Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012   #1
HFD_Chase
Rookie
 
HFD_Chase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 0 HFD_Chase is ridin' the pine
Default Questions about Saturdays Training Camp

I just got some VIP tickets for the training camp on Saturday. I've never been to one of these so I was wondering what to expect. Should I bring something to get autographed or stick to just a camera? Does the "VIP" on the tickets actually mean anything or is it the same as all the other tickets? If I should expect some autographs any ideas of what I should pick up to bring for that? Also, it says gates open at 7 but it starts at 8. Does that mean I need to be there at 7?

Thanks for any answers guys. I'm pretty excited!
HFD_Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012   #2
disaacks3
Site Contributor
 
disaacks3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Spring, TX
Section: 116 - Row M
Age: 45
Posts: 10,468
Rep Power: 120726 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Questions about Saturdays Training Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFD_Chase View Post
I just got some VIP tickets for the training camp on Saturday. I've never been to one of these so I was wondering what to expect. Should I bring something to get autographed or stick to just a camera? Does the "VIP" on the tickets actually mean anything or is it the same as all the other tickets? If I should expect some autographs any ideas of what I should pick up to bring for that? Also, it says gates open at 7 but it starts at 8. Does that mean I need to be there at 7?

Thanks for any answers guys. I'm pretty excited!
In my experience, the Texans have had multiple levels of VIP over the years. Likely you will get "preferred" seating, more towards the middle and potential better access for player autographs. Honestly, I've gotten more autographs there by just standing on the sides of the fenced-off walkway and some players stop, while other will if you call their name.

I would DEFINITELY bring something to get signed, be it a jersey, football, or whatnot. Get there when the gates open (7a) to catch players for signature BEFORE they get hot & tired.
__________________
D.B. - That sounds like a nugget of reality wrapped in a layer of embellished hyperbole.
disaacks3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012   #3
KEO
TEXANS BABY!!!!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Blue Lot
Section: 122 C
Age: 34
Posts: 26
Rep Power: 0 KEO is a quality contributor and well respectedKEO is a quality contributor and well respectedKEO is a quality contributor and well respectedKEO is a quality contributor and well respectedKEO is a quality contributor and well respectedKEO is a quality contributor and well respectedKEO is a quality contributor and well respectedKEO is a quality contributor and well respectedKEO is a quality contributor and well respectedKEO is a quality contributor and well respectedKEO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to KEO
Default Re: Questions about Saturdays Training Camp

I've been to many TC dates in the past, and VIP once. The only difference when I was in VIP was that we sat and watched the players in a covered area. This area also has juice, water, breakfast. Other than that the experience is the same, but you stay out of the heat which is a huge plus. Enjoy your visit
__________________
I'm on twitter @KEOspeedwagon
KEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012   #4
edo783
Site Contributor
 
edo783's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Houston, again.
Posts: 7,706
Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Questions about Saturdays Training Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEO View Post
I've been to many TC dates in the past, and VIP once. The only difference when I was in VIP was that we sat and watched the players in a covered area. This area also has juice, water, breakfast. Other than that the experience is the same, but you stay out of the heat which is a huge plus. Enjoy your visit
This. Other than the eats, you pretty much just get to avoid the massive sunburn that can come with camp. IMO, the players SEEM to make more of an effort to swing by the regular seating area more, but ya might have a bit more time with the bigger named players.
__________________


De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012   #5
HFD_Chase
Rookie
 
HFD_Chase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 0 HFD_Chase is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Questions about Saturdays Training Camp

Awesome, I appreciate all the replies. I'll have to stroll by Academy later to see what I can pick up for autographs. I have a Texans logo that was made for me out of wood that might be pretty cool to get signed so if I don't find anything I might bring that. The only jerseys I have are a Demeco (RIP) and an old number 8 that some other dude used to wear before Schaub.
HFD_Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator
 
infantrycak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 47
Posts: 46,338
Rep Power: 331852 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Questions about Saturdays Training Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFD_Chase View Post
Awesome, I appreciate all the replies. I'll have to stroll by Academy later to see what I can pick up for autographs. I have a Texans logo that was made for me out of wood that might be pretty cool to get signed so if I don't find anything I might bring that. The only jerseys I have are a Demeco (RIP) and an old number 8 that some other dude used to wear before Schaub.
Academy typically carries a Texans logo football which is half white and made specifically for getting autographs.
__________________
The Art of War
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012   #7
HFD_Chase
Rookie
 
HFD_Chase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 0 HFD_Chase is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Questions about Saturdays Training Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Academy typically carries a Texans logo football which is half white and made specifically for getting autographs.
Nice, I'll check it out. I have a Texans football right now but it's from the inaugural season so it wouldn't make sense for any of these guys to sign it.
HFD_Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger