Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2012   #1
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Skyline Chili.... Ryan

This is for you my friend, Ryan.....

So I'm watching "bubblegum TV", Diners Drive Ins and Dives...

This particular segment hits tha "Nati" and the pasta with chili.... Worst combo - EVER!!!

*throwing up in my mouth a little*
Old 07-16-2012   #2
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 22184 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Skyline Chili.... Ryan

You know, when I was stationed up north I saw some of this skyline chili in the freezer section of a grocery store. The picture on the box reminded me of that James Coney Island chili dog sauce. Memory may be a little fuzzy but it did not seem appetizing at all.
Old 07-17-2012   #3
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw that too and in cinncinati you ask for a 5way you get noodles, chili, beans something else and cheese
Kinda gross if you ask me. Every one knows there ain't no beans in chili
Old 07-17-2012   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

SteakNShake serves up the pasta and chili a bit East of us...not bad. Pasta, chili, cheese and onions (4 way)...no beans please. Don't like the 5 way chili. It's basically chili-mac with spaghetti noodles instead of elbow macaroni.

Also, being a Texan...I don't care for the sweet skyline chili as much as Texas chili. Has a bit of a cinnamon-like thing going on that doesn't seem very chili-like.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Skyline Chili.... Ryan

Yeah, Steak N Shake is from up north. It was where you went at 3 AM to eat MMmmmm.....

Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012   #6
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 135235 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
SteakNShake serves up the pasta and chili a bit East of us...not bad. Pasta, chili, cheese and onions (4 way)...no beans please. Don't like the 5 way chili. It's basically chili-mac with spaghetti noodles instead of elbow macaroni.

Also, being a Texan...I don't care for the sweet skyline chili as much as Texas chili. Has a bit of a cinnamon-like thing going on that doesn't seem very chili-like.
Right here. I taste too much cinnamon and too cloves or cumin. It's texture very fine and watery almost sauce-like. I tried it once, I won't try it again.
Old 07-17-2012   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Yeah, Steak N Shake is from up north. It was where you went at 3 AM to eat MMmmmm.....

I just threw up in my mouth a little.
Old 07-17-2012   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude, the wife watches those goofy channels all the time. However, I must admit, triple D is one of my favorite shows.
Old 07-17-2012   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Dude, the wife watches those goofy channels all the time. However, I must admit, triple D is one of my favorite shows.
I love Triple D, but Guy Fieri is suuuuch a douche!!
Old 07-17-2012   #10
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 57823 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

One of the kids gave me the DDD cookbook for Christmas a few year back.

Lots of good recipes in it. I use it a lot.

When I retired from Chevron my wife (da boss) retired from cooking.

Guess it was only fair. She does all the rest of the housework.

Except for mopping the floors. I somehow inherited that too. Marine Corps boot camp trained me well in floor mopping.

Guy Fieri..gotta be a tough way to make a living.

Old 07-17-2012   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I love Triple D, but Guy Fieri is suuuuch a douche!!
I think he's kinda funny at times. Although, I would hesitate to cup check him and take his cars
Old 07-17-2012   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I think he's kinda funny at times. Although, I would hesitate to cup check him and take his cars
He can be funny, but really? A bowling shirt and frosted tips at 44 years old?? Douchiness?!!
Old 07-17-2012   #13
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Quite possibly the worst food I have ever had.

I had to use half a bottle of hot sauce just to make it bearable.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012   #14
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

I love Triple D. That is how I found out about Lankford's in Midtown. Yum. I miss Houston.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012   #15
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 122253 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just threw up in my mouth a little.
But I thought you were a fan of three-ways?
Old 07-17-2012   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
But I thought you were a fan of three-ways?
Well played, sir!
Old 07-18-2012   #17
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well played, sir!
Remember T_B. it's not gay if it's in a 3way!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Remember T_B. it's not gay if it's in a 3way!
Old 07-18-2012   #19
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

T_B, was thinking it would be this way for ya..

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012   #20
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bill backs off quietly

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read