Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-03-2012   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default HT.com:Texans Top Moments

Quote:
The Houston Texans are featuring the most memorable plays in team history as part of the organization's 10th Anniversary. See below for links to some of the team's best touchdowns, takeaways and moments from the first 10 seasons in the National Football League.

Also, feel free to voice your opinion by using the hashtag #TexansTopPlays on Twitter.

Oct. 11, 2009: Wide receiver Andre Johnson scored perhaps the most impressive touchdown of his career against the Arizona Cardinals. VIDEO

Sept. 20, 2009: Wide receiver Andre Johnson made an acrobatic 19-yard touchdown reception in 34-31 win at Tennessee. VIDEO

Dec. 14, 2008: Wide receiver Andre Johnson eclipsed 200 receiving yards in a 13-12 win over the Tennessee Titans. VIDEO

Dec. 7, 2008: In the coldest game in team history, Texans kicker Kris Brown converted a 40-yard field goal with less than two minutes left to give Houston a 24-21 win at Green Bay. VIDEO

Dec. 1, 2008: Running back Steve Slaton gained 130 yards on 21 carries (6.2 avg.) with two scores in losion/7athe Houston Texans' 30-17 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars on Monday Night Football. VIDEO

Dec. 13, 2007: Mario Williams collects 3.5 sacks against the Denver Broncos in a 31-13 win on Thursday Night Football at Reliant Stadium. VIDEO

Sept. 12, 2007: DE Mario Williams scores after recovering a fumble in the Texans' 20-3 win over the Kansas City Chiefs at Reliant Stadium. VIDEO

Sept. 28, 2003: QB David Carr leaps over the goal line from one yard out on the game's final play, lifting Houston to s 24-20 win over Jacksonville at Reliant Stadium. VIDEO

Dec. 8, 2002: Despite only 47 yards of total offense, the Texans shock eventual AFC North champion Pittsburgh 24-6 at Heinz Field. All three of Houston's TDs are scored by the defense, including two interception returns by CB Aaron Glenn. VIDEO

Sept. 8, 2002: Defensive tackle Seth Payne sacks Dallas Cowboys quarterback Quincy Carter in the end zone for a safety to clinch the Houston Texans' 19-10 win at Reliant Stadium. VIDEO

Sept. 8, 2002: The Texans become the first NFL team in 41 years to win their expansion debut, beating the Dallas Cowboys 19-10 before 69,604 at Reliant Stadium. QB David Carr tossed a 19-yard TD to TE Billy Miller for the club's first-ever score. VIDEO

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/top-plays.html
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012   #2
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HT.com:Texans Top Moments

If we include a modified version of that list to take into account this past season, I'd throw Andre Johnson's first playoff game touchdown, Watt's interception in the same game, and the Kevin Walter TD against Cincy to clinch the division.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
If we include a modified version of that list to take into account this past season, I'd throw Andre Johnson's first playoff game touchdown, Watt's interception in the same game, and the Kevin Walter TD against Cincy to clinch the division.
yeah, I think they are slowly working up to 2011 (I didn't see any upload dates on the videos)

I am not sure if they are doing this as a weekly thing or not. I just caught it the first time today on their facebook page
Old 06-03-2012   #4
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre's touchdown at the Arizona game is one of the most impressive plays I've ever seen in football.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012   #5
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Andre's touchdown at the Arizona game is one of the most impressive plays I've ever seen in football.
I still get goose bumps watching that play.
Old 06-04-2012   #6
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Agreed. Bounces off one defender, trucks another, and just overpowers the last while going backwards. Pure domination.
Old 06-06-2012   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sorry but the KC game in 03 and the Miami game in 03 were pretty bigs wins for us back then.

KC was a playoff team with the league leading rusher in Priest Holmes and Future HOF TE Tony Gonzalez and were supposed to smash us and pretty much were until they got greedy and went for two and didn't convert which kind of let us back in the game. It was also a game where we saw Andre Johnson give a flash of the kind of clutch catches he would be making for us for years to come. That catch was incredible!!!!! Then Marcus Coleman returning an INT 100 yds for a TD.

Then we got the Miami game. I believe it was a home opener for Miami in which they hadn't lossed a home opener in like 16 years. They were a Super Bowl Favorite and got Ricky Williams and a defense with Jason Taylor that was facing our offense which gave up a league record in sacks a year before and we go in there and beat them.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-06-2012   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
Agreed. Bounces off one defender, trucks another, and just overpowers the last while going backwards. Pure domination.
Andre acted like he wanted that one.

I want to see more like it, sooner the better.
Old 06-06-2012   #9
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2332 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

Man i love how Leach always runs in and stares everyone down and gets in their face if they have something to say after a big play. I miss that guy.
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

website added

Quote:
Sept. 12, 2010: Running back Arian Foster rushed for 231 yards with three touchdowns in an overwhelming win over the Indianapolis Colts at Reliant Stadium. VIDEO
Old 06-10-2012   #11
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66536 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I'm sorry but the KC game in 03 and the Miami game in 03 were pretty bigs wins for us back then.

KC was a playoff team with the league leading rusher in Priest Holmes and Future HOF TE Tony Gonzalez and were supposed to smash us and pretty much were until they got greedy and went for two and didn't convert which kind of let us back in the game. It was also a game where we saw Andre Johnson give a flash of the kind of clutch catches he would be making for us for years to come. That catch was incredible!!!!! Then Marcus Coleman returning an INT 100 yds for a TD.
I think you're getting your years confused. We did beat Miami in '03 (Season Opener), and KC was a playoff team that year, and we did play them two weeks after the Dolphins game. They also beat us 42-14.

We won the next season (2004), and Coleman did have a 102 yard int return for a TD, but KC went on to finish 7-9 and out of the playoffs. We've beaten the Chiefs 3 times (and lost twice). They've never gone for a 2 point conversion in the games that we've beaten them.
Old 06-11-2012   #12
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's #6 and one of my all time favorite plays in Texans history - Ravens goal line stuff. Even though they lost.

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...8-fc667612b0b3
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Since Seth Payne has (partially) moved him and his family back to Houston for business purposes (and on twitter) @PayneNFL and his wife @Brandispayne, The sack for a safety September 8th, 2002 for a 19-10 win over the 'gurls is my top moment!!!

As an aside, welcome back Payne family!!! BTW, both of y'all are hillarious!!
Old 06-11-2012   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Since Seth Payne has (partially) moved him and his family back to Houston for business purposes (and on twitter) @PayneNFL and his wife @Brandispayne, The sack for a safety September 8th, 2002 for a 19-10 win over the 'gurls is my top moment!!!

As an aside, welcome back Payne family!!! BTW, both of y'all are hillarious!!
By far one of my all time favorite Texans. Unfortunately I was in New Orleans to see him rip his knee. Freaking rat ran across the field during the game and then of course they changed the field surface mid-season a couple weeks later.
Old 06-25-2012   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Jan. 3, 2010: Wide receiver Jacoby Jones tapped his toes in bounds for a touchdown to help the Texans beat the New England Patriots and finish the season with a 9-7 record. VIDEO

Sept. 19, 2010: Wide receiver Andre Johnson made a game-tying touchdown catch at Washington to force overtime. The Texans ultimately prevailed 30-27. VIDEO
Old 06-26-2012   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

what was our first road victory .. had to happen in 03 since i think in 02 we only won 2 games
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
what was our first road victory .. had to happen in 03 since i think in 02 we only won 2 games
The Texans won 4 games in 2002 including road wins over the Jags and Steelers.
Old 06-26-2012   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The Texans won 4 games in 2002 including road wins over the Jags and Steelers.
Correct me if I'm wrong but that should mean our first road win was against Jville because that was our 2nd win. Then we beat the steelers and then we beat the Giants at home. Right?

That Jville game was kind of cool when Jabar Gaffney threw that lateral to Aaron Glenn on a return and that put the game out of reach. I've always wanted us to try that again.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Dec. 11, 2011: The T.J. Yates-to-Kevin Walter touchdown pass with 2 seconds remaining in the win at Cincinnati is the latest Texans Top Moment. VIDEO

Nov. 27, 2011: Outside linebacker Connor Barwin totaled four sacks in the Houston Texans' 20-13 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. VIDEO
Old 09-10-2013   #20
Wolf
100% Texan

Cushing just added to the list IMO

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read