Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2012   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Former University of Houston QB Case Keenum agrees to a contract with the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
"making things happen" is not always a good thing when those can be negative as well, which was my opinion of TJ while @ Carolina now with Houston. Seems I'm in the minority around here concerning Yates future being a bit more rosey.

He is a bit of a gunslinger, but that never stopped Farve or his detractors early on at least.

Yates has a quick release that is natural & fluid.

He has size & ability to elude the rush.

He also has a solid base of playing in this system which will only improve his chances for success.
I like Tj, but definitely thinks he needs more help...

Right now, we've got a talented team..... Andre, Arian, OD, Casey... he's got play makers out there to help him out, make him look better than what he is.

Playing with a team like this can help build his confidence while he builds his skills.

Then later when the team isn't as stacked with talent, maybe he'll be ready to lead the team, because I think he's got the intangibles an NFL QB needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Case has a longer road & more obstacles ahead to overcome.
I think Case is more of the kind of guy that will make his team mates look better. Yes, make Andre look better, make Arian look better, make OD & Casey look better.

I'm not saying he is that guy, but what he did at UH leads me to believe he's capable of being that guy. I don't know if he's ready to do it at this time or at this level.

I think we're lucky to have both of them & can't wait to see how this plays out.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read