Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-29-2012   #21
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training Camp Live: AJ left practice

I said months ago that we need to sign a vet who can actually make plays on the field. These Bryant Johnson type signings don't accomplish that. The reality is AJ is most likely going to miss some regular season games and the team is going to count on KW being our best wideout again? I've gained confidence in the front office the past few years, but this is one area where their stubbornness is getting the best of them. Bite the bullet and get a real, quality wideout in here. There are 3 guys who come to mind immediately. Any one of those guys i'll be happy with.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #22
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Braylon Edwards
Patrick Crayton
Mark Clayton
Plaxico Burress

Not a lot of good FA options out there. I could consider Clayton. Edwards was injured last year. Crayton was iffy. Burress is solely a red zone target at this point.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #23
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1008 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I keep having this sinking feeling the AJ era is over....... and this does not help.

I hope I am wrong and just over-reacting.

Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #24
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_Fanatic View Post
I keep having this sinking feeling the AJ era is over....... and this does not help.

I hope I am wrong and just over-reacting.
I don't know if you're wrong. But, I do know you are overreacting. It's just a slight groin pull that Johnson probably would have played through, had it been a regular season game.
Old 07-29-2012   #25
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I don't know if you're wrong. But, I do know you are overreacting. It's just a slight groin pull that Johnson probably would have played through, had it been a regular season game.
You're right: it is just a groin! Almost every player experiences this at some point and even multiple times, but are able to perform fine.. but seeing who it is and how many problems they've had with their legs the past couple of seasons it's not a complete overreaction...we'll see...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #26
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont think AJ will miss any games but that being said. Doesnt the guy train during the off season. I hope this opens up the front office's eyes to our need for a good vet that will get the job done in case AJ isnt ready. Does anyone know how our rooks are progressing? What is the WR depth chart look like so far? KW is still our number 2 so far right?
ATRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #27
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, Kubiak didn't seem overly alarmed, and if it was really really bad, he wouldn't have likely stood with teammates for the rest of practice.

They are being super careful with him. As you would want.

Before that, he looked very AJ.

The way I'm thinking about this year is system offense. If you have AJ it is gravy and all is well in the world. They just need to learn up the youngins fast.

Schaub doesn't do the indoor turf practices. Walter gathered the young receivers after practice and took them outside to be with Schaub after the closed part of the practice.
Old 07-29-2012   #28
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Yeah, Kubiak didn't seem overly alarmed, and if it was really really bad, he wouldn't have likely stood with teammates for the rest of practice.

They are being super careful with him. As you would want.

Before that, he looked very AJ.

The way I'm thinking about this year is system offense. If you have AJ it is gravy and all is well in the world. They just need to learn up the youngins fast.

Schaub doesn't do the indoor turf practices. Walter gathered the young receivers after practice and took them outside to be with Schaub after the closed part of the practice.
I think a system offense can work in certain situations where you have sub-par receivers but it doesn't happen often. The Patriots were able to win for years without a truly great wideout. Troy Brown and Branch were probably their best receivers during their championship era, but they also have a top 5 all time QB.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #29
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

Schaub doesn't do the indoor turf practices.....
Sorry if I've missed it, but do you know how long they plan to keep it that way? Obviously there is a concern with the turf and his foot, just wondering about a time-frame or any other comments you have on that...

Old 07-29-2012   #30
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102457 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ will be fine, on the other hand i havent heard of any of our rookies standing out, and jean has looked average at best
Old 07-29-2012   #31
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
AJ will be fine, on the other hand i havent heard of any of our rookies standing out, and jean has looked average at best
It might be too early to make assessments on the WRs not named Andre Johnson and Kevin Walter. At least after two abbreviated practices. Let's wait until they've had 3 or even 4 practices.
Old 07-29-2012   #32
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Have heard Martin has made a good impression...

Old 07-29-2012   #33
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263877 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it's an over reaction at all to be worried about the health of AJ and/or Schaub. They are major concerns. The QB and WR positions on our team are tenuous and the slightest little thing going wrong makes both positions a major cause of concern.

We are in very good shape in the RB position, pretty good at TE, probably OK on the line, but the QB and WR positions can go from good to disastrous at the drop of a hat.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #34
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah....and Brian Cushing had to be streched out during practice too......with a trainer.......wonder if he was cramping?
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #35
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

They should have a "perimeter" around Schaub......if you get within 5 feet a alarm goes off...."Back off now".....lol
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #36
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
They should have a "perimeter" around Schaub......if you get within 5 feet a alarm goes off...."Back off now".....lol
let's make it five "yards"! If Schaub's under center, defense lines up four yards off ball...

Old 07-29-2012   #37
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
Sorry if I've missed it, but do you know how long they plan to keep it that way? Obviously there is a concern with the turf and his foot, just wondering about a time-frame or any other comments you have on that...
They don't a lot of the vets on the turf who have had injury histories--like Schaub, Daniels, Barwin. They give extra work to young guys. Mercilus is benefiting from this, for example. They don't do that much work inside anyways. Most done outdoors. Basically, if a guy knows his job, they don't want him inside on the turf.
Old 07-29-2012   #38
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
It might be too early to make assessments on the WRs not named Andre Johnson and Kevin Walter. At least after two abbreviated practices. Let's wait until they've had 3 or even 4 practices.
Yes.

This.

About a lot of guys.
Old 07-29-2012   #39
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

HOUSTON -- Houston Texans receiver Andre Johnson left Sunday morning's practice with a pulled groin muscle, but coach Gary Kubiak says the injury doesn't appear significant.
Johnson missed nine games last season with hamstring injuries and was sidelined from the first organized team activities in the spring after arthroscopic surgery on his left knee. The five-time Pro Bowl selection started Sunday morning's practice and pulled up during a one-on-one drill.
"We don't think it's anything significant," Kubiak said. "Obviously, Andre's worked so dang hard to get back and get back on the field full speed, so it's disappointing. But I don't think we're staring at anything significant."
"We'll be smart with him," Kubiak said. "We want him out here as quickly as possible. I'm not too concerned, from what I'm hearing."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...eaves-practice
ESPN already all over this story. Will it move the odds in Vegas ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #40
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read