Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 06-27-2012   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default what QB are you projecting in the top ten next year?

I'm borrowing this from the "Trade Ben Tate" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
what QB are you projecting in the top five next year?

Not that I think we need another QB, but I would like to get an idea of what you guys would be looking for in our "next signal caller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
The kid at Arkansas. Tyler Wilson.

Who wears....#8.

I like what I see of his footage. Natural passer. Led them to 11-2, had like 3,500'ish yards and 24 TDs despite having really inconsistent pass protection.

That's someone off the top of my head.
Thanks GP. Good post. I looked at a top 10 QB list for the 2013 draft. Tyler Wilson's name came up & he did catch my eye. Stats look good, but I want to watch him play before I make up my mind. 6'3" to me is on the low side of what I'd like to see as far as hight..... that's my personal preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Barkley is an option, Tyler Wilson, there's more than a few more who could move up that high if they declare for the draft but their names escape me. Aaron Murray (Georgia) is also a guy who could seemingly slip into the first. And Landry Jones may creep up that high (Although I want no part of him).
Thanks b0ng.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yeah that's who I would target (Tyler Wilson). Barkley will be the number 1 or 2 pick depending on who gets it, Wilson could be top 5 just because of the position. If he can be a franchise QB then it doesn't matter what spot, just get him.
Great Post Dutch. Actually, this is the reason I felt this needed its own thread. We know that Barkley will most likely be the top rated QB in the next draft. But you would target Tyler Wilson...... why?

I don't have a problem with that, just because the guy is the top rated doesn't mean he is the best pick for your team.

What is it that you see about Tyler Wilson, that you would "target" him & not Barkley? Is it just that it will be too expensive to get to the #1 or 2 pick? Or do you think Wilson will be the better QB in our system? more upside altogether?

Please, anyone with an opinion join in.
Old 06-27-2012   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: what QB are you projecting in the top ten next year?

I like Wilson a lot, and I think he could be a good fit in our offense. He takes snaps under center and in shotgun, so there shouldn't be a question about his ability there. They do lots of I-formation with 3 step drops for short passes and RB/WR screens. Arkansas runs a lot of playaction, and he seems pretty good at it which will fit right in with the Texans. He can throw on the run, has good accuracy, and he has great arm strength, some of the throws I have seen him make about 55-60 yards in the air alone. That's the kind of arm that can get AJ 10+ TDs a season. It's early though, and 2012 looks to be a terrible year for Arkansas, so maybe the Texans can get him with their 1st and not have to move at all. Hopefully that no talent overhyped QB at OU shoots up the boards for some unsuspecting team to take him.

Tyler Wilson background from Walterfootball

Quote:
Career Recap: The Razorback signal-caller first played during his freshman season in 2008. Wilson played in a couple of games before redshirting with a medical hardship. He saw limited action as a backup in 2009. The first real look at Wilson came during the 2010 season when Ryan Mallett was injured.

When he filled in for Mallett, Wilson had mixed results. He completed 34-of-51 passes for 453 yards with four touchdowns and three interceptions. The majority of that came in a big game against the eventual national champion Auburn Tigers. Wilson threw for 332 yards (25-of-34) with four scores and two interceptions in that contest.

Wilson became the starter last year and played extremely well for Arkansas. He was the best signal-caller in the SEC and was chosen as the First-Team All-SEC quarterback. Wilson completed 63 percent of his passes in 2011 for 3,638 yards with 24 touchdowns and six interceptions. He also ran for four touchdowns.

Wilson was an astute player who made good decisions last season. He distributed the ball well to his weapons and led Arkansas to an 11-2 record.

The team's only losses came against the National Championship participants of Alabama and LSU. Wilson did not play particularly well in those outings against defenses comprised of good NFL prospects. In those two games, the Razorbacks quarterback completed 36-of-57 passes for 389 yards with three touchdowns and two interceptions.

Wilson finished the season well with a good bowl game against a quality Kansas State victory.

2012 Season Outlook: This looks like a very challenging season for Wilson. Arkansas is in turmoil after firing head coach Bobby Petrino this spring. Petrino ran the Razorbacks' offense and gave Wilson good preparation for the next level.

On top of losing the coach that ran the offense, Wilson lost a trio of talented college receivers. Joe Adams, Jarius Wright and Greg Childs all moved on to the NFL. While the Razorbacks suffered those loses, they will get running back Knile Davis back from injury. He should help open things up for Wilson.

Wilson does have a quality wide out to work with in Cobi Hamilton. The SEC will be as tough as usual, so Wilson will see a steady stream of good defenses on Saturdays.

Despite the obstacles, Wilson is intelligent and physically gifted, so he should still excel as a senior.

Skill-Set Summary: Wilson has the look of an NFL quarterback. He stands tall in the pocket and reads defenses well. The decision-making he displayed as a junior was very impressive.

Wilson has a strong arm and is an accurate passer. He showed the ability last season to push the ball outside the numbers and move the ball down the field with precision passes. With his size, arm and intellect, the Arkansas signal-caller will most likely be viewed as a possible safe pick to scouts.

While Wilson is a pocket passer, he is not a complete statue. He can move around to buy himself time and take advantage of openings with his legs. It is clear that Wilson is not a running quarterback who will rack up big rushing totals. However, he has enough athleticism to keep a defense honest and avoid some sacks with his legs.

For the NFL, Wilson could help himself by throwing the deep ball well in 2012 and showing the intangibles to elevate his game in crunch time. His stock would also receive a nice boost if he plays well against the elite defenses on his schedule.

2013 Draft Expectations: At this time, Wilson looks like a future first-round pick. That is a good start for next April, but it means nothing right now. Many quarterbacks have had drastic falls after disappointing final seasons in college. A few years ago Ole Miss quarterback Jevan Snead looked like a future first-rounder after the 2009 season, but went undrafted in 2010 because of a bad year.

If Wilson plays well in 2012, he'll be a first-rounder. If Wilson has a subpar season, he could fall into the mid-rounds.
http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013twilson.php

Highlight videos:
Tyler Wilson vs Auburn 2010

Tyler Wilson vs Auburn 2011

Tyler Wilson vs LSU 2011

2012 Cotton Bowl (Arkansas vs. Kansas State)
Old 06-27-2012   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 70964 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going with Casey Pachall. TCU.

6'5", Texas bred QB. Playing in the Big12. Gotta love that.

Another dark horse. Logan Thomas. VT.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I like Wilson a lot, and I think he could be a good fit in our offense. He takes snaps under center and in shotgun, so there shouldn't be a question about his ability there. They do lots of I-formation with 3 step drops for short passes and RB/WR screens. Arkansas runs a lot of playaction, and he seems pretty good at it which will fit right in with the Texans. He can throw on the run, has good accuracy, and he has great arm strength, some of the throws I have seen him make about 55-60 yards in the air alone. That's the kind of arm that can get AJ 10+ TDs a season. It's early though, and 2012 looks to be a terrible year for Arkansas, so maybe the Texans can get him with their 1st and not have to move at all. Hopefully that no talent overhyped QB at OU shoots up the boards for some unsuspecting team to take him.

Tyler Wilson background from Walterfootball
Great post, thanks for all the info.

Let's say that he gets hurt this year (heaven forbid)... or the Petrino thing really makes the team stink. In the SEC, they could go out & only win 9 games.

Would that change your mind on how good the kid can be?

I ask, because we've seen it happen. Not just to QBs... worked out pretty good for us with Arian Foster. But most of the time, a poor showing their senior season, regardless the cause...... leads to a poor career.
Old 06-27-2012   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Great post, thanks for all the info.

Let's say that he gets hurt this year (heaven forbid)... or the Petrino thing really makes the team stink. In the SEC, they could go out & only win 9 games.

Would that change your mind on how good the kid can be?

I ask, because we've seen it happen. Not just to QBs... worked out pretty good for us with Arian Foster. But most of the time, a poor showing their senior season, regardless the cause...... leads to a poor career.
Well, there are a couple of factors in play here. Look at the 12 game schedule:

Quote:
2012 Arkansas Razorbacks Schedule
Date - Opponent, Site
Sept. 1 - Jacksonville State, Home
Sept. 8 - Louisiana-Monroe, Home
Sept. 15 - Alabama, Home
Sept. 22 - Rutgers, Home
Sept. 29 - vs. Texas A&M#, TBD
Oct. 6 - at Auburn, Auburn, Ala.
Oct. 13 - Kentucky, Home
Oct. 27 - Ole Miss, Home
Nov. 3 - Tulsa, Home
Nov. 10 - at South Carolina, Columbia, S.C.
Nov. 17 - at Mississippi State, Starkville, Miss.
Nov. 24 - LSU, Home
With all the turmoil around the school, and WRs graduating, I think the program will take a step back this year. Each bolded team I would chalk up as a loss right now. That would make them 8-4 and probably Cotton Bowl bound or so. Throw in a flukey loss to Rutgers, one of the Mississippis or possibly A&M, and it looks bad on his resume. Then again, Jay Cutler was on a bad Vandy team before the draft and went 11, so you never know with these things. This is not a team that is going get 11 or 12 wins and compete in the new playoffs though.

The other factor is the loss of teammates in the draft this year. Both Joe Adams and Jarius Wright drafted this year (Vikings and Panthers). They accounted for 120 receptions, 1769 yards, and 15 TDs last year. Wilson completed 277 passes for 3638 yards and 24 TDs. That's a lot to replace there, so his new WRs may not be able to replicate that production. He will have to develop a rapport with the new guys and deal with new coaches and such. The one benefit is that the two new WR 1&2 are both 6'3 and 210+ pounds, so he will have bigger targets than the 5'10 guys he had before. Although I don't know what sort of sacrifice in speed there may be between the two sets of WRs.

We shall see, I'm hoping he does well, but at the same time I'm hoping his draft stock takes a hit, and other guys that I don't want move up. (Like Landry Jones... holy crap if he goes in the 1st, I just don't know what to say...)
Old 06-27-2012   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
We shall see, I'm hoping he does well, but at the same time I'm hoping his draft stock takes a hit, and other guys that I don't want move up. (Like Landry Jones... holy crap if he goes in the 1st, I just don't know what to say...)
So you'd be ecstatic if he falls to the second & we take him?
Old 06-27-2012   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Top 10? Probably Barkley, Wilson, maybe Bray or Thomas.

However (and I dont think I am being influenced by homerism, but it is possible), I think Jones is getting a bad rap on this board. I personally think he is the best QB prospect out there, and would be absolutely shocked if he dropped out of the first. He has size, mobility, experience, and a pro arm. He struggled down the stretch last year, but every player has struggles. He would have been a first rounder this past draft, and I think his stock will only rise.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-27-2012   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
So you'd be ecstatic if he falls to the second & we take him?
As of right now, with all the uncertainty around our QB situation, yeah. But there is a whole season for him to play this year, and we still need to see what happens with Schaub. I hope Schaub comes back to form and rehabs properly to play all 19 games. If not, then we need to look at QB, and I think Wilson could be that guy.
Old 06-27-2012   #9
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69234 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Bray
2.Barkley
3. Wilson
4. Murray
5. L.Jones

My top 5

Landry Jones is on the fringe of the top 10.

Murray should go top 10, but will probably fall out of the top 10 due to being only 6'1. He would be a perfect fit in Gary's offense. He's smart, has a real good arm, with great accuracy and touch.

If Shaub gets hurt again this season, then QB should be the #1 priority. IMHO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I personally think he is the best QB prospect out there, and would be absolutely shocked if he dropped out of the first. He has size, mobility, experience, and a pro arm. He struggled down the stretch last year, but every player has struggles.
Why do you think he struggled? Burnt out? Game got too big? Tried to do too much?

Quote:
As of right now, with all the uncertainty around our QB situation, yeah. But there is a whole season for him to play this year, and we still need to see what happens with Schaub. I hope Schaub comes back to form and rehabs properly to play all 19 games. If not, then we need to look at QB, and I think Wilson could be that guy.
Right, I want to take our team situation out of this alltogether, other than our scheme & surrounding players. The guy you're looking at, do you think he's a really great fit for our team?

& I'm saying if you didn't get a chance to see him play..... injury or something, or he just had a really bad year for reasons other than his own ability.

I really wasn't think about Yates when I started this thread, but...... Look at Tj Yates. I like his size, his arm, & he looks like he's got a head for the game. He was a fifth round pick, many people believe, because he played on a poor team.

Why didn't Tj get graded like Cutler? Why can't Tj be our Cutler?

But basically, my question now, is why would a QB, like Wilson drop to obscurity if he misses his senior season? Why did Lienart drop so far after playing his Senior season...... & he had a great senior season.

Just thinking out loud.
Old 06-27-2012   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why do you think he struggled? Burnt out? Game got too big? Tried to do too much?
I think losing Broyles was the reason. He had gotten used to having Broyles as a security blanket, and when that was taken away from him, he got hesitant, and started trying to make the "perfect" throw. Hopefully this year he just sits back there in the pocket and just plays football.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012   #12
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25491 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thunderkyss, you might want to take a look at Tyler Bray-QB from Tennessee, here's what Walterfootball has to say about him.

Tyler Bray*, QB, Tennessee
Height: 6-6. Weight: 210.
Projected 40 Time: 4.82.
Projected Round (2013): Top 25.
5/8/12: Bray (6-6, 210) completed 59 percent of his passes as as sophomore in 2011, totaling for 1,983 yards with 17 touchdowns and six interceptions. He had a hand/thumb injury that caused him to miss five games and hurt him down the stretch. Bray completed 55.8 percent of his passes as a freshman for 1,849 yards with 18 touchdowns and 10 interceptions.

Bray has all the physical tools to be a first-round quarterback, and before the hand injury, made progress to improve his accuracy compared to his freshman season.

He's a junior this year but has all the physical skills to be a very good 1st round pick, possibly top 10, and has 2 very good WR's in Justin Hunter and DaRick Rogers to help him along. I doubt seriously that he'd fall to the late 20's or early 30's of next years draft but if he made it to 15 or so we should look seriously at trading up, though it would be terribly expensive, and getting our next franchise QB. All of this obviously depends on how Schaub performs next season. I agree with Dutchrudder, hopefully Schaub returns well and plays all 19 games, but if not then we need to take a serious look at going a new direction at QB.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012   #13
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55593 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Thunderkyss, you might want to take a look at Tyler Bray-QB from Tennessee, here's what Walterfootball has to say about him.

5/8/12: Bray (6-6, 210) completed 59 percent of his passes as as sophomore in 2011, totaling for 1,983 yards with 17 touchdowns and six interceptions. He had a hand/thumb injury that caused him to miss five games and hurt him down the stretch. Bray completed 55.8 percent of his passes as a freshman for 1,849 yards with 18 touchdowns and 10 interceptions.

Bray has all the physical tools to be a first-round quarterback, and before the hand injury, made progress to improve his accuracy compared to his freshman season.

He's a junior this year but has all the physical skills to be a very good 1st round pick, possibly top 10, and has 2 very good WR's in Justin Hunter and DaRick Rogers to help him along. I doubt seriously that he'd fall to the late 20's or early 30's of next years draft but if he made it to 15 or so we should look seriously at trading up, though it would be terribly expensive, and getting our next franchise QB. All of this obviously depends on how Schaub performs next season. I agree with Dutchrudder, hopefully Schaub returns well and plays all 19 games, but if not then we need to take a serious look at going a new direction at QB.
Man, I know this kid isn't bad at throwing the ball. But I don't like him.

This is all based solely on the bowl game two years ago against UNC though so I'm being a bit of a homer for sure. The thing is where TJ looked smart (he spiked the ball with to many men on the field to lead to a field goal since at the time NCAA rules didn't take off time for a penalty), Bray just came off as obnoxious. He had this whole aura around him of cockiness and it just didn't seem deserved. And then he lost and he cried because he was no good.

Based on that one game I just don't like the kids attitude.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012   #14
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post

What makes you think he will even be in the 2013 draft? I kind of doubt it, he would likely be better off staying for his senior year.
Old 06-28-2012   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Who's the next Matt Schaub?

Does anyone remember the "reasons" Schaub fell to the third round?

Whatever those reasons are, do you see any current college QB, that should be in the 2013 draft that might take a similar slip, or for whatever reason get a similar grade, yet be completely capable of playing at a high level & lead an NFL team?
Old 06-28-2012   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69234 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Whatever those reasons are, do you see any current college QB, that should be in the 2013 draft that might take a similar slip, or for whatever reason get a similar grade, yet be completely capable of playing at a high level & lead an NFL team?
The TCU QB

Paschall (SP?)
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012   #17
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Schaub was known as The Duke of Dink at Virginia, a nickname coined by the fans. He also came out in the same year as a lot of other big time QBs (Rivers, Manning, Roethlisburger).
Old 06-29-2012   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44115 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
1. Bray
2.Barkley
3. Wilson
4. Murray
5. L.Jones

My top 5

Landry Jones is on the fringe of the top 10.

Murray should go top 10, but will probably fall out of the top 10 due to being only 6'1. He would be a perfect fit in Gary's offense. He's smart, has a real good arm, with great accuracy and touch.

If Shaub gets hurt again this season, then QB should be the #1 priority. IMHO
Landry Jones has Matt Schaub written all over him, fringe top 10 for you maybe more like a very desirable option for Texans if they need replacement due to another injury or contract strife.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012   #19
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Matt Barkley, QB, USC (#1 overall) - been extremely successful all through high school and college football career. Very seasoned and a technician at his craft. Limited athletically and measurable wise but everything from the neck up is off the charts which is why he is number one until someone dethrones his top spot. Barkley can make throws right now that all the others can not.

2. Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas (top 5) - a lot will depend on Wilson's success this year and how new head coach John Smith puts Wilson in a position to succeed with the play calling. Remember Arkansas has a big horse coming back in Kniles Davis. That will hurt or help Wilson. Last year they relied a lot on Wilson's arm. Now that Davis is back.... Could cut back some of his numbers and productions.

3. Logan Thomas, QB, VaTech (top 10) - Potential is why Thomas is number 3. Almost number 2. 6'6ft 260lbs yeah dude is a DE at the QB position. Just a great athlete and can sling the pigskin. Has a lot to learn but a lot of similarities of Big Ben with Thomas.
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012   #20
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Landry Jones has Matt Schaub written all over him, fringe top 10 for you maybe more like a very desirable option for Texans if they need replacement due to another injury or contract strife.
Landry, Bray, and Murray will all be lucky to go in round one.

Most likely they will go in round two or three

I bet two might even go round three.

If I were guessing man I would say...

Bray round two followed by Murray and Landry in round three.

Draft is stacked on the Oline, WR, and defensive side of the ball in the 2013 draft.

Not everyone needs a QB, and after the Top 3 QBs go. Thats where the drop off happens. Only one QB can play also unlike WR, LB, OL, DL. And so on...

To be honest Landry sucks. Everyone knows it. The talent is there. He has Blaine Gabbert syndrome for some reason and has bad feet and makes poor decisions.

I don't know why people and experts are still putting him into the 1st round category (2013 Mock Drafts) because he is evidently not worthy of a 1st round selection.

Landry Jones will be a bust. he has done nothing to separate himself since arriving at Norman, Oklahoma.

Murray and Bray I do like I think there is moxie and substance there. For them to be successful QBs in the NFL. They will need to go to the right situation and the right team with talent around them and have a good coaching staff. Landry.... Doesn't matter what team, how much talent. Dude will fold like a outdated lawn chair.

Barkley, Wilson, and Thomas are off the charts and I love everything about there game. Now and projecting. Plug and play, can succeed in almost any situation and with any team.

Landry is not like Matt Schaub. If I personally had to pick one, I would go with Tyler Wilson has similar traits and mechanics that resemble Matt Schaub.
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read