Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-13-2012   #141
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

And now a wealthy, above-the-law NFL star thinks he deserves a day in court.
Everyone deserves a day in court, if not we could just throw people in jail 'cos the cops said so...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #142
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 25361 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Adrian Peterson arrested in Houston

Quote:
One autograph seeker in the courtroom got Peterson’s signature. No word on whether Peterson charged him $125.
When he was in Palestine last month he signed autographs for a few hours at no charge, then hung around for pictures and conversation. The town does an annual day in the park. He arrived about 10:30 a.m. and he was still there when I left around 4:30. On many occassions I have observed that his seemingly favorite attire is a white v-neck tee shirt, except for the club scene one night he had a polo shirt and was not drinking. I mention this because if anywhere to let your hair down, it would be at home. He also seeem to enjoy driving his signing bonus BMW sedan.

My initial reaction to the charge was that doesn't sound like A.D. I have been in his presence at a club as well as other events, and this doesn't pass the smell test. I wasn't there, and therefore don't know, but it certainly is uncharacteristic of the A.D. that I know, respect, and admire.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012   #143
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston Police beat somebody up? That's unpossible!
Old 07-14-2012   #144
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Peterson says "I am 200% innocent." I suppose that gives him 100% wiggle room........
USA TODAY
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012   #145
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's not sick. Abuse OF the legal system is a major reason for rising health care costs (frivolous lawsuits).

And now a wealthy, above-the-law NFL star thinks he deserves a day in court.

At 2 a.m. in a bar, being asked to leave, refusing, being asked again, then laying hands on a cop (from behind, according to reports)....yeah, I'll go with what I said and continue to say: AP should've (a) been in control of himself, (b) should take his jailing like a man and simply resolve to be smarter in the future.

But hey, it's more fun to make the lives of a few cops miserable over such a DUMB situation to begin with.

Watch the personal insults toward fellow members too. I would never call you "sick." I might give reasons why I disagree with you, but I will never call names at you. Give me the same courtesy, fair?
Making the lives of a few cops miserable? Really? How?
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012   #146
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Making the lives of a few cops miserable? Really? How?
Duh, making them do an honest days work.

Old 07-14-2012   #147
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Duh, making them do an honest days work.

If it makes them miserable to an honest day's work then they should do something else for a living.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012   #148
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Vikings hire self-described “scumbag” to talk to their rookies
July 14, 2012, 12:52 PM EDT

Quote:
The Minnesota Vikings have hired a colorful character to talk to their rookies about the importance of staying out of the wrong places at the wrong times.

That character is Sean Bishop, a convicted felon who works in the strip club business and was brought to Minnesota to tell the Vikings’ rookies that if they’re smart, they’ll stay away from characters like him and establishments like his, because strip clubs are a great place to blow your money and find yourself in legal trouble.

“I tell them I am a scumbag club owner who will use and abuse you,” Bishop told the St. Paul Pioneer Press. “I just don’t want to see any of them ruin their lives. They need to be protected from themselves.”

So where did the Vikings find this scumbag? It turns out that Vikings executive director of player development Les Pico was Bishop’s football coach at Washburn University in the 1990s. And Pico thought Bishop’s life story would provide something of a “scared straight” vibe if he spoke to the team.

“He’s not a choirboy by any means,” Pico said of Bishop. “I can’t legislate morality. Sean’s a guy who isn’t afraid to talk negatively about the business he’s in. Our owners give us great latitude allowing us to run these programs and put a convicted felon on a plane to come here and talk to our rookies about why they shouldn’t be in strip clubs.”

Bishop says NFL players are often treated like royalty at strip clubs because they have plenty of cash to throw around, but eventually things go wrong.

“These guys get comfortable in the VIP section and think they’re not being seen and forget where they’re at,” he said. “Being a competitive athlete, it’s hard for them to turn the other cheek or swallow their pride and walk away from bad situations. Instead, they make a scene and forget where they’re at because the owner’s treating them like a king, they’re young and think they’re invincible when all it takes is one snapshot and you’re done.”

So the moral of the story is, don’t go to strip clubs. Spoken from a man in the strip club business.

He delivered his talk to the Vikings rookies during the Vikings Rookie Symposia in the spring of 2009 and 2010. You might also want to read this article about the man.

Vikings warned: 'I am a scumbag (strip) club owner who will use and abuse you'
Old 07-14-2012   #149
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Every thread involving whites vs. whatever always devolves into a racial debate.

Every. Single. Time.

I think I'm hitting the eject button on this thread. It's usefulness has expired.
Old 07-14-2012   #150
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Every thread involving whites vs. whatever always devolves into a racial debate.

Every. Single. Time.

I think I'm hitting the eject button on this thread. It's usefulness has expired.

You were the one bringing race into the equation in a discussion of civil rights. What a chicken **** exit from a thread using race as the reason when you were the cause
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012   #151
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder how many people will base their opinions of ap's innocence off a verdict? I would hope most people realize the legal council here involves "random 2 bit prosecutor" vs. one of the best in the nation. For me the verdict will have as much credibility as the oj scam. My judgements regarding this episode will be based off the facts revealled and nothing more...(assuming more is ever revealled.)
Old 07-16-2012   #152
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I will bet the anti AD people have never had a problem with cops being out of line.

The pro AD people have had these problems.

I find that if you do what the cops ask of you, you wont have these problems. Although I can see cops having problems with a young rich black guy not doing what they are telling him to do. Even if it is asking for a glass of water. Cops are generally big introverts with huge egos.

This is usually a case of who is the biggest swinging d**k in the club and it never turns out well for the young rich black athlete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
You were the one bringing race into the equation in a discussion of civil rights. What a chicken **** exit from a thread using race as the reason when you were the cause
Awww, how cute....2012Champs doesn't know how to look at post count before making an accusation!

To be HONEST, since that seems to be your problem with me (your assertion that I'm being dishonest) steelbtexan mentioned race and then I responded to it.

I never mentioned race ONE SINGLE TIME, nor even hinted at it, prior to steelbtexan's post (at the top). If you don't believe me, start at the beginning of this thread and read every post I made. You''l find that your accusation is the lie, pal.

I'll receive an apology from you, if you can muster one up. And while you're at it, why don't you go quote steelbtexan and then call HIM a chicken****?
Old 07-16-2012   #153
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Awww, how cute....2012Champs doesn't know how to look at post count before making an accusation!

To be HONEST, since that seems to be your problem with me (your assertion that I'm being dishonest) steelbtexan mentioned race and then I responded to it.

I never mentioned race ONE SINGLE TIME, nor even hinted at it, prior to steelbtexan's post (at the top). If you don't believe me, start at the beginning of this thread and read every post I made. You''l find that your accusation is the lie, pal.

I'll receive an apology from you, if you can muster one up. And while you're at it, why don't you go quote steelbtexan and then call HIM a chicken****?

How cute you had to go back 30 post and activity from 3 days prior to tie back into steel mentioning a black person to somehow tie into your post. However it seems you are the one with the reading problem. I stated you were the one who brought race into a civil rights discussion which is exactly what you did and then you turn around a decide to leave using race as the reason. I dont need to quote steel and call it chicken **** to leave a thread because he isnt leaving for the reason that he brought up race. You leaving based on race seems to be because you cant remove it from your own personal thought process.

I will receive an apology for your inability to read if you can muster one up
Old 07-16-2012   #154
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

And what year was the last time that Hardin took up a misdemeanor case?..........................

Old 07-16-2012   #155
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
And what year was the last time that Hardin took up a misdemeanor case?..........................

Its an area of law listed on their site as an area of practice. My assumption would be that Rusty would take as many of the cases that people paid him to take. Getting his face on tv certainly is a bonus though. A quick google search showed Rusty checking in at 850.00 a hour although Im not sure if its accurate
Old 07-16-2012   #156
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
I wonder how many people will base their opinions of ap's innocence off a verdict? I would hope most people realize the legal council here involves "random 2 bit prosecutor" vs. one of the best in the nation. For me the verdict will have as much credibility as the oj scam. My judgements regarding this episode will be based off the facts revealled and nothing more...(assuming more is ever revealled.)
The DA's office almost certainly does not have anyone as good as Rusty but rest assured if they decide to prosecute this case it will not be randomly assigned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
When was the last time someone was willing and able to pay $200k to defend a misdemeanor? AP probably has $50k in already.
Old 07-16-2012   #157
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The DA's office almost certainly does not have anyone as good as Rusty but rest assured if they decide to prosecute this case it will not be randomly assigned.

When was the last time someone was willing and able to pay $200k to defend a misdemeanor? AP probably has $50k in already.
That's what I was getting at.
Old 07-16-2012   #158
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 25361 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't know what actually happened in this situation, so I will leave it at that. "If" I was arrested for the same accusation and was innocent, I would have to pay the fine because I am too broke to do otherwise. However, if I had A.D. kind of cash or a good portion, I question how much would I be willing to pay to defend myself if innocent.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012   #159
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I don't know what actually happened in this situation, so I will leave it at that. "If" I was arrested for the same accusation and was innocent, I would have to pay the fine because I am too broke to do otherwise. However, if I had A.D. kind of cash or a good portion, I question how much would I be willing to pay to defend myself if innocent.
Many of us, if we had his kind of $$$, would pay to have ourselves defended by the best no matter if we were innocent or not.
Old 07-16-2012   #160
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Angry Re: Adrian Peterson arrested in Houston

Quote:
The DA's office almost certainly does not have anyone as good as Rusty
You and I know they dont. Houston can deliberately send their best prosecutor and without unquestionable evidence like surveillance video the prosecution will look like amateur hour. Especially if ap is the kind of guy who has a dozen "hangers on" who serve as witnesses.

$850 an hour? Thought it would be much more.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read