Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-19-2012   #41
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dez Does Dallas Dirty

That was a good CND and thanks for showing that.

I'm completely empathetic to his situation having to grow up without a REAL mother in his life, and understand how family can cling on to someone after they start making money. I have tons of stories of friends who were in similar situations. Some were fortunate enough to get in the NFL. Some weren't.

The issue with Dez is gonna be when will the cycle stop? I've been involved first hand with having to disassociate from family. Its never an easy thing to do, but he also has some issues that go beyond family. This is likely a turning point for him. He can become the next success story who changed his life around or he can become another statistic. A guy who allowed his upbringing to be used as an excuse for why he can't act right as a man. At this point, his family isn't just costing him money that he's spending directly on them. They're costing him a ton of money in potential income. If he's not able to afford that nice house anymore because he's out of the leaugue where are mom and the other leeches gonna go then?

Last edited by Texn4life; 07-19-2012 at 02:49 AM.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012   #42
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Duplicate..... please delete.

Last edited by Texn4life; 07-19-2012 at 02:48 AM.
Old 07-19-2012   #43
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

now u see why mcnair has a no Bad boy policy on our team LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012   #44
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Some people compartmentalize better than others.

When I see someone on here posting that a person's past is their past and they oughtta' be able to make better decisions NOW...I think what's being lost is that not every person can compartmentalize like others can.

Not every person can lock up the dysfunction and store it away in a box.

For some, they just outwardly manifest the dysfunction. With Terrell Owens, his dysfunction drug of choice is relationships. He doesn't trust people, he backstabs teammates. Dez's problem is obviously that he's unable to break away from hurtful persons. Opposite dysfunctions but the root is the same: A verrrry hurtful childhood where adults were pieces of **** and neglected T.O. and Dez.

Dez needs to hire a 24-7 live-in consultant and motivator who keeps him busy and on time to meetings. Contract that person for one year. There are plenty of single guys who are qualified in sports management or lifestyle management who would easily earn a nice $50k salary to be Dez's lifestyle police.

Otherwise, he'll be a goner in two years.
Old 07-19-2012   #45
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

When I see someone on here posting that a person's past is their past and they oughtta' be able to make better decisions NOW...I think what's being lost is that not every person can compartmentalize like others can.

For some, they just outwardly manifest the dysfunction. With Terrell Owens, his dysfunction drug of choice is relationships. He doesn't trust people, he backstabs teammates. Dez's problem is obviously that he's unable to break away from hurtful persons. Opposite dysfunctions but the root is the same: A verrrry hurtful childhood where adults were pieces of **** and neglected T.O. and Dez.

Dez needs to hire a 24-7 live-in consultant and motivator who keeps him busy and on time to meetings. Contract that person for one year. There are plenty of single guys who are qualified in sports management or lifestyle management who would easily earn a nice $50k salary to be Dez's lifestyle police.

The cowboys already employ a babysiter for him iirc. Also 50k isnt much money if Im working 24/7
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012   #46
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
The cowboys already employ a babysiter for him iirc. Also 50k isnt much money if Im working 24/7
I tried to click on your link to see news about this babysitter that you claim already works for the Cowboys. Maybe you should check your link? Oh that's right, it's just "iirc" and not really a link.

Also, if I'm living with a superstar (no mortgage or rent) and if he's paying my bills and other stuff (groceries) then $50k is a nice starting point.

I'm not exactly doing hard work, I'm just along for the ride and reminding him of things as if I'm a little angel sitting on his shoulder.

Would it work? Only if Dez continued to abide by the agreement. It'd be a long shot, for sure, but hey...he's going to crash and burn if he's left on his own. Might as well try the whole live-in Life Coach thing.
Old 07-19-2012   #47
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I tried to click on your link to see news about this babysitter that you claim already works for the Cowboys. Maybe you should check your link? Oh that's right, it's just "iirc" and not really a link.

Also, if I'm living with a superstar (no mortgage or rent) and if he's paying my bills and other stuff (groceries) then $50k is a nice starting point.

I'm not exactly doing hard work, I'm just along for the ride and reminding him of things as if I'm a little angel sitting on his shoulder.

Would it work? Only if Dez continued to abide by the agreement. It'd be a long shot, for sure, but hey...he's going to crash and burn if he's left on his own. Might as well try the whole live-in Life Coach thing.

Im not sure I can link listening to Mike and Mike in the morning but they were talking about the Cowboys having someone to follow dez around. I also think it is a lot more work than you might think and "living with a superstar" isnt so super if its your job to keep it toned down
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012   #48
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Im not sure I can link listening to Mike and Mike in the morning but they were talking about the Cowboys having someone to follow dez around. I also think it is a lot more work than you might think and "living with a superstar" isnt so super if its your job to keep it toned down
I don't know about with Dez, but the Cowboys did it with Pac Man and it failed miserably.
Old 07-19-2012   #49
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

From March 31, 2011.

Is David Wells Dez Bryant's advisor or enabler?

David Wells continues to be his "mentor."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...nt-with-mother

About his "mentor."

Dez mentor is a felon with friends at Dallas courthouse
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012   #50
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:

You know what GP, that sounds all well and good but you know what that's giving him? A never-ending excuse. This is a common problem in the black community and I really can't stand it. He'll always be able to say, "Well you know I grew up hard and my parents weren't in my life. I don't know how to deal with it."

Like I said before, he can become another statistic who allowed his upbringing to be his downfall like many thousands of others in the black community, or he can use his experiences to provide strength to him in life and overcome those things. Only he can control this because a live in babysitter won't be on the sideline when he's being disruptive with teammates. A live in babysitter won't stop him from getting into fights in the club. I wish the best for the guy, but these excuses will stick with him and he'll continue to use them as long as people keep allowing him to.
Old 07-22-2012   #51
kwayshauntay
Veteran

Rep Power: 833 kwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respected

So his mom is 37 years old? Fascinating.
kwayshauntay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012   #52
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
You know what GP, that sounds all well and good but you know what that's giving him? A never-ending excuse. This is a common problem in the black community and I really can't stand it. He'll always be able to say, "Well you know I grew up hard and my parents weren't in my life. I don't know how to deal with it."

Like I said before, he can become another statistic who allowed his upbringing to be his downfall like many thousands of others in the black community, or he can use his experiences to provide strength to him in life and overcome those things. Only he can control this because a live in babysitter won't be on the sideline when he's being disruptive with teammates. A live in babysitter won't stop him from getting into fights in the club. I wish the best for the guy, but these excuses will stick with him and he'll continue to use them as long as people keep allowing him to.
I only said what I said because a team invested millions of dollars into the guy. Dez himself is also needing to do what's best for Dez.

If he could swallow his pride and admit he needs help, he could become a better person AND the player the Cowboys want him to be.

I'm not saying it's right. I'm only saying it makes financial sense for both Dez and the Cowboys to find a solution to the never-ending drama. They drafted him, he's their headache, I just think there's room to at least try something innovative like hiring a full-time mentor for him.

Again: In real life, I agree with you. But this isn't real life. This is NFL. It's huge money. Why wouldn't all parties to the problem sit down and find a way to make the best of it? I would.
Old 07-22-2012   #53
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Jason Witten, who I consider one of the Cowboys' more adirable players, while growing up was part of a family with extreme dysfunction and violence. So has that turned out? He started the Jason Witten SCORE Foundation. His foundation has worked to educate and combat domestic violence. It is considered one of the largest and most impactful foundations among NFL players. He founded this organization in 2007.........at age 25.
Old 07-24-2012   #54
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Authorities: Cowboys WR's mother doesn't want to pursue case
Old 07-24-2012   #55
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Oh, wow, could have knocked me over with a feather. If he hasn't done so already, Dez needs to sign over the deed to that house, send a monthly allowance, and stay as far away from DeSoto as possible, emergencies included. I shutter to think of his life taking the direction of Clayton Holmes.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012   #56
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Dez and Mom have news conference and say nothing happened. This scares me even more because you don't want the cycle of love/hate to keep spinning. Who knows what this family dynamic is....

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...ews-conference
Old 07-25-2012   #57
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Dez and Mom have news conference and say nothing happened. This scares me even more because you don't want the cycle of love/hate to keep spinning. Who knows what this family dynamic is....

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...ews-conference
"Nothing happened" tells the whole story. The cycle will now have been allowed to continue......inside and outside the family. Rest assured that you will hear Dez's name called again............and it will not necessarily be from the field.
Old 07-25-2012   #58
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"Nothing happened" tells the whole story. The cycle will now have been allowed to continue......inside and outside the family. Rest assured that you will hear Dez's name called again............and it will not necessarily be from the field.
I hope that you're wrong, not just because he's a Cowboy, but anybody with an opportunity to live their dreams only to get them derailed due to family dynamics.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012   #59
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hopefully it won't continue. I think deep down...at least the way I'm thinking..it comes down to a guy who loves his Mom(though if physical hitting took place, then that isn't a loving act) and wants to help her but she doesn't want to listen or change so he tries to force his will and, like an abusive married couple, you get these highs and lows. It would be best if he works on himself, lets her do her thing and supports her from afar. The hard part from the outside is knowing if there is physical abuse, is it a game, etc. Without knowing the reality of it, no one will step in.
Old 07-25-2012   #60
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Jason Garrett suggests Dez Bryant needs counseling

Ya think, Jason? How 'bout before this last of a string incidents?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read