Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012   #161
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official 2012 Training Camp Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Is Jared Crick making any kind of showing, yet??? I see him in the rotation but haven't picked up any chatter on him.
From the small dose I've seen of him it appears he'll need to make adjustments to the way he attacks/takes on blockers. Or, he'll need to gain another 15-20 lbs. To me, he's been easily taken out of plays. It's still early though, but he should not be compared to Watt at all like he was after we drafted him. Two different animals
Old 07-31-2012   #162
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Sidenote: Norris is a freakin monster

That said, this Smith cat appears to have more athletic ability than Norris.
My view? I don't want Smith responsible for protecting Schaub. He's just started playing offense. Now in the NFL. In front of big old stadium. On the road. With all the new guys on the offense this year, my ideal would be:

1 Smith on practice squad as a developmental guy.
2 Norris making the squad as the fullback. Beastly. Full growed man you don't have to worry about.
3 Casey being considered more of a TE option and not taking those 2nd half fullback snaps at all.

All of them wrapped in bubble wrap.
Old 07-31-2012   #163
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

For all the people who were freaking out about Posey, it sounds like he's impressed Kubiak the last couple of days. It was way overblown in OTAs about him not being in elite football shape. Glad he's gotten off to a strong start.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012   #164
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
For all the people who were freaking out about Posey, it sounds like he's impressed Kubiak the last couple of days. It was way overblown in OTAs about him not being in elite football shape. Glad he's gotten off to a strong start.
Yes.

Posey one-on-one seems sharp. Light going on behind his eyes. Says right things. Physically imposing. Working extra after practice. A lot.

Gorgeous catch today way down field from Matt Schaub. Didn't see, but heard he did some other nice catches during 1 on 1s.

I know we get news day by day, but it is important to look at big picture.

I know there is a lot of pressure to get some *name* Wrs to join this group. And it is uncomfortable to have so many guys who might freak in a NFL game because you just never know. But it's good that they have an entire camp to train guys into their kind of players. And it isn't like the rookies are guys from small schools that haven't been in a loud stadium before or haven't experienced pressure. Productive guys from big programs who are going to be trained into the right way for the Texans to do stuff.
Old 07-31-2012   #165
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
My view? I don't want Smith responsible for protecting Schaub. He's just started playing offense. Now in the NFL. In front of big old stadium. On the road. With all the new guys on the offense this year, my ideal would be:

1 Smith on practice squad as a developmental guy.
2 Norris making the squad as the fullback. Beastly. Full growed man you don't have to worry about.
3 Casey being considered more of a TE option and not taking those 2nd half fullback snaps at all.

All of them wrapped in bubble wrap.
Will likely be the case. I do, however, think Smith has the potential (cliche', I know) to be a very good FB. I like Smith's athletic ability, but I'd like to see him add a few more lbs too
Old 07-31-2012   #166
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for all the observations!

I love reading them.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012   #167
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Personally, I would be fine with a Rackers kind of guy. I don't think either of these guys is Janokowski-leg...
Funny piece of trivia you probably know - three kickers hold the record for most FG's over 50 yards in a single game at three and all three have a Texans connection. Rackers did it as a Cardinal but was a Texan. Brown did it as a Texan and Janikowski did it against the Texans.
Old 07-31-2012   #168
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Will likely be the case. I do, however, think Smith has the potential (cliche', I know) to be a very good FB. I like Smith's athletic ability, but I'd like to see him add a few more lbs too
Don't know about that. Smith was going with the 1s. Maybe seeing how he can do.
Old 07-31-2012   #169
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not standing out as being particularly bad/good. Spoke to Seth Payne who said that he'd start watching him more carefully. Seth is watching practices and will be an add on to various 610 shows. If you haven't been listening to them, you are missing out.

Saw Kubiak talking to Crick after practice, asking about his folks as they were walking out of the Bubble. Which doesn't sound like a big deal but with so many players, rookies don't talk much one on one with coach. They have most of their interactions with their position coaches.
I just can't listen to 610. Such a terrible station.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012   #170
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I just can't listen to 610. Such a terrible station.
During camp/post camp, it is worth a listen. They are doing regular interviews with Rick Smith at 8:15. Because they are at camp, they can also grab various players/etc. Post camp today it was very very good.

If they start talking about something dumb, just punch up the other stations. And if all the talk is dumb, that's when I go to NFL Sirius Radio.
Old 07-31-2012   #171
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
During camp/post camp, it is worth a listen. They are doing regular interviews with Rick Smith at 8:15. Because they are at camp, they can also grab various players/etc. Post camp today it was very very good.

If they start talking about something dumb, just punch up the other stations. And if all the talk is dumb, that's when I go to NFL Sirius Radio.
That's the only time I listen now. I still can't stand that Nick guy. His voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

I go satellite at lunch and on way home
Old 07-31-2012   #172
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 240592 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Alan Burge ‏@AlanBurge
Kubiak on Posey: "You could tell in OTAs that he had missed a lot of football, but I see him catching up. I like the way he works." #Texans

Kubiak on DV Posey: "He’s in very good shape and can go all day. He’s on his way. He’s had a good week so far.” #Texans
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012   #173
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's the only time I listen now. I still can't stand that Nick guy. His voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

I go satellite at lunch and on way home
Nick and Innes are hard to handle .

I like Greg Koch and ND Kalu and In the Trenches . In the mornings it's 790 and the big show .
Old 07-31-2012   #174
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Nick and Innes are hard to handle .

I like Greg Koch and ND Kalu and In the Trenches . In the mornings it's 790 and the big show .
Right, me too. I just started the 610 mornings due to training camp. Otherwise, I can't handle them.

Don't get me started on Innes. Good grief, worst ever
Old 07-31-2012   #175
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have a hunch Bullock will endure some "injury" at some point that will land him on the IR.
Yes, yes...but of course.

The strangest things happen to a few guys every year around the final cutdown deadline.
Old 07-31-2012   #176
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not standing out as being particularly bad/good. Spoke to Seth Payne who said that he'd start watching him more carefully. Seth is watching practices and will be an add on to various 610 shows. If you haven't been listening to them, you are missing out.

Saw Kubiak talking to Crick after practice, asking about his folks as they were walking out of the Bubble. Which doesn't sound like a big deal but with so many players, rookies don't talk much one on one with coach. They have most of their interactions with their position coaches.
I'm really pulling for this guy. Before his injury, at Nebraska he was kicking some ass.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012   #177
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 240592 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Some good stuff from Texans Chickon the RG battle, kicking battle, Devier Posey, Key Mart, & more:

Day 4 2012 Texans training camp: Hello Mr. Duane Brown
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012   #178
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Right, me too. I just started the 610 mornings due to training camp. Otherwise, I can't handle them.

Don't get me started on Innes. Good grief, worst ever
The ask Uncle Greg Segment is informative .
Old 07-31-2012   #179
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Alan Burge ‏@AlanBurge
Kubiak on Posey: "You could tell in OTAs that he had missed a lot of football, but I see him catching up. I like the way he works." #Texans

Kubiak on DV Posey: "He’s in very good shape and can go all day. He’s on his way. He’s had a good week so far.” #Texans
Kubiak has heaped lot of praise on Posey recently.
Old 07-31-2012   #180
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

For anyone who has attended practice this week:

What time do you have to get there to get a good seat? I sure as hell don't want to get there at 4:00 AM if I don't have to. Any info would be great!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read