Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-18-2012   #1
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default BR predicts 12-4 season for Texans - What Say You?

Other than the fact it's from the Bleacher Report (LINK), what do you think of the odds we finish the season at 12-4? I'm thinking another 10-6 year or maybe 11-5.

What say you?

Quote:
One would think that if the Texans would have had a healthy Matt Schaub, they might have gone a little deeper into the playoffs. The passing game didn't have the same explosion when T.J. Yates was in the game. Don't get me wrong, he outperformed many people's expectations and didn't let anyone ever rattle him too much.
Quote:
Losing Mario Williams won't prove to be that big of a loss as they played almost the entire season without him, but losing Joel Dreessen might be devastating. He caught passes, run blocked, pass blocked, everything. There wasn't anything he didn't excel at in the Texans offense.
For four weeks straight during the season, the Texans won't leave Houston. Weeks 6, 7 and 9 are all home games while their bye is smushed in at Week 8. It will be a good time for them to kind of regroup, as three of their four previous games will be on the road prior to Week 6.
Houston should have no problem running away with the division for the second straight year
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BR predicts 12-4 season for Texans - What Say You?

all the predictions i seen are like #1 or #2 seed and getting to the super bowl and winning it and some have us losing it

either way i hope the are right

i think us here in houston who know the team are more doubtful just because we know the team and are used to something going wrong

7-9
8-8
8-8
9-7
6-10

like thoes years
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012   #3
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
all the predictions i seen are like #1 or #2 seed and getting to the super bowl and winning it and some have us losing it

either way i hope the are right

i think us here in houston who know the team are more doubtful just because we know the team and are used to something going wrong

7-9
8-8
8-8
9-7
6-10

like thoes years
Still... I'm, as they say, "cautiously optimistic" and will go with 10-6 or 11-5.
Old 07-18-2012   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Other than the fact it's from the Bleacher Report
Can't get past that.

But I'll go with 9-7.

Last edited by Playoffs; 07-19-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012   #5
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Other than the fact it's from the Bleacher Report (LINK), what do you think of the odds we finish the season at 12-4? I'm thinking another 10-6 year or maybe 11-5.

What say you?

[color=#373737][font=Trebuchet MS][size=2]
As a Texans fan, of course I'm optimistic, hoping for the best, but 12-4 seems like a best case scenario to me. Our schedule is more difficult, we have question marks with key players coming back from injuries, question marks at the receiver position, and we lost the right side of our OL. Feels like the offence may take a step back.

But let's hope they're right.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012   #6
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
As a Texans fan, of course I'm optimistic, hoping for the best, but 12-4 seems like a best case scenario to me. Our schedule is more difficult, we have question marks with key players coming back from injuries, question marks at the receiver position, and we lost the right side of our OL. Feels like the offence may take a step back.

But let's hope they're right.
Bolded is my biggest question mark. I can't quite wrap my head around 12-4.
Old 07-18-2012   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont think there is any way we will lose less than 5 games.

Greenbay, @ Jets, @Detroit, @New England, Baltimore.

And in this scenario I am giving wins @CHI, @DEN, vsBUF.

11-5 sounds about right to me.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-18-2012   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm firmly in the 11-5 camp. I'd like 12-4 and think it's entirely possible but my innate pessimism keeps me from predicting anything beyond 11-5.

Honestly, if I thought we had a good chance of going 16-0 I'd probably still say 11-5. I guess it comes from living my entire life in Houston and following the Oilers from an early age.
Old 07-18-2012   #9
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict a 9-7 record. Tough tough schedule, NFC North and AFC East. The good news is the Titans have to play the same schedule and we are the better team meaning we should win the division thereby making the playoffs.

I think that playing the tougher schedule will make the Texans more prepared for the playoffs getting us to, and winning, the Superbowl.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012   #10
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 6383 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

There's no reason we shouldn't win every game on the schedule.
Old 07-18-2012   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't predict wins and loses very well, so I'll just say anything less than another division championship is unacceptable and minimal at best.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012   #12
waddy
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 waddy is a quality contributor and well respectedwaddy is a quality contributor and well respectedwaddy is a quality contributor and well respectedwaddy is a quality contributor and well respectedwaddy is a quality contributor and well respectedwaddy is a quality contributor and well respectedwaddy is a quality contributor and well respectedwaddy is a quality contributor and well respectedwaddy is a quality contributor and well respectedwaddy is a quality contributor and well respectedwaddy is a quality contributor and well respected

11-5
waddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Just to keep you from having to dig this up, here's the schedule again.

09/09 --- Dolphins
09/16 --- @ Jags
09/23 --- @ Broncos
09/30 --- Titans
10/08 --- @ Jets (MNF)
10/14 --- Packers (SNF)
10/21 --- Ravens
10/28 --- B-Y-E week
11/04 --- Bills
11/11 --- @ Bears (SNF)
11/18 --- Jags
11/22 --- Lions (Turkey Day)
12/02 --- @ Titans
12/10 --- @ Patriots (MNF)
12/16 --- Colts
12/23 --- Vikings
12/30 --- @ Colts

Lawd... I'd forgotten how many primetime games we have this year!
For better or worse, we won't go unnoticed this season

Old 07-18-2012   #14
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just to keep you from having to dig this up, here's the schedule again.

09/09 --- Dolphins
09/16 --- @ Jags
09/23 --- @ Broncos
09/30 --- Titans
10/08 --- @ Jets (MNF)
10/14 --- Packers (SNF)
10/21 --- Ravens
10/28 --- B-Y-E week
11/04 --- Bills
11/11 --- @ Bears (SNF)
11/18 --- Jags
11/22 --- Lions (Turkey Day)
12/02 --- @ Titans
12/10 --- @ Patriots (MNF)
12/16 --- Colts
12/23 --- Vikings
12/30 --- @ Colts

Lawd... I'd forgotten how many primetime games we have this year!
For better or worse, we won't go unnoticed this season
I remember we pitched an O'fer a few years back in prime time. 0-3 in front of the nation.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Like Thorn, I'm horrible at predictions. But, I do have expectations. And anything less than another division title would be a very huge letdown this season. I'm already saving funds for two seats at Reliant in January.
Old 07-18-2012   #16
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak needs to pray the division is as weak in 2012 as it was in 2011. And even with that weak division last season, he still managed to lose to the Colts.

I'm hopeful the Texans find their way to the playoffs for the second consecutive season. But I don't see them winning more than nine games. If the division remains weak, they'll go to the playoffs again.

9-7
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012   #17
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm, as a rule, a very optimistic kool-aider. That being said, with our untested, inexperienced WR corps and to a lesser extent the right side of the OL in conjunction with the division winner schedule we earned I see a low side of 9&7 to 10&6. I'd love to see us @ 12&4 but I don't see it happening.

9&7 should still deliver the AFC South crown and then it's Katy bar the door. I *think* a 9&7 team has flown home with the prize before.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012   #18
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

13-3.

That's with a straight face. Team is ****ING GOOD.
Old 07-19-2012   #19
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Even when i'm being pretty generous with the losses I still see 10-6 at worst.
Ryan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012   #20
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

tho u can never predict due to injures the good thing i seen on our sechudle
is the pakers and ravens the two hardest teams IMO our at home so lucky us on that

but u never know ravens could be a joke this year and like the Bills game would prob be the toughest game we have all season u never know
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read