning, I reckon). Heck, I chose Monday to go, thinking it'd be less crowded. Pffft! So much for that idea.

They've gotten too big for their practice area
Old 08-01-2012   #197
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Rookie K Randy Bullock just went 9-of-11 on FGs from 44-54 yds. Misses came from 44 (wide R) & 47 (wide L) #Texans

WR Lestar Jean is practicing w/ 2nd-team offense today.

CB Brice McCain is having a great camp. Working as starter w/ Kareem Jackson out. Breaking up passes left & right

P.D. Starr ‏@PHABMK6
Plenty of talk about Jerrell Jackson and their should be. #Texans

I have been talking about TJ since day one of camp. He had a great offseason and it shows on the field. #Texans

Grimes TD run, keep your eye on him #Texans fans. Grimes is better than advertised. Runs well in between the tackles.

Smith giving Cushing some business from the FB position.

Keshawn running with 1st team opposite Walter.

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley
Pro wrestling kind of take down. Louder hits today RT @PHABMK6: Braman with a nice hit on Tate. Caught Him in the air. #Texans

@BigRon281:
Brandon Brooks with some 1st-team action at RG. Arian riight off his butt for a TD from the 5.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012   #198
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

P.D. Starr ‏@PHABMK6
Plenty of talk about Jerrell Jackson and their should be. #Texans [/quote]

Interesting about Jerrell Jackson. He is all legs/arms. Proportionally his legs are ridiculously long.

Loudest hit of today? Kasey Studdard laying someone out in the second level. Didn't see who it was but it lead to some profanity.

Bullock kicked today. No Shayne Graham. Wondering if they get to him tomorrow.

No more end of practice in the bubble. Once again, a lot of wide receivers working after camp. Posey last off the field. He was working extra with Manning. Manning said partly it was because he saw a route on the field in the red zone he wasn't expecting, so he was working with Posey to help himself too.

DBs were ahead of the WRs today. Too many balls hit guys in the hands not being caught. I am not concerned right now. It's a little up down now, but were also seeing a lot of backups at QB/WR. Did like seeing Keshawn Martin running slot. Very distinctive running style.
Old 08-01-2012   #199
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tomorrow is a big day for #BullsonParade - red zone and dime defense work
Quote:
Wade Phillips ‏@sonofbum

Acckkk!! I hate that Bulls on Parade stuff. Does this mean Wade is actually using that now? Was that a quote from him? God, I HATE that stupid nickname.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012   #200
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Acckkk!! I hate that Bulls on Parade stuff. Does this mean Wade is actually using that now? Was that a quote from him? God, I HATE that stupid nickname.
direct quote from Twitter

The Highwaymen

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read