Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2005   #1
Nighthawk
All Pro

Default Big win! Give Capers another shot!

We played great out there Sunday, we fought hard, we took it one play at a time, we rocked 'em back when we had to. David really showed me something out there, poise. That boy was _all_ poise out there, slinging that that thing around, most of the time within a yard or two of his receivers! Sure a couple were a little high, a couple hit the dirt, but hey! That's the ball game. That'll happen. Double DD ran his tail off out there, squirting through some holes barely big enough for a chipmunk, and David almost hit him with a couple, too. And the trenches! I can say enough about the guys in the trenches! THey really put out the effort out there, put some hurt on those Brownies. These boys came to play, they put their pads on one leg at a time, and the deserve the big win. And the coaching! Man, that's coaching. I say we give Dom a break out there, give him another chance. I mean, with a game like that under his belt he's gonna come roarin' back. I figure one more big win like this and we give him a 5 year contract extension! Face it, the guy has earned it! He's taken this bunch and whipped them into a finely oiled machine out there just mowin' 'em down. It's crazy but it's happenin'. The Dom & David show, man, this is what I signed up for!
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #2
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 467 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Wha???
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate to feel this way, but I have a real concern we may finish strong at the end of the year and thereby lower our position in the Draft and at the same time improve the chances that McNair does not pull the trigger on Capers.
And yet, for obvious reasons based on Sundays game, I've felt better psychologically this week than I have for a month. But I just don't think Capers has got a handle on this team - this musical chairs charade with the OL is downright silly.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #4
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk
We played great out there Sunday, we fought hard, we took it one play at a time, we rocked 'em back when we had to. David really showed me something out there, poise. That boy was _all_ poise out there, slinging that that thing around, most of the time within a yard or two of his receivers! Sure a couple were a little high, a couple hit the dirt, but hey! That's the ball game. That'll happen. Double DD ran his tail off out there, squirting through some holes barely big enough for a chipmunk, and David almost hit him with a couple, too. And the trenches! I can say enough about the guys in the trenches! THey really put out the effort out there, put some hurt on those Brownies. These boys came to play, they put their pads on one leg at a time, and the deserve the big win. And the coaching! Man, that's coaching. I say we give Dom a break out there, give him another chance. I mean, with a game like that under his belt he's gonna come roarin' back. I figure one more big win like this and we give him a 5 year contract extension! Face it, the guy has earned it! He's taken this bunch and whipped them into a finely oiled machine out there just mowin' 'em down. It's crazy but it's happenin'. The Dom & David show, man, this is what I signed up for!

I think you forgot [/sarcasm] tag....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #5
Bayern
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
I think you forgot [/sarcasm] tag....

One can only hope.
Bayern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #6
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

This has to be a joke...
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #7
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign_lee
Wha???
Look at the his avater is written al over that post.
Old 11-01-2005   #8
SESupergenius

Playing for a draft pick is cheesy. You play to win the game. You play to win the game.
Old 11-01-2005   #9
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 467 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rittenhouserobz
Look at the his avater is written al over that post.
I was hoping.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #10
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Tired of hearing what a nice man Capers is, when there is nothing else to say ...
He could use a little Van Gundy personality injection.
Even though two different sports, like day and night difference in coaching personalities/methods.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read