Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2012   #11
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90635 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Adrian Peterson arrested in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Don't have a problem with the jobs, but police should carry the same authority when they are doing an off duty security job as any other random security guard, i.e., any regular citizen. The companies that hired LEOs for off duty security work under that scenario would still be getting value for their dollar, because security guards in all other ways are a joke. So it really wouldn't impact the jobs part of it, IMO.
Im not going to argue the politics of it. Your entitled completly to your perspective. But to me its a win / win for everyone. Officers can make more money, businesses get a necessary service, and more uniformed officers mean more of a deterent for crime as a whole for the community. Try working a bank 2 days after it's been robbed and you can see what a relief it is for some people.

On a personal note my goal in working side jobs is to make a check and not get into sh*t. Agencies routinely punish their officers by suspending their privledge to work extra and make the additional money. Thats why its a bit harder for me to believe these officers went after such a high profile person. I doubt they intentionally went gung ho on ap to prove some point. That doesn't mean they didnt do something wrong or stupid along the way way but I doubt it was ever their original intent. Ive had to chase drunk people out of rented ball rooms before myself and its not the easiest task. The problem usually ends when 1 of 2 things happens:

You explain to them their past the time rented and to stay longer will mean more charges from the business (as in thousands more)

Or

You start unplugging the dj's equipment

That doesn't always work. Drunk people arent always reasonable. You try to be nice and understand people are just having a good time, but a business owner has rights to. Usually theres a staff who needs to clean up and wants to go home as well.

Ultimately, ap is innocent till proven guilty and he'll have his day in court. Fortunately for him, I think he can afford innocence more then the average joe. Must be nice.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read