Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-17-2012   #21
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dez Does Dallas Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
If the TMZ account is correct, there is no way Dez should have behaved in that manner. It's one thing to move her out of the way of a confrontation between two adults, which I don't see anything about the half brother in the latest account, but aggression, in that manner can ever be justified.
I'm seeing that account more and more too Star...at least according to the Mom's 911 call. According to the Star-Telegram see mentioned he wanted to kill her

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/07...-violence.html

Quote:
In an emotional 911 call, the mother of Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant can be heard telling friends that her son “tried to kill me” and that she’s going to “put an end to it today.”
Old 07-17-2012   #22
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 29492 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm 99.9 percent sure that house was purchased by Dez, and he could feel entitled to be there whenever he chooses. Wrong! If he mother is still dealing with issues of her earlier life, he can't fix it, so it is best for everyone involved is for him to turn over the deed if he hasn't already and love her from a distance. If that is the case, perhaps at some point she will get the help needed, and the same goes for Dez to get the help needed to move forward. Family violence will not solve anything.
StarStruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012   #23
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

This just sounds like years and years of anger, by all parties involved, has boiled over to the point that a son hit his mother.

Past issues, coupled with fresh wounds (inflicted by more than just one or the other person, I'm sure), and this is what happens.

Who knows what the entirety of the complexion of this issue is. I'm just generally saddened when I see adult men who react wrongly and you look back at their childhood and you see such utter dysfunctional behavior by a mom or dad that has contributed their child's own eventual adult dysfunctional behavior.

I know, I know...it doesn't excuse a guy like Dez Bryant's behavior. I get that. I'm just saying the entirety of the ugliness can be a very heavy thing if you think about the persistent nature of the problems they've had as a family.
Old 07-17-2012   #24
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
More - slightly differing - specifics.

LINK
Quote:
Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant assaulted his mother during an argument in DeSoto Saturday, allegedly slapping her face and pulling her hair, DeSoto police revealed to reporters Tuesday.
Ripping shirts, tearing bras, slapping faces, pulling hair. Sounds like a cat fight. Dez sounds like he fights like a girl.

This whole situation, whatever the circumstances, seems like a very sad culmination of an extreme family dysfunctionality that didn't start yesterday, nor is likely to end tomorrow.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012   #25
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
This just sounds like years and years of anger, by all parties involved, has boiled over to the point that a son hit his mother.

Past issues, coupled with fresh wounds (inflicted by more than just one or the other person, I'm sure), and this is what happens.

Who knows what the entirety of the complexion of this issue is. I'm just generally saddened when I see adult men who react wrongly and you look back at their childhood and you see such utter dysfunctional behavior by a mom or dad that has contributed their child's own eventual adult dysfunctional behavior.

I know, I know...it doesn't excuse a guy like Dez Bryant's behavior. I get that. I'm just saying the entirety of the ugliness can be a very heavy thing if you think about the persistent nature of the problems they've had as a family.
I get what you're saying, but the overall message is Dez is a fool. I'm friends with a guy who was drafted in the top 5 and had his mother and brother trying to spend his money like it was free water. He addressed the situation early and doesn't even associate with his brother often now. Dez has to understand that you can't allow your family to become a burden.

He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt in my book. He racked up almost a million dollars of debt in jewelry, made news for not wanting to do something every rookie does, got banned from a mall for him and his friends acting like teenagers and showing their underwear, and now this situation comes up. I know people from Lufkin too and he's always had a sense of entitlement. Its time for him to grow up. Whenever u have this many screw ups it can't keep being other people's fault.

Last edited by Texn4life; 07-17-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012   #26
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81206 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
They are now saying he hit her with a baseball cap and ripped her bra. But it seems like he hit her. Rule #1 of being a man..never hit a woman...especially Mom. Idiot. In his position and she is begging him to leave...leave.
Whomever invented that rule never had a dangerously violent girlfriend.

A man should never…ever… beat a woman.

Hit her to protect yourself, someone else, or even her if she is a danger to herself? I can deal with it. Not a fan, and it should be a last resort, but it can happen.

Not using it to protect Dez. This sounds like a straight up punk move.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012   #27
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Whomever invented that rule never had a dangerously violent girlfriend.

A man should never…ever… beat a woman.

Hit her to protect yourself, someone else, or even her if she is a danger to herself? I can deal with it. Not a fan, and it should be a last resort, but it can happen.

Not using it to protect Dez. This sounds like a straight up punk move.
The person who invented that rule is a realist. If a man hits a woman, even to protect himself, he will still be looked at negatively. He will still get his butt dragged to jail. The charges may be dropped but the damage to a man's reputation has already happened. Perhaps he is fired from work, maybe his friends and/or family look at him differently.

Its simply not worth it. There are ways to protect yourself that don't involve hitting a woman. And rightly or wrongly, society will look down on a man hitting a woman for any reason. So, the person who invented that, was a realist living in the real world.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012   #28
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Dez Bryant accused of grabbing his mom by the hair and hitting her
July 17, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT

Quote:
Police in DeSoto, Texas, said today that Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant grabbed his mother’s hair and hit her before he was arrested and charged with misdemeanor family violence.

“It’s pretty straightforward,” DeSoto Police Captain Ron Smith said, via the Star-Telegram. “He and his mom got in an argument. It’s physical. She got some injuries. We made the arrest.”

It is not clear to what extent Bryant’s mother was injured, although she did not need to be taken to the hospital. The police report says Bryant slapped his mother’s face with a baseball cap and pulled her hair. Some reports have said the incident between Bryant and his mother began as a fight between Bryant and his half brother, but Smith said he doesn’t know why Bryant and his family were fighting.

“Whatever led to it is really not an issue for us,” Smith said. “We have an injured person. We have a suspect. We’re going to move forward.”

If convicted Bryant could serve up to a year in jail. He could also be facing discipline for violating the NFL’s personal-conduct policy.
Rusty could pick up a couple more bucks if he plays it just right.
Old 07-17-2012   #29
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jerry Jones just cannot help himself. From T.O. to PacMan to Dez...Jerry is addicted to flammable players.

Dallas fans deserve better than that. Jerry needs to reevaluate what he values most in his players. He needs to attend a clinic by McNair. Man I wish we could play them now...our defense would obliterate them.
Jerry is addicted to taking risks. Things aligned for him in his life where risk taking has paid off tremendously for him, both in business and early on with the Cowboys, and now the law of averages is catching up to him, at least as far as the Cowboys are concerned. You just can't roll the dice and expect a hard eight every time.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012   #30
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 81572 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Pimp slapped his own mom, figured she'd be used to it by now.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012   #31
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jerry Jones just cannot help himself. From T.O. to PacMan to Dez...Jerry is addicted to flammable players.

Dallas fans deserve better than that. Jerry needs to reevaluate what he values most in his players. He needs to attend a clinic by McNair. Man I wish we could play them now...our defense would obliterate them.
Not even close, they get exactly what they deserve.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012   #32
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Had Dez at 15/doesn't know who the father is =check

Mother spends a yr and a half in jail for selling crack = check

Mother is/was a prositute = check

Yeah I could see where Dez might have a few mommy issues.

He still shouldn't have hit his mom. No matter how bad of a person she might be. I doubt she is telling the whole story. Obviously she has no character. Dez, I hope he has learned to distance himself from his past/family.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012   #33
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Had Dez at 15/doesn't know who the father is =check

Mother spends a yr and a half in jail for selling crack = check

Mother is/was a prositute = check

Yeah I could see where Dez might have a few mommy issues.

He still shouldn't have hit his mom. No matter how bad of a person she might be. I doubt she is telling the whole story. Obviously she has no character. Dez, I hope he has learned to distance himself from his past/family.
He also took it pretty hard when in HS he found out that his mother's sexual preference was other ladies.
Old 07-17-2012   #34
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29492 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
He also took it pretty hard when in HS he found out that his mother's sexual preference was other ladies.
That's a nice home Dez bought. I hope the neighbors aren't saying there goes the neighborhood.
Old 07-18-2012   #35
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 18146 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Pimp slapped his own mom, figured she'd be used to it by now.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012   #36
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Bryant's mother's 911 AUDIO
Old 07-18-2012   #37
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

The accompanying videos to this article are worth listening to.
No. 88s discuss Dez Bryant arrest
Old 07-18-2012   #38
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Sad past............Possibly sadder future.

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys: Sometimes Dez Bryant can't help but make wrong decisions
Those who know him say former OSU star is a good man at heart, but he needs direction from good role models.

By Berry Tramel | Published: July 18, 2012

Some things can't be fixed.

Not by a loving village. Not by a caring campus. Not by amazing athletic ability. Not by the world's most famous football team.

So Dez Bryant's life continues to spiral out of control. Even if he does wear the vaunted No. 88 for the Dallas Cowboys and might be the best player in shoulder pads for the men who wear the star. Even if he was such an athletic marvel at OSU that his last name no longer is necessary in the state of Oklahoma.

Dez was arrested Monday and booked on a misdemeanor charge of assaulting his mother, Angela.

There is no excuse for striking a woman, much less your mother. But the people who know Dez know what he's up against. How a horrible home life growing up in Lufkin, Texas, gave him few tools in which to make good decisions and live a fruitful life. How OSU gave him structure in his 21/2 years as a Cowboy, but once he was gone from Stillwater, that protection went, too.

A Lufkin teacher emailed me Tuesday to try to provide a glimpse of Dez's situation.

“The news media, the Dallas Cowboys, the public, the normal sports fan, cannot imagine the life that this young man had,” wrote the teacher, who I later spoke to and wished to remain anonymous. “What he had to overcome can't be imagined by most decent people.

“He comes from absolutely no home life, but when he was drafted, the family came out of the woodwork.”

At OSU, Dez never was a problem in terms of behavior. People throughout the athletic department will admit that Dez was completely irresponsible – didn't always go to class, late for meetings, didn't understand the concept of a schedule – but never was he a problem otherwise. No drinking. No drugs. No disrespect.

“The Dez I knew would not beat up his mother,” said Marilyn Middlebrook, OSU's associate athletic director for academic affairs. Middlebrook termed Dez “sweet” but “irresponsible.”

Which is not surprising, considering his home life. Dez's mother was 14 when he was born and later spent 18 months in prison for drug trafficking. Dez often went house to house to sleep. Middlebrook said the story around the athletic department was that Dez in Lufkin would sleep in his clothes, because he often had to move in the middle of the night.

“He didn't have any kind of family support,” the Lufkin teacher said. “Lived with all kinds of different people. He just never had anybody stable in his life. When these kids go off to college, or when they get drafted, they take that with them.”

Lufkin's coaches provided Dez with male role models, and former OSU assistant coach Gunter Brewer was a rock for Dez in Stillwater. But then came the 2010 NFL Draft. The cocoon was gone.

I figure the Cowboys selecting Dez actually was a curse. That he needed to go anywhere but Dallas or Houston. As far from Lufkin as possible. To Seattle or Miami or Buffalo.

That's what the people at OSU thought, too.

But the Lufkin teacher said it wouldn't matter, that Dez's family would have followed him.

Middlebrook said she's counseled former OSU basketball star Tony Allen on the same dangers. Allen was from the streets of Chicago. “Away from Chicago, he did great,” she said. But when he went home to visit his mother, old friends “who haven't been successful pull him away.” She's urged Allen to steer clear from those Chicago influences and believes he has.

But Dez has not. Since his OSU playing days, Dez and friends have been banned from a Dallas mall for inappropriate language and dress, he has been sued for unpaid debts, detained but not arrested for an altercation at a Miami Beach nightclub and fined by the Cowboys for infractions such as being late to meetings.

Dez needs direction and mentoring, but whoever he's turned to, including apparently his family, is providing neither. Dez had surrogate parents to some degree in the form of Lufkin High School faculty and OSU's athletic department. Just because he's 23 and an NFL player doesn't mean that need has expired.

The Lufkin teacher said Dez always had pride. Was always clean and decently dressed. “One of the sweetest, most generous kids you would ever want to meet,” the teacher said. “Just a really good kid. I don't know how he overcame what he overcame.”

But the sad truth is, Dez hasn't overcome it. Not yet anyway.

Some things can't be fixed.

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 07-19-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Old 07-18-2012   #39
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Very sad read, and puts in perspective somewhat what I came away with with the conversation I had with a Lufkin native. However, even in that conversation I didn't know a simple statement of getting away from the Lufkin connection could have been worse than I could ever imagine.

I stand by with my comments of "stay away Dez, stay away" but can he or will it really matter. I had another long conversation with a friend this afternoont who has an inside track about a lot of things that go on in the league, is not a Cowboys fan, but said that Dez was saddled with leechers who were there only for what they could get from him and had no problems in destroying his image or career if he didn't come through. That is a total opposite in the dynamics that most of us have in family.

I know this sounds incredible that I run in to some of the situations that I do, but a cousin through marriage recently met who she though was a wonderful gentleman from her parents home town who has a son in the league. He was the perfect gentleman on the phone, promised tickets to the son's team games, just Mr. Wonderful. He came to visit her in the state that she lives and a totally different picture emerged. He had a very nice SUV compliments of the son, and was depending on the son to keep reloading a VISA to sustain his lifestyle. The friendship lasted less than a week and my cousin couldn't believe a person his age could be such a loser. She was smart enough to end any talk of a future or further friendship.

Last edited by StarStruck; 07-18-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-18-2012   #40
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Sad past............Possibly sadder future.
Thanks for the article Doc.

I've met some of the people in Dez old neighborhood and this really doesn't suprise me.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read