Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-14-2012   #41
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 222056 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak
Default Re: new Texans beat writer at chron

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
Actually being in the bar drunk is a PI...
You may have gotten busted for it but no simply being drunk in a bar does not satisfy the penal code for a PI which requires you be intoxicated enough to be a danger to yourself or others.
Old 07-14-2012   #42
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You may have gotten busted for it but no simply being drunk in a bar does not satisfy the penal code for a PI which requires you be intoxicated enough to be a danger to yourself or others.
Yep..that last part is very loose.. i just paid the fine and got it done with, which looking back was the wrong thing to do...not enough people "not-guilty" the charge, which is why they give the tickets out like candy at a parade...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012   #43
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6009 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
How do these people get hired for such jobs?????????????

I'm amazed. Truly, genuinely amazed.
She was offered the post via text message from Brett Favre
robroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012   #44
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15056 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
I should have went into more detail. Burge and Steph are bloggers and I have no issue with them being fans and follow both of them. But an official reporter should not have fan allegiances so they will ask the tough questions when things are going bad. Something Houston media has lacked for years.

Why shouldnt the Texans be bashed? The past few years have showed us that at times they should be.
Heh. Far be it from AJ to "bash" the Texans when they do something dumb and/or play poorly.
Old 07-14-2012   #45
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by robroy72 View Post
She was offered the post via text message from Brett Favre
LOL!!!

Little did she know it was McClain texting and not Favre. Doh!
Old 07-14-2012   #46
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL!!!

Lol

"Did i mention i'm an insider with the Texans? I know everything they're gunna do...

...i was shocked when they released Eric Winston."

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012   #47
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: new Texans beat writer at chron

Quote:
LOL!!!

Hahahahahah
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012   #48
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52652 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
My opinion exactly!! WHY do we need her? Maybe she will buy herself a brush before she goes before our TEXAN camera's. She is tacky as, well, I'll keep that comparison to myself! The Chronicle is a crap newspaper anyway, so why do I care! Except for Steph, I could care less about that ragsheet.
Why do we need you? I wish you would keep everything to yourself.
Old 07-15-2012   #49
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 222056 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Just got home liquored up after stopping off for 2 for .99 tacos at Jack in the Crack?
Old 07-15-2012   #50
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
This is not going to end well for you.

LOL.
Old 07-16-2012   #51
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 5732 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

LOL.
Ill bump the thread, it's monday and im bored at work lol
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012   #52
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143455 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

LOL.
Nope it aint .... has a lot of friends here.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012   #53
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

The 5 W's of Journalism and Police Investigations.

Who did what, when, where, and why?

(who?)new Texans (did what?)beat writer (where?)at chron

That's 3 out of 5.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #54
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 172585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Onward and upward, I guess...

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
I loved the year I spent at the Chronicle, learned so much from too many people to fit here and am so grateful for the opportunities I had.

Some news on my part: I am thrilled to be joining @ESPN to cover the #Texans starting this week.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #55
GoCoogs
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 GoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting that she will be covering the Texans. I wonder if it will be covering the Texans only. Paul Kuharsky covers the AFC south, but not just one team.
GoCoogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #56
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Good for her. She advances and gets to stay in Houston.

I had always wondered why ESPN didn't have dedicated beat writers. I mean, excluding the entire organization covering New York and Boston teams every day.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #57
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCoogs View Post
Interesting that she will be covering the Texans. I wonder if it will be covering the Texans only. Paul Kuharsky covers the AFC south, but not just one team.
Well, this may or may not be the case, but Kuharsky's pretty much ESPN.com only, and you seldom if ever see him on TV. Based on the way she worded it, that doesn't appear to be the case with Tania.

I think this is a positive development. I've liked Tania's work since she's been here(Arian calf/hamstring mixup aside), and this is the first time (to my knowledge) that there's been a nationally based reporter with a Texans background. Yeah, she's probably got more time in with the Jags, but a.) She said she would be covering the Texans, and b.) Nobody cares about the Jags.
Old 08-04-2013   #58
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59253 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCoogs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Well, this may or may not be the case, but Kuharsky's pretty much ESPN.com only, and you seldom if ever see him on TV. Based on the way she worded it, that doesn't appear to be the case with Tania.

I think this is a positive development. I've liked Tania's work since she's been here(Arian calf/hamstring mixup aside), and this is the first time (to my knowledge) that there's been a nationally based reporter with a Texans background. Yeah, she's probably got more time in with the Jags, but a.) She said she would be covering the Texans, and b.) Nobody cares about the Jags.
ESPN did a press release that all teams starting this season, would each have their own blogger/writer. They did a study and the readership for each team was worth the extra cost except for one: the Jaguars.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...very-nfl-team/
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #59
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 172585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ESPN did a press release that all teams starting this season, would each have their own blogger/writer. They did a study and the readership for each team was worth the extra cost except for one: the Jaguars.
Now that's funny.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #60
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...very-nfl-team/
So they hired 31 new writers and bought a tarp.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read