Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-26-2012   #1
HFD_Chase
Rookie

Default Questions about Saturdays Training Camp

I just got some VIP tickets for the training camp on Saturday. I've never been to one of these so I was wondering what to expect. Should I bring something to get autographed or stick to just a camera? Does the "VIP" on the tickets actually mean anything or is it the same as all the other tickets? If I should expect some autographs any ideas of what I should pick up to bring for that? Also, it says gates open at 7 but it starts at 8. Does that mean I need to be there at 7?

Thanks for any answers guys. I'm pretty excited!
HFD_Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012   #2
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 120726 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Questions about Saturdays Training Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFD_Chase View Post
I just got some VIP tickets for the training camp on Saturday. I've never been to one of these so I was wondering what to expect. Should I bring something to get autographed or stick to just a camera? Does the "VIP" on the tickets actually mean anything or is it the same as all the other tickets? If I should expect some autographs any ideas of what I should pick up to bring for that? Also, it says gates open at 7 but it starts at 8. Does that mean I need to be there at 7?

Thanks for any answers guys. I'm pretty excited!
In my experience, the Texans have had multiple levels of VIP over the years. Likely you will get "preferred" seating, more towards the middle and potential better access for player autographs. Honestly, I've gotten more autographs there by just standing on the sides of the fenced-off walkway and some players stop, while other will if you call their name.

I would DEFINITELY bring something to get signed, be it a jersey, football, or whatnot. Get there when the gates open (7a) to catch players for signature BEFORE they get hot & tired.
Old 07-26-2012   #3
KEO
TEXANS BABY!!!!

Section: 122 C
Rep Power: 0 KEO is a quality contributor and well respectedKEO is a quality contributor and well respectedKEO is a quality contributor and well respectedKEO is a quality contributor and well respectedKEO is a quality contributor and well respectedKEO is a quality contributor and well respectedKEO is a quality contributor and well respectedKEO is a quality contributor and well respectedKEO is a quality contributor and well respectedKEO is a quality contributor and well respectedKEO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to KEO

I've been to many TC dates in the past, and VIP once. The only difference when I was in VIP was that we sat and watched the players in a covered area. This area also has juice, water, breakfast. Other than that the experience is the same, but you stay out of the heat which is a huge plus. Enjoy your visit
Old 07-26-2012   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEO View Post
I've been to many TC dates in the past, and VIP once. The only difference when I was in VIP was that we sat and watched the players in a covered area. This area also has juice, water, breakfast. Other than that the experience is the same, but you stay out of the heat which is a huge plus. Enjoy your visit
This. Other than the eats, you pretty much just get to avoid the massive sunburn that can come with camp. IMO, the players SEEM to make more of an effort to swing by the regular seating area more, but ya might have a bit more time with the bigger named players.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012   #5
HFD_Chase
Rookie

Awesome, I appreciate all the replies. I'll have to stroll by Academy later to see what I can pick up for autographs. I have a Texans logo that was made for me out of wood that might be pretty cool to get signed so if I don't find anything I might bring that. The only jerseys I have are a Demeco (RIP) and an old number 8 that some other dude used to wear before Schaub.
Old 07-27-2012   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331852 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFD_Chase View Post
Awesome, I appreciate all the replies. I'll have to stroll by Academy later to see what I can pick up for autographs. I have a Texans logo that was made for me out of wood that might be pretty cool to get signed so if I don't find anything I might bring that. The only jerseys I have are a Demeco (RIP) and an old number 8 that some other dude used to wear before Schaub.
Academy typically carries a Texans logo football which is half white and made specifically for getting autographs.
Old 07-27-2012   #7
HFD_Chase
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Academy typically carries a Texans logo football which is half white and made specifically for getting autographs.
Nice, I'll check it out. I have a Texans football right now but it's from the inaugural season so it wouldn't make sense for any of these guys to sign it.
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read