Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2012   #1
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Another terribly early 2013 Texans mock.

It's 4:30 am and I'm bored at work so I thought I'd throw together a quick mock since no one has done one in a while. This mock is based on keeping Schaub, Barwin, Brown and drafting in the late 20's.

1. Cobi Hamilton-WR from Arkansas, he's currently listed by Walter and CBS as a 2nd round prospect but he'll be a senior and has a very good QB prospect returning. He should be the #1 WR at Arkansas this year and have a big year, I think he moves up. Good size and average speed, lots of SEC experience.

2. Mycah Hyde-CB from Iowa, very good size for a CB in the NFL and good speed. Also good college productivity, and adds some quality depth to the team. You can never have enough good CB's.

3. Sylvester Williams-DT from N.C., this pick might take some luck but I like his size and mobility, good agility for a big man. He'd work in a rotation with Earl Mitchell at NT after Sean Cody leaves due to FA.

3b. Xavier Nixon-OT from Florida, he's a little light weight for the OT position but with his height and age he should be able to add some weight without losing quickness/agility. Butler may be gone after this next season and though the Texans seem high on Newton, Nixon would be the backup/swing OT and it would give him time to add the bulk.

4. Patrick Larimore-ILB from UCLA, quality depth behind Cushing, James, and Dobson or may take the other ILB rotational position away from James or Dobson and alot less expensive.

5. Prentiss Waggner-FS/CB from Tennessee, great size and speed for the position and I like a FS with CB coverage experience.

5b. Quinton Patton-WR from LA Tech, he might move higher with a good year so this pick might take some luck as well but he's currently listed by Walter and CBS in the 5th-7th rounds. Good size, speed, athleticism, ball concentration, field awarness, and doesn't seem afraid of contact.

6. A.J. Francis-DT from Maryland, I like his size and speed. Also has decent college productivity for a DT and Maryland produces some good athletes. Depth on the D-line and plays on jumbo packages, short yardage or goal line plays. Added bulk on the D-line is never a bad thing.

7. BPA, I'm thinking maybe a blocking TE, FB, maybe some depth at OG, RB or WR wouldn't hurt either.

Opinions?

P.S. 0430 hrs. sucks.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read