Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-24-2012   #1
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 5981 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default SIAB's update

As many of you may of noticed. I have not been as active as i would like.
I am currently busy trying to get a job. I also have decided to go after a degree in graphic designing. I plan on going to LoneStar for the basics next year. I am not holding off on my degree. I am studying to try to hopefully get a higher total score on my GED. I am hopefull that I will be able to get a much higher score, and I am hopeing. That I will be able to get scholarship. Because I wish to get into a beter school. Lonestar is a great start, but I know I can do much beter. I plan on trying to go to Sam Houston State University.

I also been pushing my self to get into better shape. I was not happy with myself. I was sick all the time, and it hurt to move. I decided on newyears. That I will run in the Texans 5k race. I started working out on Jan 1st and i weighed in at 267lb. My goal is to be at 220 by next year.

As of today. I am doing so much beter. I am currently at 233 lbs. I pushed my self today to the max. I was seeing if i can do 3 miles in ease. I shocked my self as I passed the 3 mile spot with ease, so i decided to keep going.
I ended up running 4.25 miles in less then a hour.

One last update.

My birthday is off for some reason on this account. I turned 18 on July 7th

I dont care, if I did not write everything correct. I have done alot to approve my self and I have shown everyone what I can do. I came on to say hi to every one and give every one a update to thoughs who care. I may fix this thread tonight, If i have the time.

Your freind
Brandon / SIAB
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #2
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SIAB's update

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouSportsWriter View Post
I am currently busy trying to get a job. I also have decided to go after a degree in graphic designing. I plan on going to LoneStar for the basics next year. I am not holding off on my degree. I am studying to try to hopefully get a higher total score on my GED. I am hopefull that I will be able to get a much higher score, and I am hopeing. That I will be able to get scholarship. Because I wish to get into a beter school. Lonestar is a great start, but I know I can do much beter. I plan on trying to go to Sam Houston State University.

I also been pushing my self to get into better shape. I was not happy with myself. I was sick all the time, and it hurt to move. I decided on newyears. That I will run in the Texans 5k race. I started working out on Jan 1st and i weighed in at 267lb. My goal is to be at 220 by next year.

As of today. I am doing so much beter. I am currently at 233 lbs. I pushed my self today to the max. I was seeing if i can do 3 miles in ease. I shocked my self as I passed the 3 mile spot with ease, so i decided to keep going.

One last update.

My birthday is off for some reason on this account. I turned 18 on July 7th

I dont care, if I did not write everything correct. I have done alot to approve my self and I have shown everyone what I can do. I came on to say hi to every one and give every one a update to thoughs who care. I may fix this thread tonight, If i have the time.

Your freind
Brandon / SIAB
Congrats Brandon,

You should be very proud.

Keep on pushing for your dreams.

BTW, your spelling has gotten much better.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #3
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats on setting goals for yourself and working hard towards achieving them.

I went to Sam Houston State University and loved it. Hopefully you'll get the chance to experience what they have to offer.

I think it's great that you're also working on getting into better shape. There is a workout/healthy thread in the other section, just a little FYI. You should check it out sometime. It's full of great advice and words of encouragement when you need that little extra push.

Again, good luck in acheiving your goals.
Old 07-24-2012   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Great job dude .

As far as running and being in shape , it's all relative .

http://fastandfuriousfootball.com/wp...s%20Speech.htm

Short version .

Quote:
]Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle — victorious."
Old 07-24-2012   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

One last update.

My birthday is off for

some reason on this account. I turned 18 on July 7th

Your freind
Brandon / SIAB

Stay focused because you've been doing an awesome job!!!!!!!

That said:
Yo, I recently had a Birthday ... Unfortunately I I turned 45..... That freakin' sucks, no???

ALL Jokin' aside, SIAB............. Keep pluggin' along!! I am so proud of you!!!
Old 07-24-2012   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Brandon,

Tony Dorsett once said "To succeed, you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you." I'm sure, you've gathered those very things from may sources. But, certainly, a little bit of each has come straight from your mates on this MB. You're well on your way. Keep up the good work!.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I decided on newyears. That I will run in the Texans 5k race. I started working out on Jan 1st and i weighed in at 267lb. My goal is to be at 220 by next year.

That's great, Brandon. Keep it up. I run the Running of the Bulls 5K and it's a lot of fun. They have a huge feast after the race on the floor of Reliant and all of the cheerleaders will sign your race shirt. I hope I see you out there.
Old 07-25-2012   #8
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 3571 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

That's awesome man, I'm a SHSU alum myself. Keep your nose to the grindstone at Lonestar, study hard and keep that GPA up and you shouldn't have any trouble transferring.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

You're an inspiration, man.

Most people wouldn't change, but you were determined to make radical changes in your lifestyle.

And now to read that you're in shape and have a goal of running in a 5k??? Wow! Great job!
Old 07-25-2012   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Everyone should be like this.
Old 07-25-2012   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Brandon, just wow, man! Thanks for update and keep on as you are an inspiration. You da man!
Old 07-26-2012   #12
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 44792 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Great goals and drive!
Old 07-26-2012   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

This is great and you've come a long way, but why is this thread in TT?
Old 07-26-2012   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: SIAB's update

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

BTW, your spelling has gotten much better.
Understatement of the week!

Keep it up man!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012   #15
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: SIAB's update

Brandon.....stay motivated....keep up the great work....

I know what your saying....a couple of months ago I started working out again....I swim 5 days a week 2 hours a day....at first i could barely make it 30 min...but now am up to 2 hours.....

I know it is hard somedays to want to workout.....push through it and stay focused.....you can do it....

Again keep up the good work and I hope you exceed your goals........
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read