Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-13-2012   #61
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A LeSTAR (Jean) is born

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I want to see the circus catch he made from Yates. It was like a crazy one handed grab while leaping about 30 feet into the air or something.

I wonder if I still have that jets game on my DVR...hmmm........
Jean only had two receptions in the Jets game (and all of last years preseason for that matter). Those two clips show both of them.
Old 06-13-2012   #62
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I want to see the circus catch he made from Yates. It was like a crazy one handed grab while leaping about 30 feet into the air or something.

I wonder if I still have that jets game on my DVR...hmmm........
GP, I think you may be thinking of Dorin Dickerson's leaping catch on the sidelines VS. the Bucs the PS prior.

Is this the one you were talking about?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012   #63
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
GP, I think you may be thinking of Dorin Dickerson's leaping catch on the sidelines VS. the Bucs the PS prior.

Is this the one you were talking about?
That was the catch that made me think that Dorin was going to be a huge steal.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012   #64
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
That was the catch that made me think that Dorin was going to be a huge steal.
Likewise. Then he just up and quit the Steelers. Wonder if anyone's heard anything else about him?

Old 06-13-2012   #65
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Likewise. Then he just up and quit the Steelers. Wonder if anyone's heard anything else about him?
He's currently on the 90 man roster for the Bills.
Old 06-13-2012   #66
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
He's currently on the 90 man roster for the Bills.
Cool CT, thanks for the update. Know if he's listed as WR or TE?

Old 06-13-2012   #67
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
cool ct, thanks for the update. Know if he's listed as wr or te?
wr. Listed at 6'2' 227lbs.
Old 07-23-2012   #68
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
Does anyone know where I can find highlights of the jets preseason game where jean had some nice catches. All the highlights I have found don't show his receptions
I found highlights of a couple of his catches over Aaron Williams (UT) who was drafted @ #34 by the Bills but forgot all about them.

Here they are, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mihM5auuXx0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=887AId4MLWA
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012   #69
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71024 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I found highlights of a couple of his catches over Aaron Williams (UT) who was drafted @ #34 by the Bills but forgot all about them.

Here they are, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mihM5auuXx0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=887AId4MLWA
the boy def has the drive and potential. Plus the kind of personality that our coaches love. i see him as the #2 WR by seasons end
Old 07-23-2012   #70
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I looked back throughout this thread and didn't see this video of Jean's 2010 highlights. Watching it makes me that more convinced that there is an excellent chance that we have found a true #2 WR that could slide into the #1 position if need be eventually.

VIDEO
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #71
Cutblock
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Cutblock is a quality contributor and well respectedCutblock is a quality contributor and well respectedCutblock is a quality contributor and well respectedCutblock is a quality contributor and well respectedCutblock is a quality contributor and well respectedCutblock is a quality contributor and well respectedCutblock is a quality contributor and well respectedCutblock is a quality contributor and well respectedCutblock is a quality contributor and well respectedCutblock is a quality contributor and well respectedCutblock is a quality contributor and well respected

Watching that video, I liked the way he catches the ball in traffic and how he can adjust to underthrown balls. Seems to be a heady player. Sort of a young Kevin Walter.
Cutblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #72
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutblock View Post
Watching that video, I liked the way he catches the ball in traffic and how he can adjust to underthrown balls. Seems to be a heady player. Sort of a young Kevin Walter.
After watching this young man's interview (below), I really have a great feeling..........really like him...........

............and once and for all, announcers need to learn the correct pronunciation of his name...............they all seem to mutilate it..............HEAR IT FROM HIS OWN MOUTH.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #73
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
After watching this young man's interview (below), I really have a great feeling..........really like him...........

............and once and for all, announcers need to learn the correct pronunciation of his name...............they all seem to mutilate it..............HEAR IT FROM HIS OWN MOUTH.
You can really tell this kid LOVES football and wants to play. Didn't get recruited out of highschool, had to walk on at Central Florida, worked his way up the team, became a starter, went undrafted, and again working his way up the depth chart. A great example of what hard work, dedication, and a little humility will get you.

Even if he does not make it in football, this young man will be successful in life.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012   #74
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Any one hear a rumor that he quit. Some thing about personal issues? Hope it's just a rumor

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012   #75
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 1808 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
Any one hear a rumor that he quit. Some thing about personal issues? Hope it's just a rumor
Do you have a link to that sir? I've heard no such thing
Old 08-02-2012   #76
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LZ is intimating that, others are not.

Kubiak on Jean: "Personal issue we’re dealing with, hopefully he’s back tomorrow.”
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012   #77
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedTexans View Post
Do you have a link to that sir? I've heard no such thing
No it's tweeter rummor. Alan Burge made a comment on it.

Old 08-02-2012   #78
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...b-587874559cf5

(on WR Lestar Jean’s absence from practice) “He has an excused absence from me. Personal issue we’re dealing with, hopefully he’s back tomorrow.”
Old 08-02-2012   #79
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I mentioned this over in the training camp thread. Kubiak mentioned him as having an excused absence to deal with some personal issues.

I was wondering if there's something going on that's been messing with Lestar's concentration because the past couple of days there have been reports he's dropped some passes he should have made. I hope the kid's OK.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012   #80
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...b-587874559cf5

(on WR Lestar Jean’s absence from practice) “He has an excused absence from me. Personal issue we’re dealing with, hopefully he’s back tomorrow.”
Thanks for link, so I wonder whats going on? So people are just speculating at this point.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read