Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2012   #121
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official 2012 Training Camp Thread

Hmm, why did we sign another DE (Mitch King) instead of an ILB? We are pretty thin at ILB.
Old 07-30-2012   #122
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Texans set an attendance record of 5,715 today, breaking the record of 5,012 set Saturday, the first day of practice.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012   #123
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Texans set an attendance record of 5,715 today, breaking the record of 5,012 set Saturday, the first day of practice.
Strange that they break the attendance record on a Monday of all days.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012   #124
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Strange that they break the attendance record on a Monday of all days.
Yikes, I got tickets for Wednesday hoping to avoid the crowds.

Ok, what time do I need to be there and line up to get a seat in the stands?
Old 07-30-2012   #125
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Coaches love RB Jonathan Grimes, an undrafted FA from Bill an Mary. Fits this downhill running style.
Wow, I haven't been around as long as McClain but what's he saying here?

Best I understand, zone blocking (which we run) is cut back lanes and man blocking is downhill running.
Old 07-30-2012   #126
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

P.D. Starr ‏@PHABMK6
Forsett is serious. Very patient

Kubiaks telling Forsett Hell of a job. Bright spot for the O. #Texans

Forsett is a natural in this offense. Nice run once again. #Texans

Coaches love RB Jonathan Grimes, an undrafted FA from Bill an Mary. Fits this downhill running style.
Thank you for posting this ^^^^.

That's very encouraging to learn Forsett is already doing things right at this early stage.

Gonna be fun watching Grimes and Forsett battle it out in camp and in preseason.
Old 07-30-2012   #127
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
(on RB Justin Forsett making plays in practice) “It was impressive. I told the team. You guys see it. What a pro. He comes out here, he can go all day. Very impressive in his work habits, knows what we’re doing. Those are the kind of guys you’re looking for to make you better. He let everybody on this team know today he plans on being here. That was an impressive practice.”
Kubiak's actual quote about Forsett today. I'm very encouraged about this. I said when we signed him that he had potential to fit very well in this offense. More talented Moats and Moats showed at times he could be pretty good in this scheme. Add in Forsett's value as a kickoff returner and we possibly may have struck gold. You can never have too may weapons!
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012   #128
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
P.D. Starr ‏@PHABMK6
Kicking happening now. Graham has much better leg strength than Bullock. #Texans
When did Shayne Graham acquire this leg strength? He's 7 for 14 in 50+ yard FGs over 11 seasons, and hasn't attempted a 50 yarder since 2007.
Old 07-30-2012   #129
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 66263 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
Wow, I haven't been around as long as McClain but what's he saying here?

Best I understand, zone blocking (which we run) is cut back lanes and man blocking is downhill running.
downhill running: not Reggie Bush dancing around. Make one cut then get up field.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012   #130
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Yikes, I got tickets for Wednesday hoping to avoid the crowds.

Ok, what time do I need to be there and line up to get a seat in the stands?
I'm taking off work and bringing my daughter on Wednesday. I'm thinking we're going to try to get there at about 6:00. The lots open at 4, so that may still be too late. Anyone know about bringing in water? Like can I bring in a small igloo?
Old 07-30-2012   #131
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Rep Power: 66263 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I'm taking off work and bringing my daughter on Wednesday. I'm thinking we're going to try to get there at about 6:00. The lots open at 4, so that may still be too late. Anyone know about bringing in water? Like can I bring in a small igloo?
Each person can bring in one water bottle.

The Highwaymen
Old 07-30-2012   #132
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
Each person can bring in one water bottle.
Can it be a 1 liter bottle?
Old 07-30-2012   #133
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
Can it be a 1 liter bottle?
that is what I had Sat; they checked my bag at front gate and didnt say anything.

The Highwaymen
Old 07-30-2012   #134
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
that is what I had Sat; they checked my bag at front gate and didnt say anything.
Cool man, thanks.
Old 07-30-2012   #135
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll tell ya, this heat is something else. I'm no pro-athlete but I stay in decent shape, I've been trying to hit it hard lately and I come to about an hour and a half and I hit a wall where I have little choice but to stop and go inside to cool down. That these guys can go hard all day, ability/results aside, it's impressive. I always get a kick out of the talk of heat in Houston, TX. It's real!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012   #136
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

a little bit more training camp stuff from others that was at the practice

from inthebullseye messageboard
http://www.inthebullseye.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1513
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012   #137
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
When did Shayne Graham acquire this leg strength? He's 7 for 14 in 50+ yard FGs over 11 seasons, and hasn't attempted a 50 yarder since 2007.
But....but....John McClain said so!

I 100% do not know how that man has a job today.

I will take accuracy under 50 yards all day long rather than worrying about 50+ yardage. At that distance, it's a challenge no matter the "leg" on a kicker...the trajectory of the ball is lower as it goes over the LOS, block rate goes up...kickers tend to leave it up anyway.
Old 07-30-2012   #138
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
This is my surprise of the offseason.

Last day of minicamp, Graham put on a kicking show. CRUSHING IT. Long kicks in front of everybody that would have been good for 60. Bullock looked iffy. It was the only day during that time that they kicked in front of everybody.

Today was the first day of kicking in front of fans/media. They didn't do the long kicks but the kicks were going over the net and into the Teal Lot. I was worried they were going to mess up people's cars.

Today they looked about even to me. Making kicks. But they didn't do any long ones.

But anyone who thinks this is going to be given to Bullock because he was drafted hasn't been listening to Kubiak. He's made clear it will be a competition. I'm not sure he's comfortable giving this to a rookie.
Old 07-30-2012   #139
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

That makes me wonder has a kicker ever been placed on practice squad? And would it even make sense to do that?
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012   #140
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
That makes me wonder has a kicker ever been placed on practice squad? And would it even make sense to do that?
If the Texans took Graham, I can't imagine another team wanting Bullock. But the Texans getting a relationship with Bullock now might now might not be a bad thing. Young kickers sometimes float around for a while before they catch on.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read