Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-26-2012   #21
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82030 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Plaxico Burress Rumored to be Considered by Texans?

Bring him in. The Texans organization has matured enough to say to him "one **** up, one ANYTHING, and you're gone."

Make that known, and let's see what he's got.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #22
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133852 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be ecstatic to see this happen. Dude can still be a very good RZ threat, and I think all of his troubles and poor attitude problems are behind him. We wouldn't need him to be a star, and this could potentially really help this receiving core. Please let this be true and get it done Smithinair.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #23
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Rumored by whom? Internet blogs? I don't see anything about this on PFT's rumor mill? Is it really a rumor if it's not on Pro Football Talk? I think not.
Old 06-27-2012   #24
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Bring him in. The Texans organization has matured enough to say to him "one **** up, one ANYTHING, and you're gone."

Make that known, and let's see what he's got.
sounds like something you would say to T.O. or Ocho.. Burress isnt that type of guy..
Old 06-27-2012   #25
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164570 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Didnt we contact him last year and then he signed with the Jets?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #26
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Bring him in... Being also a Giants fan, I loved the guy there.. he wasn't a problem with them. He wasn't a problem with the Jets either. He shot himself, he paid the price.. damn fool. BUT, put him on the other side of AJ and more so in the red zone, good luck deciding which guy to double.. PB can still get up there and make those plays.
If he wants to come here, I would be more than happy !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #27
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Said it last year and I'll say it again this year, heck yes I'd bring him in. It'd be a team friendly contract, which means we could whack him if it doesn't work out
Old 06-27-2012   #28
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in agreement with those who say he's worth the shot. I can think of one game where had he been there instead of Jacoby it's a W instead of a L. Yes, the Raiders game with 8 ticks left. I have all the confidence in the world that had he been behind the defender instead of #12 we'd have witnessed a fade to the corner a lob and a leap. Red zone completion, touchdown and game over. 11 & 5 instead of 10 & 6.

Sure he made a bad judgment call but who of us haven't? I don't have a bullet hole in my leg but do have a hole in my head. Both results of a bad decision.

From the bidness side though with his accrued seasons in the league puts him in the little less than (or is it 'then') a mill a season. Is he worth it for his role and if he is can we afford him? Real question.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #29
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I'm in agreement with those who say he's worth the shot. I can think of one game where had he been there instead of Jacoby it's a W instead of a L. Yes, the Raiders game with 8 ticks left. I have all the confidence in the world that had he been behind the defender instead of #12 we'd have witnessed a fade to the corner a lob and a leap. Red zone completion, touchdown and game over. 11 & 5 instead of 10 & 6.

Sure he made a bad judgment call but who of us haven't? I don't have a bullet hole in my leg but do have a hole in my head. Both results of a bad decision.

From the bidness side though with his accrued seasons in the league puts him in the little less than (or is it 'then') a mill a season. Is he worth it for his role and if he is can we afford him? Real question.
Pun intended?

Old 06-27-2012   #30
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

He was kind of a knucklehead for a couple of years with the Giants when he was fined every week for something it seems like. But being locked up will change a man. The thing I worry about with him is will he be content with not seeing the ball a lot? We run only so many plays on offense a game. Arian is going to see his 20 plus touches a game, Tate 10, Andre 5-10, OD, Walter, and you also have to get at least 1 or 2 of the young guys some extensive same experience.

If he understands that he may only see 2-5 balls thrown his way a game then I'm all for it. If he thinks he'd be coming here to catch 75 plus passes then it probably won't be a good fit.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #31
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Gma... BTW, I miss you darlin' through this brutal offseason (missing ALL my beloveds from Blue Crew and/or "the Bull Pen").... EFF it, give it a shot,NO???
Miss ya too Bill!! This off season has been the worst one so far, IMHO. Hope to see a lot of my Blue Crew boys and gals at TC, if I'm up to going this year. Gettin OLD and this heat takes it's toll! BUT, if they sign PB I'll make a point to be there. For some dumb reason I have a good feeling about him. BUT, I'll believe it when I actually see it!! I hope they give him a shot!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #32
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Pun intended?

Pretty sharp this early in the morn Hou-Tex!

rep

Old 06-27-2012   #33
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Miss ya too Bill!! This off season has been the worst one so far, IMHO. Hope to see a lot of my Blue Crew boys and gals at TC, if I'm up to going this year. Gettin OLD and this heat takes it's toll! BUT, if they sign PB I'll make a point to be there. For some dumb reason I have a good feeling about him. BUT, I'll believe it when I actually see it!! I hope they give him a shot!
There's that word again.

Old 06-27-2012   #34
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Very true, BUT, he has been labeled as a trouble maker. Fans are fickle!
A troublemaker who was a WR1 that caught the game winning TD in the SB.

Nah, he's not a Rick/Gary kind of guy.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #35
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
What did Plax do beside shoot HIMSELF? Nothing for anyone to forgive.
Ummmmm, domestic violence?
Old 06-27-2012   #36
blanco2424
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 blanco2424 is a quality contributor and well respectedblanco2424 is a quality contributor and well respectedblanco2424 is a quality contributor and well respectedblanco2424 is a quality contributor and well respectedblanco2424 is a quality contributor and well respectedblanco2424 is a quality contributor and well respectedblanco2424 is a quality contributor and well respectedblanco2424 is a quality contributor and well respectedblanco2424 is a quality contributor and well respectedblanco2424 is a quality contributor and well respectedblanco2424 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is really the only input about it. He just made a comment on the Texans. Nothing confirmed.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...ike-the-texans

You know the media, take it and run with it......All though I would be all for it!
blanco2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #37
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
A troublemaker who was a WR1 that caught the game winning TD in the SB.

Nah, he's not a Rick/Gary kind of guy.
Randy Moss is an example of what happens when good players find ways to limit their own success with new teams.

With the Patriots and Titans, Randy Moss blew it big time.

Burress could come here and fall apart trying to learn the offense and being forced to play within its limits. He could just as easily do really well, though, but still...it's not a lock that the guy comes here and picks up the offense and performs as well as some think.

And nobody knows that his asking price is low all of a sudden. I thought that there was a vet minimum anyways, which means he's not going to be had for a few hundred thousand dollars like rookies are.
Old 06-27-2012   #38
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanco2424 View Post
Here is really the only input about it. He just made a comment on the Texans. Nothing confirmed.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...ike-the-texans

You know the media, take it and run with it......All though I would be all for it!
Not picking on you or anything, but when you said "He just made a comment on the Texans" it might come off to some readers here that he literally JUST made a comment about the Texans.

I thought that very thing, went to the blog entry and saw it was from July 2011.

Going to be hard for the Texans to spend that money on him when we have only $4 million of cap space. We need that money for emergency moves if we need a replacement due to freak injury over the summer or early reg season.
Old 06-27-2012   #39
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Ummmmm, domestic violence?

Hummmmm! That kinda reminds me of someone else who made it BIG in pro-football, even made the HOF! Not gonna mention a name cause just the thought of him makes me want to puke!! BUT, just goes to say that some of these guys with a "troubled/checkered" past can still contribute a lot as a football player.

IF, PB can help take our team to the SB, and help get AJ that coveted RING we all want him to have before he retires, then give the man a chance. He definitley has the experience! JMO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #40
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Not picking on you or anything, but when you said "He just made a comment on the Texans" it might come off to some readers here that he literally JUST made a comment about the Texans.

I thought that very thing, went to the blog entry and saw it was from July 2011.

Going to be hard for the Texans to spend that money on him when we have only $4 million of cap space. We need that money for emergency moves if we need a replacement due to freak injury over the summer or early reg season.
I'm not sure how many years of service he has credited to him in the NFL, but his vet minimum price should be in the 700-900k range. In any case, if he signs for vet minimum, he will only count 540k against the cap + any signing bonus (ex. our new punter got about 60k). 540k isn't bad, but the guy needs to be worth the extra couple 100k for the club to be willing to spend it on him. In contrast, an UDFA only costs 390k, so the caphit difference is somewhat minimal. It's good to pinch pennies, but if he turns out to be a true upgrade, 150k is worth it.

This is all assuming he will take vet min, if he won't I'd pass.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read