Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-26-2012   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Plaxico Burress Rumored to be Considered by Texans?

Could this be our vet? Had a restful couple of years in jail and still showed something last year with a pretty pitiful QB. I'm sure McNair would insist that his contract reads, "I promise not to carry a firearm, especially into a bar. But if I do, I promise to wear a bulletproof cup to protect my performance-based testosterone."
Quote:
NFL Rumors: Will Plaxico Burress End Up With The Houston Texans?

One of the NFL rumors that surfaced Tuesday was that the Houston Texans are interested in Plaxico Burress. The wide receiver needs a job, and the Texans need another wideout.

Burress spent last year with the New York Jets after sitting out of the NFL all together for the 2009-10 seasons due to a two-year prison sentence he received in September 2009 after pleading guilty to one count of attempted criminal possession of a weapon.

The former Super Bowl XLII hero and then-New York Giants teammate Antonio Pierce were at the LQ nightclub in Manhattan late November 2008 when the gun Burress was carrying in his waistband accidentally went off and shot him in the thigh. Pierce drove Burress to the hospital where the incident was not reported to police and two days later Burress turned himself in on charges of criminal possession of a handgun. The handgun was not licensed in New Jersey (where he lived) or New York and his license to carry a concealed weapon in the state of Florida had expired in May of that year. The Giants released Burress in April 2009.

One month following his release from prison in June 2011, Burress said during an interview on the NFL Network:

“When you say Houston, all I can say is ‘Wow,’ ” Burress said. “That’s all I can say, because I give respect where respect is due. And I believe Andre Johnson is the best wide receiver in football. … The way he’s playing down in Houston, they’re getting everything going in the right direction. Matt Schaub has really taken off as an elite quarterback. I think Arian Foster is one of the top-five running backs in this league. I think that team is bound for the playoffs this year and looking forward to great things.”

Currently the Houston Texans have two wide receivers that have caught an NFL pass – Johnson and Kevin Walter. They brought in veteran Mike Sims-Walker for a three-day tryout during mini-camp earlier this month but Sims-Walker did not sign with Houston and is still a free agent.

Burress comes with age (he turns 35 in August) and baggage, but he also has an upside. The Jets finished the 2011 season averaging 206 yards passing per game while Mark Sanchez had a completion percentage of 56.7% and a 78.2 QB rating. Yet Burress had 45 catches for 612 yards and eight touchdowns.

The 6’5” Burress adds a big target and NFL experience to the defending AFC South Champions. With Johnson coming off of arthroscopic knee surgery in May and a very young and inexperienced receiving corps behind him, the upside might be too much for the Texans to pass up.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Plaxico Burress Rumored to be Considered by Texans?

Well, probably just another media speculation, BUT, if fans can forgive Michael, the dog killer, VICK, then why not Plaxico? If he still has what it takes to get the job done, then bring him on, at least for a tryout. Nothing ventured, nothing gained! JMO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Never heard of rantsports. Doesn't seem like a Smithiak move.
Old 06-26-2012   #4
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Well, probably just another media speculation, BUT, if fans can forgive Michael, the dog killer, VICK, then why not Plaxico? If he still has what it takes to get the job done, then bring him on, at least for a tryout. Nothing ventured, nothing gained! JMO!
What did Plax do beside shoot HIMSELF? Nothing for anyone to forgive.
Old 06-26-2012   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Very true, BUT, he has been labeled as a trouble maker. Fans are fickle!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012   #6
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Exactly, his only crime was stupidity.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012   #7
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He has had domestic disturbance issues and acting like jackass when partying issues throughout his career. that article reads like a dude (well chick) speculating randomly versus a "connected" rumor, but who really knows.
Old 06-26-2012   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no opinion. Don't see it happening, though.
Old 06-26-2012   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be open to it with a "team" contract.
Old 06-26-2012   #10
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9598 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
And there are a lot of offenders of that crime.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012   #11
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I have wanted him for a vet minimum deal since before free agency started. He warrants coverage across from AJ, and that's really all we need. He would help open up the run game and provide a big target for the QB. I believe he would be a great #3 or 4 WR that could help this team. Give him a chance and drop Dwight Jones off the roster if needed. He has been waiting long enough, I'm sure he will be cheap now.
Old 06-26-2012   #12
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
And there are a lot of offenders of that crime.
Alas, tis true ... the majority of which have no inkling they belong to the criminal element.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012   #13
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
The real crime is he shot himself in New York City. Had he done that here he would have been called a dumbass and Kubiak would have said something like "Gosh that kid has some maturin to do."

Plaxico? Hell yes. Bring him in.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Gma... BTW, I miss you darlin' through this brutal offseason (missing ALL my beloveds from Blue Crew and/or "the Bull Pen").... EFF it, give it a shot,NO???
Old 06-26-2012   #15
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 80689 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ, AF, OD and PB in the red zone? Scary.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012   #16
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 20837 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

I'd be up for this, he's had his issues but what kids don't when you give them millions of dollars, I'd had been in the titty bar 24x7 right with Bill.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012   #17
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Td machine
Old 06-26-2012   #18
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

He seems to be really confident and motivated listening to a couple of his interviews last week. I don't see it happening based on our team's MO, but I wouldn't be upset about it. He provides a legit red zone threat and should be a lot better than he was last year with a full year to train and get his legs under him.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012   #19
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Would be a great pickup simply because it would give Shaub another big target. He is basically Kevin Walter squared. Would really make a difference in the red zone. Shouldn't cost much either. Really a no loose situation.
Old 06-26-2012   #20
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

This is one of the few times I actually think bringing in a veteran receiver can help. He certainly has the physical abilities and would be good compliment to AJ.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read