Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-31-2005   #21
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Has anyone gotten the thought that having AJ in the game is what David Carr does NOT need?

I really wouldn't mind if they put AJ out for the season, if only to get Carr more attuned to looking for other receivers. Putting him back in ther sooner rather than later, would only hurt him, IMO.
AJ is one of the best football players on this team. Not having him on the field is a seriously blow to the offensive juggernaut that is the Houston Texans.
Old 10-31-2005   #22
phan1
All Pro

Quote:
Has anyone gotten the thought that having AJ in the game is what David Carr does NOT need?

I really wouldn't mind if they put AJ out for the season, if only to get Carr more attuned to looking for other receivers. Putting him back in ther sooner rather than later, would only hurt him, IMO.
That's crazy and not really practical. AJ should be on the field as soon as he gets healthy.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #23
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

jabar gaffney is still a damn gator, and thats all ive ever said about him

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #24
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:

Im think that Carr should be able to make his reads with or without AJ on the field and if his line buys him some time now that he's become a little more comfortable with his other receivers it would be a better opportunity to evaluate his abilities. I think that this weeks game showed a little improvement on his reads, and trust in his receivers ( cuz honestly after all those dropped passes by Bradford I dont think I would have thrown it to him even if he was open.) AJ I think should be out there if he's 100% its the coaches job to provide options for Carr and Carr's job to look at those options and make the most beneficial decisions. I look forward to this weeks game and im confident the Texans can follow capers plan and stay close. J/K GO TEXANS.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #25
Dre_80
Rookie

Quote:

:brickwall

Wow. Burn him!
Dre_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #26
mike230765
Rookie

If the season is over allready then start Gaffney and Mathis so that Carr can get used to them and Mathis can get some good game speed practice for next year. Also he can practice his run blocking skills. If for some strange reason they would actually win some games then that would be an added extra.
mike230765 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read