Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-24-2012   #141
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RUMOR: Dwight Jones WR quit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I don't think we're "holding out hope". Like PN said, we're likely taking precautions and blocking him from choosing another team.

Dude quit before even getting started. Maybe he just chose a different path? Who knows? I'd pass either way
Don't care. We own the rights to him and I expect the Texans to follow through with him. Just don't give him up for free just because he's having a temper tantrum.
Old 07-24-2012   #142
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 107472 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Don't care. We own the rights to him and I expect the Texans to follow through with him. Just don't give him up for free just because he's having a temper tantrum.
They've put him on the reserve/did not report list. They're doing their part.

I'm just stating my opinion. Which is, me don't want
Old 07-24-2012   #143
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are doing the right thing, they're putting the screws to him by holding onto him so that he can't sign with anyone else. Hopefully he's in our last list of cuts so that other teams rosters get solidified making it to late to pick him up since he wouldn't have the time to learn another teams offensive scheme. All of this under the disguise of leaving the door open for him to return, makes us look good.

I'm thinking he'll be headed to Canada, and maybe he'll learn a lesson from all this.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #144
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 46635 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

If he was smart he would just show up....maybe Arian should reach out to him and give him some advice, since he traveled a rocky road to stay on this team
Old 07-24-2012   #145
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218620 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
The Texans are doing the right thing, they're putting the screws to him by holding onto him so that he can't sign with anyone else. Hopefully he's in our last list of cuts so that other teams rosters get solidified making it to late to pick him up since he wouldn't have the time to learn another teams offensive scheme. All of this under the disguise of leaving the door open for him to return, makes us look good.

I'm thinking he'll be headed to Canada, and maybe he'll learn a lesson from all this.
Seems a bit childish to me.

When it's all said & done, there's only one winner in this league. That means every other team is the enemy. Why not let them deal with him & waste their time. & if he ever makes it on the field against our squad..... then it's time to let him know how we really feel.
Old 07-24-2012   #146
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

What you guys are saying doesn't make any sense to me. I really doubt the texans would hold onto this guy just out of spite.

He's an udfa with red flags that quit at the beginning of camp. I doubt teams would be rushing to sign him. And it'd hurt him a lot more to just erase him from memory and keep his name out of any kind of news.

My guess is that they are sincere in their actions and words.

For all we know the guy could be going through something deeply personal and the team understood that he wasn't in a place where he could focus on football. So they give him a pardon and save him a spot.

I understand why you guys minds' would automatically assume negative, but to me, it doesn't add up.

Lip service and straight up lying just to keep a guy that would struggle to find work anyways from going to another team? Yeah, not buying that.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012   #147
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 234554 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see it as a spite thing.

I see it as a "they think the kid is talented but mentally confused" thing. I see it as they think he might be trying to find a higher bidder for his services.

But the bottom line is at this point, it doesn't cost them anything to keep his rights so they might as well hold on to them as long as possible. You never know when something unexpected is going to happen and you might as well keep all your options opened.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012   #148
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I don't see it as a spite thing.

I see it as a "they think the kid is talented but mentally confused" thing. I see it as they think he might be trying to find a higher bidder for his services.

But the bottom line is at this point, it doesn't cost them anything to keep his rights so they might as well hold on to them as long as possible. You never know when something unexpected is going to happen and you might as well keep all your options opened.
I just can't imagine that they'd hold onto him to keep him from another team. Seems like theyre doing him a favor rather than a disservice.
Old 07-25-2012   #149
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I just can't imagine that they'd hold onto him to keep him from another team. Q
I could see the Titans picking him up just to spite us. The ravens, who knows what they would do after picking up Jacoby.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012   #150
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
I could see the Titans picking him up just to spite us. The ravens, who knows what they would do after picking up Jacoby.
Ok, well we will see because we can't hold onto him forever. If he's seriously thinking about another team and a team has expressed interest in him privately, it'll happen. He'll get another look at some point.
Old 07-25-2012   #151
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218620 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
& what will that prove?

Either they'll waste their time & a roster spot on him (instead of investing it in someone with a future) or they'll prove that our staff doesn't know how to "handle" or "treat" people.

Either way, it really doesn't matter.

If our team has no use for him, they should just let him go. But like Rey, I think he's still on the roster because they think he's worth it & just needs some time to clear his head.
Old 07-25-2012   #152
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
What you guys are saying doesn't make any sense to me. I really doubt the texans would hold onto this guy just out of spite.

He's an udfa with red flags that quit at the beginning of camp. I doubt teams would be rushing to sign him. And it'd hurt him a lot more to just erase him from memory and keep his name out of any kind of news.

My guess is that they are sincere in their actions and words.

For all we know the guy could be going through something deeply personal and the team understood that he wasn't in a place where he could focus on football. So they give him a pardon and save him a spot. I understand why you guys minds' would automatically assume negative, but to me, it doesn't add up.

Lip service and straight up lying just to keep a guy that would struggle to find work anyways from going to another team? Yeah, not buying that.
This is my feeling. Does not cost Texans anything and he could be salvaged if that is correct word. As fans we think NFL athlete playing a game & making more money than us at the UDFA level, he sucks. We might not know everything.
Many of us are quick to make sure a person is innocent until proven guilty, but others jump to guilty pretty quickly.
Old 07-25-2012   #153
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 268260 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Everything I've read on DJ from high school on predicted his quitting. Texans feel they don't need to max out the newly expanded rosters. The guy is on the books, out of the game, and a waste of time at this point. We've got rooks locked & loaded ready to fight for a spot. Let's focus on them.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read